Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks. I'm still looking but had a question about shields. Are these knockoff alloy shields on eBay better than the ones that come with the figure? I know about the flaking but wanted some advice. Thanks :)

I have one and like it. BUT my only complaint is the blue paint on mine is very light and more transparent than I'd like. No pic at the moment, but it still looks better than the flaked up shield I have.

I tried painting it with a transparent blue and it looked okay. Problem was paint pooling in the corners of the star, so I removed it. If you have airbrush skills, which I don't, lol, it can be fixed as the blue paint looked much better when I tried it.

I tried painting it with a transparent blue and it looked okay. Problem was paint pooling in the corners of the star, so I removed it. If you have airbrush skills, which I don't, lol, it can be fixed as the blue paint looked much better when I tried it.

yep airbrush would look better anyway

Getting my figure tomorrow :) I'm seeing some motorcycles on ebay. Which ones are some of you getting? Also picked up a couple of those alloy shields just so I can display my Cap with them

Getting my figure tomorrow :) I'm seeing some motorcycles on ebay. Which ones are some of you getting? Also picked up a couple of those alloy shields just so I can display my Cap with them

I think there is a specific bike I seen on eBay, just include 'Captain America' in your search

I bought a metal bike from Hobby Lobby for about $ 20 and painted it. It's a little on the small side but I didn't want to spend figure money on a bike.

537756_10152109513064460_490904446_n.jpg

Thanks guys! I'm going to research when I get home from work. So stoked to get Cap and he's even got the longer leg pegs

Got him from a fellow freak! Love him and he already had the longer foot pegs :)

da87a4a40d941f626bebaebc90fa636b.jpg

Very happy with FA Cap and have the Avengers one on the way!

Congrats, it looks great! Remember to take care of the shield (and maybe give it a flat coat so it doesn't flake).

Oh yeah. I'm planning on going to the hobby store to pick some up. I did buy an alloy shield so I may just spray it and box it after

Anyone know how to fix the flap on his belt? I was a little to hard when fixing his hands and the flap came off and won't stick back on. I'm assuming some kind of glue but wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance :)

Anyone know how to fix the flap on his belt? I was a little to hard when fixing his hands and the flap came off and won't stick back on. I'm assuming some kind of glue but wanted to make sure. Thanks in advance :)

Put the belt buckle in boiling water then separate it with a knife or something similar(be careful). The belt buckle is magnetized so it will connect together. String the belt through the gun holster then glue the ends of the belt with a little dab of superglue( in the area that was glued from the factory) then reconnect the belt via the magnets of the buckle.

My TFA Cap strived today, wasted no time getting him in the Detolf in the movie promo pose. Absolutely love him, can't wait to get more versions of him!

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1425669493.188395.jpg

Back