Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I got mine for $180 shipped here but it had some minor staining on the fabric where the left glove is on. I may buy an extra top on ebay but the glove covers the stain so I haven't decided yet. The shield was fine.

Does anyone know how to unbuckle the belt? I don't want to break it, an wish to properly put the belt through the beltstraps...thanks

Does anyone know how to unbuckle the belt? I don't want to break it, an wish to properly put the belt through the beltstraps...thanks

The buckle is in two parts. Each part has a small magnet on it to hold them together. But HT(In their wisdom), decided to add a small dab of superglue to hold it together.
If you are feeling brave, put something bladed inbetween the buckle parts and gently work it in until they pop apart. Only a little pressure is needed.

I finally got one!!!! I was going to get the Golden Age Cap, but after seeing in hand pics, I decided against it. I like the redesigned midsection and the shoulder pads being sewed down. However, the stripe patter on the pants and chest look horrible as well as the thigh and knee pads on the pants. I got an ok deal on him for $205. I've seen him go for more and less. I think it's a descent deal right now considering its before Christmas and I think a lot of people are of similar mind in regards to the golden age cap and therefore pursuing this one instead.

I finally got one!!!! I was going to get the Golden Age Cap, but after seeing in hand pics, I decided against it. I like the redesigned midsection and the shoulder pads being sewed down. However, the stripe patter on the pants and chest look horrible as well as the thigh and knee pads on the pants. I got an ok deal on him for $205. I've seen him go for more and less. I think it's a descent deal right now considering its before Christmas and I think a lot of people are of similar mind in regards to the golden age cap and therefore pursuing this one instead.

Its a good figure(even thought the HS is starting to show it's age). If it didn't come with long foot pegs, get some. It makes the figure taller.

Congratulations, welcome to the club! I had a Golden Age Cap for a short while, then sold it because of this figure. The only things I liked about GA Cap were the shoulder articulation and the pinstripe pattern on the blue top/pants, which is technically supposed to be on First Avenger Cap too. But I still think this figure beats it 8 days a week. And I agree about the long ankle pegs- get them if they're not included.

I still have the FAC as my only representation of Capt....I changed out the head to an unmasked Steve..the outfit is still my favourite and nothing they have come up with yet has changed my mind.

Re: Hot Toys -MMS156- Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Got a bunch of Steve heads a couple of days back and have taken some pics of my previous HT figures wearing the new sculpt.

A4187B82-BE39-4BC8-BD4C-6D0CD96BC957.jpg

013D61D7-C0E5-480E-B051-9F3CF7DD7C7E.jpg

FBD7BA76-3618-4B26-8618-279652A2DEF3.jpg

E3853B75-7489-41C7-88DA-FEABCCC7C7BB.jpg

558327F3-7F36-4076-86B9-FFA3155ECCB5.jpg

It's hard to follow the army of Caps, but I started reposing Cap and thought I'd share a picture. I was going for a dynamic pose where he's smashing his shield into someone, and it was hard to capture the angle without the figure looking weird. He actually looks good in this picture, but I think it'll be better once I get someone to display him with.

IMAG0095.jpg

It's hard to follow the army of Caps, but I started reposing Cap and thought I'd share a picture. I was going for a dynamic pose where he's smashing his shield into someone, and it was hard to capture the angle without the figure looking weird. He actually looks good in this picture, but I think it'll be better once I get someone to display him with.

View attachment 157789

Looks good. Is that a die cast shield?

I'm thinking about picking this figure up, but I heard he's a bit on the short side. Is this true?

If that's indeed the case, what can be done to bring him up to the height of say the Avengers Cap?

Back