Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks, mate! I'll try to take photos with my regular camera next time I'm home (may be a while). Those were quick cell phone pics from a while back.

:)

281af1bad26ec78bae4ed3f65e55a2b0.jpg

Awesome.
I need to find some boots so i can display my redskull like this. Right now i have mech test tony stark shoes on him lol

So I really love the period clothing on this version, but I'm wondering if it would fit on the Golden Age or Strike Cap that Hot Toys released / is releasing this year. The body types on these newer Captains seem... taller. Does anyone have any experience with this? Could a person just switch out the heads on the First Avenger version and the Strike version, or would the Strike Head look slightly too big? :confused:

^^^ I think the heads are the roughly the same sizes, its just that the bodies have padding underneath. The TFA body out of the box was short but it came with longer foot pegs so I just switched it out and he looked a lot better. GA Cap still slightly taller, like Avengers Cap.

^^^ I think the heads are the roughly the same sizes, its just that the bodies have padding underneath. The TFA body out of the box was short but it came with longer foot pegs so I just switched it out and he looked a lot better. GA Cap still slightly taller, like Avengers Cap.

Thanks. Do you have a favorite suit/outfit between all these Caps? Part of me almost likes the Avengers version - assuming I could switch out those crazy red boots... The blue coloring on TFA version almost reminds me more of 'faded 80's denim', rather than vintage WWII material, lol. Other than that, he looks pretty awesome, too. So many options for modding. Wow.

You can switch out just about anything on the Cap figures. :) I like the GA Cap outfit, mine actually looks very good, not fat like many others seem to, and the articulation, while not perfect, is better than the TFA suit. The TFA and GA suits are very similar it terms of look, otherwise, but the belt is better and of course the double jointed elbows and less restriction around the shoulder joints.

The Avengers cap is still my favorite Cap suit. Its so comic booky. GA Cap is a close second.

The Avengers cap is still my favorite Cap suit. Its so comic booky. GA Cap is a close second.

That's almost where I'm headed as well. Some pictures posted on here of the Golden Age Cap are so different! :gah:

dw36: Yours is one of the few GA Caps I've seen that not only has a neck, but doesn't look like he's wearing an inflatable jacket as well. Did you have to modify it, or was yours like that out of the box? Looking at the secondary market right now, I doubt my chances of getting a 'better' figure are very good...

I almost feel like the major selling point of the GA Cap is that he's the only figure with a reliable 'standard' shield... :lol

That's almost where I'm headed as well. Some pictures posted on here of the Golden Age Cap are so different! :gah:

dw36: Yours is one of the few GA Caps I've seen that not only has a neck, but doesn't look like he's wearing an inflatable jacket as well. Did you have to modify it, or was yours like that out of the box? Looking at the secondary market right now, I doubt my chances of getting a 'better' figure are very good...

I almost feel like the major selling point of the GA Cap is that he's the only figure with a reliable 'standard' shield... :lol
Mine came like that out of the box. I did futz it and squeeze it a little here and there but not much at all, mostly around the pants too to get better leg articulation.

Hey all. I'm looking to buy one of these so if you have one for sale pm me. U.S Only. Thanks!

Just bought this figure, def prefer this one over GA Cap, those shoulders look horrendous and not a fan of the expression, very excited to receive this, comes with a flaking shield though, can anyone recommend a good replacement shield? Saw some on eBay but wasn't sure how they are, thought id ask you experts here haha

Always been a fan of Captain America, really like Chris Evans as an actor and his take on Captain America. I am really really enjoying this figure, definitely a favorite Hot Toys of mine. Going to do more dynamic poses once I get a custom metal shield, the one he has now is flaking so thats why the static pose.

Hot Toys - "The First Avenger" Captain America:
O8Ytqj.jpg

UjLoRp.jpg

Received this guy In today and what an awesome figure! It's perfect and my shield has no major flaking. A couple of the pouches strap will not shut. Not sure if it's on a magnet or glue came undone but no big deal. Very much loving this!

Received this guy In today and what an awesome figure! It's perfect and my shield has no major flaking. A couple of the pouches strap will not shut. Not sure if it's on a magnet or glue came undone but no big deal. Very much loving this!

One of mine has done the same thing. I used a tiny bit of fabric glue and it worked fine.

I just bought one of these figures and noticed that the belt isn't through the belt loops.

Is that normal?

Is there any way to unclasp the belt to fix it?

Back