Hot Toys - MMS163 - Predators: 1/6th scale Noland Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm ordering from BBTS. The Sideshow price is a little bit too high for me even with free shipping.

Though I think to order him I'm probably going to cancel two of my sideshow orders. So far I'm thinking about cancelling Cmmdr. Cody and the HT shadow predator.

I already have a ton of predators in my collection and I'm starting to go more towards having some variety. Noland offers that variety from a movie I really liked.

My only question is the same one a lot of you have asked. Where's Blaine, Dillon, Mac, Poncho, Hawkins??? (Obviously I don't think we'd get all of them, but at least a Blaine and Dillon)

OMFG !! Laurence Fisburnes most fameous character is Morpheous from the The Matrix.....why the hell did they not make that character first...FFS. Its like getting a Star Wars licence and making one of the random aliens from the Cantina Bar!!!! What a waste of time and loss of money for HT's. Am not saying these wont sell but damn if they did Morpehous and we would get what we want and they would get great sales...

Yep, I'm afraid your analogy here is deeply flawed. This figure is being made under the banner of the Predators license not some overall Lawrence Fishburne license enabling HT to make figures of any of his characters. I doubt such a thing could exist, at least in his case. In the context of it just being the Predators license we already have all the most obvious characters (like Vader, Han, Luke) and now they're giving us something a bit more obscure but cool looking (3rd alien from the left in the cantina)

I think it does depend on how well off the collector is.Due to the jobs here being slow at times i will stick with the predators.Isabella would have been a better sale pitch.Female figures have the tendency to always sell out i thought.
Now with this as an option the shadow predator looks even like a better buy for me.
Is this the standard price for humans now 185$, with all these prices going up i can totally see figures being at this price from here on...

. I doubt such a thing could exist, at least in his case. In the context of it just being the Predators license we already have all the most obvious characters (like Vader, Han, Luke) and now they're giving us something a bit more obscure but cool looking (3rd alien from the left in the cantina)

I like the fact that we're getting a character other than a predator. It allows for variety in the line.

I would pick up an Isabelle figure and maybe even a Hanzo.

This is where for a new guy to Hot Toys (me), has to be careful. At HT prices I think it is worth getting iconic characters (T-800 Arnold, Godfather, Jack Sparrow, Indiana Jones etc...). But when the casual “far from any wish list” character pops up you need to just walk away otherwise you will be plagued with a room full of 1/16 figures (something I do not want). I think the head sculpt is fantastic. Easily recognizable. I think this figure falls in the same category as Sweeny Todd....is it a Sweeny Todd figure or Johnny Depp figure? Is it a Noland or Lawrence (don’t call me Larry) Fishburne figure? Both characters are not mainstream or iconic but the actors are!!!

I will sit and wait patiently for my Street cloth Rocky figure.....iconic!!!

This is a must buy for me the sculpt is really well done but i find it kinda funny that there's an avp spear WTF

But when the casual “far from any wish list” character pops up you need to just walk away otherwise you will be plagued with a room full of 1/16 figures (something I do not want).
Easier said than done, my friend. Many have come before you with the same guiding philosophy, and many have failed to maintain that perspective. Best of luck to you.

This is where for a new guy to Hot Toys (me), has to be careful. At HT prices I think it is worth getting iconic characters (T-800 Arnold, Godfather, Jack Sparrow, Indiana Jones etc...). But when the casual “far from any wish list” character pops up you need to just walk away otherwise you will be plagued with a room full of 1/16 figures (something I do not want). I think the head sculpt is fantastic. Easily recognizable. I think this figure falls in the same category as Sweeny Todd....is it a Sweeny Todd figure or Johnny Depp figure? Is it a Noland or Lawrence (don’t call me Larry) Fishburne figure? Both characters are not mainstream or iconic but the actors are!!!
I will sit and wait patiently for my Street cloth Rocky figure.....iconic!!!

Nobody is going to mistake this figure for Tyrone Miller, Furious Styles, Captain Miller, Morpheus, etc. :lol

True and you can put Nolan in that bunch. The only Fishburne character that I think people would address as the character and not the actor is Morpheus.

$180. SUCH UNTHINKABLE OPULENCE!

The whole background of this completely ordinary figure is comming from 5 minutes of meaningless and utterly tragic "performance" of Fishbourne in a movie for american teenagers with radical deficiency of cinema taste.

And obviously you can pay even 280 dollars for all I care, but that won't change the fact that he is just an unnecessary and unappealing piece of overpriced plastic with no story behind him.

0912-00487-002b2.jpg

Did he wear the Predator belt and leg armor at any point in the film?

Off the various issues that can be asked about this figure you have chosen the most WTF... :lol

UPD
Uhhhh, here goes another one :rotfl

Various issues? which issues? If people dont like the figure or the character good for them. I do like it :)

Guess i`ll have to watch the movie again to see if he wears that armor or not.

Sure is a lot of detail in his outfit, especially the armor. If you keep the helmet on, you could use the Head sculpt on a AA TT and make a second figure. CSI Fishburne?

Back