Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just bought one of these figures and noticed that the belt isn't through the belt loops.

Is that normal?

Is there any way to unclasp the belt to fix it?

Its is normal. They are all shipped without the belt through the loops.
The belt is clasped with magnets but is also glued.
You can get it apart if you want.
I fed my belt through the loops but it's tough to do. And you have to be careful as the pouches need to be removed before and fed on at specific points. So it needs to be well planned.
It *can* be done. But it's a tough procedure, lol.

I decided to try this, it took about 10 minutes but the result looks 1000% better.

I could not get my clasp apart but the belt was folded back on itself and glued with a tacky substance.

I undid both sides and removed the clasp/buckle, slide the belt through and then redid the folded back section. I used tweezers and was able to get the belt tighter.

I also put the holster flap between the pouch straps because I think it was designed to work that way and it looks better too.

This simple change was well worth the effort

I just wish there were 2 loops in the back instead of the one centered loop so the back suspender strap wasn't offset.

I just got mine and the glue wasn't holding the buckle anymore. I split the buckle by soaking it in boiling water and used a knife to pry it apart. I then reglued the belt onto the buckle and now use the magnet to open and close it. Its tight enough now where I dont have to use the belt pant loops to hold up the belt.

Now im thinking if I should buy the Rescue Cap to own all the HT Caps made so far.

Yea Caps my favorite Marvel character since I was a wee lad(my only Cap fix back then was comics and Matt Salinger Cap). I have the TWS 2 pack on preorder so Ill probably pull the trigger when I find one.

Yea Caps my favorite Marvel character since I was a wee lad(my only Cap fix back then was comics and Matt Salinger Cap). I have the TWS 2 pack on preorder so Ill probably pull the trigger when I find one.

Do It mate, as the other guys have said its a great piece, I got into Cap late on but bought the GA & TFA in the last 2 weeks & also have the stealth/Rogers twin pack on preorder. I started looking at the Rescue version just out of curiosity & really got into how it looks & how cool the scene in the film is when he brings all the troops back. Don't think I'll get the Spangled version a bit cheesy for me & the Avengers Cap well its too dangerous to think of buying him as i'd start thinking of getting the other avengers to complete that line but i cant stand Iron man lol

Dunno if this has been mentioned before but does anyone else have a gap on the helmet.
I was looking at the head from below last night & noticed the blue helmet has a tiny gap just underneath the eyes & the bridge of the nose it does not meet the brown leather that runs across the face. Is it supposed to be like this or can it be fixed ?

10666088_10153531789999460_2790475012640584672_n.jpg

1947840_10153530389404460_996240379203190497_n.jpg

My Son and I battled the morning heat yesterday, to get a few photos of us in our WWII Cap costumes with some vintage planes, at the Miramar Air Show. ;)

Dunno if this has been mentioned before but does anyone else have a gap on the helmet.
I was looking at the head from below last night & noticed the blue helmet has a tiny gap just underneath the eyes & the bridge of the nose it does not meet the brown leather that runs across the face. Is it supposed to be like this or can it be fixed ?

Mine is like that also. I suppose a little Gorilla glue will solve the problem but I never noticed it.

Back