Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think the revised head is a better likeness.

The fact that Evans doesn't look much like Evans anways, is a great point.
(though I did say something similar pages back).

My girl wants me to decide weather I want Cap or Superman for Xmas. Both are on preorder but I think I can hodl out for Superman. Cap is just too cool.
That's not me saying I prefer Cap, it's just Superman is a bit special and worth a wait for an xmas opening.

Its that time of the year where stuff seems to get lumped the other is around comic-con. Best thing to do really flex pay them so that way they don't all lump together so bad. Otherwise just not ordering it all is the only other way.

I think the revised head is a better likeness.
I don't believe there's anything "revised" about it. Any variation is simply due to the production process involved in making hundreds of heads based off the original. How much it varies depends on how well Hot Toys oversees the production process and makes adjustments for any details that may be getting lost or diminished in the molding and painting process.

With all their figures, I imagine they need to produce a couple and give those the thumbs up before they mass produce them. How strict they are with those first few test figures would determine how much the rest do or do not resemble the prototype.

Some figures, like Alice and Indiana Jones, should never have reached mass production with how they looked.

As soon as I saw the costume for Captain America in the new movie, I knew that Hot Toys was going to come up with a badass 1/6 scale Action Figure that I had to have. Damn me and my weakness for toys.

The lip paint is obviously something they consciously revised. He has more of a smirk, and it looks less fat at the bottom. This is so obvious how do people not notice.

Sculpt is the same yep.

Proto pics always have a very unnatural look to them, the figures don't look all that human until in-hand.

Sculpt appears to be the same I'm glad they changed the color of the lips and made them a bit more life like.

2 more pics :panic::panic::panic:

dc084599.jpg

122b5066.jpg

Haven't been on this thread in a while...great pics as always OMG...anyone know when SSC will most likely have this now that its out overseas? Their website says November?

I can see how a lot of older collectors would see it that way and as much as I loved Reeve's Superman movies as a kid, there's no nostalgia factor in it for me and I'd just rather have the BB and Cap figures displayed as I've enjoyed their movies more and just prefer their overall designs, as well

The funny thing is I am an old collector but I've been a Cap fan since the time Reeve first played Superman. I just haven't had an awesome movie to represent it until now. I was so excited to see this teaser after Batman hit theaters in 1989 because I thought Cap would get the same treatment:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVwZcK4oFAM[/ame]

Boy was I wrong. :lol

I can't tell you how thrilled I am to have a Cap movie that's as good or better than 78 Superman and 89 Batman. :rock

Wow! That teaser was terrible! It looks more like something from the 70s and not from 1989. I'm surprised I never saw it before!

And yes, I too have been looking forward to a proper movie and action figure of Cap since forever. I've been a fan since the late 70s, and loved John Byrne's short run of Cap in the early 80s. I remember having the old Mego 8" figure when I was a kid and loving the shield.

I am SO looking forward to this figure!

Back