Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow. This thread went Star Wars overnight.

I always thought the mods to figures was what made them unique and moreso considered "artwork". I can't believe the amount of bashing going on over it.

Anyway, looking forward to Cap.:yess:

I don't think it look awful.
I think his pictures doesn't do any good to his figure.

I made pretty much the same mod to mine and I like it and that is all that matters ;-)

IMG_3817.jpg

Seb, PERFECT THOR!!!!! :):hi5::clap

Yeah, the custom Thors are cool, & I"m not even a fan of the figure. Good for you guys :D

Last edited:
Is this the captain America thread?

So...getting back to Captain America, I thought it'd be interesting to compare the prototype head to the final, courtesy of OMG. I'm not sure that I see any more resemblance to Evans in the prototype than I do the final. That is to say, i dont know that it looked much like him to begin with so I can't say for sure if it got any worse in production. Anyone else?

261965_10150211330497344_58690437343_7454197_6088938_n.jpg

13b74727.jpg

I think OMG's photos are comparable to the prototype pics. I think everyone, myself included, saw those non OMG pics and got a little nervous. I should know better as all of these figures look great in hand.

So is this a whole T1 or T2 body (excluding the head/hands), or just the arms?

THose arms are from barney ross but they are the same as the T800.
I put the arms on the tt dvanced body.
I think it looks better than the thor body.
The T800 arms on the thor body just stick out a bit too much out of the armour.

I don't have a problem with people not liking it, thats their opinion. The way they feel like expressing their opinion is a different story...

People have EVERY right to express their opinion about this figure. On the other hand, you are giving your unsolicited opinion about other members, which is no bueno. Cool it, please. Perhaps learn to use the ignore function too.

Hey guys. I'm new to this thread. I was wondering if there was any talk about having a Cris Evans headsculpt without the helmet? I was never a big Cap fan but after seeing this figure and the movie I'm stoked to preorder it. Anyone hear of them making another head or maybe an after market one? I'd love to make a custom Johnny Storm from Fantastic Four.

Hey guys. I'm new to this thread. I was wondering if there was any talk about having a Cris Evans headsculpt without the helmet? I was never a big Cap fan but after seeing this figure and the movie I'm stoked to preorder it. Anyone hear of them making another head or maybe an after market one? I'd love to make a custom Johnny Storm from Fantastic Four.

Hot Toys has teased a Cap USO/Rescue figure that may have a Chris Evans portrait.

I think this turned out great. I never really saw Evans in the sculpt to begin with but I still think it looks great. This look is just a great representation of Cap and I'll gladly display him next to IM and Thor.

I dont know if it's just a difference in lighting or whatnot, but i think compared to the proto, Cap lost some red hue at the eyes and on his lips making the sculpt look less detailed or dull.. :dunno

Still looks great overall though
Yeah I agree with that. Hot Toys seems overly hesitant to give their faces too much color, probably for fear that they'll look like they're wearing stage makeup. But the lack of color often leaves sculpts looking grey and lifeless. Captain America could definitely use a little more red in his flesh and lips.

Back