Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well my $25 Hobby Lobby bike is mostly finished. Here is how the bike looked when it arrived:

486993_10152091259124460_213660135_n.jpg

Here it is after my paintjob:

154651_10152109513049460_304161599_n.jpg

532562_10152109513044460_1773041766_n.jpg

537756_10152109513064460_490904446_n.jpg

I would like to add leather pouches to the back, but haven't found anything for that just yet.

Great job! Looks amazing. I have no idea how to paint mine...any pointers?

Well I'm certainly no expert. I guess one important thing to start off is to have the right colors...I happened to have an olive green, flat black and gunmetal colored paints which were perfect for this job. It wasn't particularly difficult, honestly.

I agree, especially when you sit him on it. But I plan to pose him standing next to it, it looks better then. But it is a tad small. But hey, for $25....

And yes you're not taking this thing apart without doing some major damage. It's all metal and welded together. I had very little problem painting different pieces using different sized brushes, and trust me, I have no idea what I'm doing.

I do wish I could find some nicely fitting leather pouches to go on the back.

LOL nope, its quite unsightly. Its not just random spots its a whole section of the edge.

I had it in a display case for quite a while and it just so happened i recently noticed the damage to it.

Ive had collectibles like an old Toy Biz iron man figure that had similar issues, but the paint effect didn't come undone like this for at least 10 years. This figure isn't even that old to be experiencing this issue.

I really wonder if Hot Toys has improved on the technique for the new figure at all.

photo1.jpg

photo2.jpg

photo3.jpg

Mate, you need to post this on HT facebook page ASAP!

Just got my Cap Avengers Head off eBay from a seller in Hong Kong. Just wanted the head but it looks pretty good on the FA body outfit.
aqy6e4e3.jpg
usuhage9.jpg
amuzumy7.jpg
ju3u6ety.jpg
aqa7eqa3.jpg
eme2yduv.jpg
veze7apa.jpg
uvady7ah.jpg
re9a7ury.jpg
4u5aqebu.jpg

Definitely more of an action pose head. The rescue cap works good too when you think about helmet hair.

Mate, you need to post this on HT facebook page ASAP!

Feel free to repost it if you like, but all HT is going to do is just ignore you or give you the run around as they have done to so many in the past. Thier customer service is probably the worst ive ever experienced. Asian Ebay scalpers/kit bashers to my surprise are more customer friendly only cause they have a public rating that they need to maintain, as opposed to HT who's going to make money regardless of QC issues.

Feel free to repost it if you like, but all HT is going to do is just ignore you or give you the run around as they have done to so many in the past. Thier customer service is probably the worst ive ever experienced. Asian Ebay scalpers/kit bashers to my surprise are more customer friendly only cause they have a public rating that they need to maintain, as opposed to HT who's going to make money regardless of QC issues.

True but at least it can be brought to the attention of the masses and they can see the poor QC issues and hopefully if more people complain, HT might change materials used. If that makes sense?

Just got my Cap Avengers Head off eBay from a seller in Hong Kong. Just wanted the head but it looks pretty good on the FA body outfit.
aqy6e4e3.jpg
usuhage9.jpg
amuzumy7.jpg
ju3u6ety.jpg
aqa7eqa3.jpg
eme2yduv.jpg
veze7apa.jpg
uvady7ah.jpg
re9a7ury.jpg
4u5aqebu.jpg

Definitely more of an action pose head. The rescue cap works good too when you think about helmet hair.

I think I still like the new angry look the best.

Just pick up a pack of Super Sculpey. It can be worked like chewing gum and is *very* easy to use.
Once you are done, 30 minutes in the oven at 100 Deg C will set it solid.

theterminator.jpg

hanincarbonite10.jpg

The chris evans head looks good, I just don't like the expression they gave him, he looks pissed off.

Back