Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
6919437219_7b78abcbd1.jpg

6772940130_a757b137ec_z.jpg

6920385139_e48b977597_b.jpg

There were several here that did that mod. I did it as well.
This figure is great straight out of the box. And although the shield is very glossy, Even as stock, it still looks great as its definitely an eye catcher.
For me personally though, I wanted it closer to how I saw it on film and since I've been treading on modding figures, Its not only satisfying adding a little touch to the figure, but at the same time, its very fun.

Here's a repost of my Cap.

CapNew3.jpg

Battlecap6C.jpg

CapNew2.jpg

Yup, those were this pics I was reffering to. I like that look. I would have been fine with a BD sheild. I originally thought that's what we would get with that figure.

I,unfortunately, don't have the skills, and thus the balls, to attempt what you did. Great job.

Yup, those were this pics I was reffering to. I like that look. I would have been fine with a BD sheild. I originally thought that's what we would get with that figure.

I,unfortunately, don't have the skills, and thus the balls, to attempt what you did. Great job.

Thank you. I think I chickened out at least 3 times when I was about to attempt to do the mods, lol.
This is definitely one of the coolest HT figures around.
But since, I've been having fun doing mods on my figures, it finally got the best of me. Glad it turned out ok.

Thanks man, cross my fingers and hope my friend knows what he's doing :lol

Lol, I wish him good luck, but I'm sure it'll be fine.

I agree, if I do buy the Avengers Cap, I would leave the shield as it is. I would like the Avengers Cap looking pristine and look like he is just about to go to battle.

I think I would probably end up doing a matte finish on Avengers Cap just because I find it matches the texture of the costumes a bit better.

Remy, was it this?
TES1260-450_lg.jpg

I should just get my friend to make a bloody account on here. Feel like a messenger boy...

Since I'll probably get Avengers Cap as well I'll wait and see if the shield is just as shiny. If it is, I'll dull cote the TFA shield then.

actually, you're right Nick.
Victor, my testors dull coat was also in a white can.
Its this one.

Testors1260DullcoatSpray.jpg

Although, I think they're the same. I could have sworn the first can I used was black.
But anyway, the one I used for Cap was in a white can.

here's a link to that one in a black can.
https://www.google.com/imgres?q=tes...tart=0&ndsp=33&ved=1t:429,r:1,s:0&tx=21&ty=55

They both seem to say the same thing...1260 flat clear lacquer. I think they're the same.

Last edited:
Hopefully Testors just changed the look of their can because that was the only one we could find. Ended up ordering the can but he's gonna keep an eye out and see if he can find the white can.

:lol he's in a panic.

Guys, with the 'long neck issue' - mine's like that too right now, is it a matter of pushing the head down further on the neck - or pushing the neck further into the body??

I still haven't put the pouch belt thing on him yet. :lol

Hopefully Testors just changed the look of their can because that was the only one we could find. Ended up ordering the can but he's gonna keep an eye out and see if he can find the white can.

:lol he's in a panic.

:lol. I dont blame him. Modding is pretty scary when you're first still getting used to it.

I do think they're the same though.

Back