Hot Toys: - MMS156 - Captain America The First Avenger Official Specs and Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it will still look okay if you have Cap behind the motorcycle. I didn't know it was smaller until after I customized it to look like the movie one!

That's the way I will pose them then. I looked at prices of the more accurate in size Indian 1/6 bike and they run three times what I paid for the GI Joe Harley. I think I can live with the 10% difference in size knowing I saved over $100 dollars.

That's the way I will pose them then. I looked at prices of the more accurate in size Indian 1/6 bike and they run three times what I paid for the GI Joe Harley. I think I can live with the 10% difference in size knowing I saved over $100 dollars.

I totally agree. Plus, the "look" of the GI joe is more accurate than the Indian...

I wouldn't get to worried about the little things. The GI Joe Harley WLA 45 is slightly off dimensionally (about 2" too low and 8" to 10" short in 1/6th scale) and is missing a couple of items that would stop it from actually running if it were a real motorcycle. Also missing the toolbox and some other detail items. But overall not a bad representation of a classic "Liberator". But the real reason you shouldn't get too tense about the little things is Cap's bike in the movie isn't an original WLA 45. It's a custom HD put together with Joe Johnston and the Marvel Studio's guys to evoke a WWII look and feel. The GI Joe bike being a little small is the least of your problems if your going to start counting bolts. No WLA is even close to Cap's bike in appearance. Still think it will make a great display piece to go with Captain America and you should enjoy it for what it is.
The New Ray Indian does not in any way represent any actual US WWII Military motorcycle. Much more of a toy even than the Joe bike. Still fun, but not accurate to any real subject. Some of the civilian bikes look great to me though. To each his own.

I wouldn't get to worried about the little things. The GI Joe Harley WLA 45 is slightly off dimensionally (about 2" too low and 8" to 10" short in 1/6th scale) and is missing a couple of items that would stop it from actually running if it were a real motorcycle. Also missing the toolbox and some other detail items. But overall not a bad representation of a classic "Liberator". But the real reason you shouldn't get too tense about the little things is Cap's bike in the movie isn't an original WLA 45. It's a custom HD put together with Joe Johnston and the Marvel Studio's guys to evoke a WWII look and feel. The GI Joe bike being a little small is the least of your problems if your going to start counting bolts. No WLA is even close to Cap's bike in appearance. Still think it will make a great display piece to go with Captain America and you should enjoy it for what it is.
The New Ray Indian does not in any way represent any actual US WWII Military motorcycle. Much more of a toy even than the Joe bike. Still fun, but not accurate to any real subject. Some of the civilian bikes look great to me though. To each his own.

Thanks for the reassurance that it will be a good representation next to Cap. I can't wait to get both of them now for the display.

My pleasure, Superman. I frequent some military modelling and 1/6th boards and you can lose your mind with the detail police. It's like Predator discussions here. But the GI Joe is a nice looking bike and I think works great as a Captain America accessory, at least until someone offers an official screen accurate version. And who knows, it's possible it will be offered. Maybe even by Hot Toys. They don't seem afraid of vehicles and Harley loves licensing models and anything else.

I just bought the New Ray Indian bike which has a 15 inch length dimension. It should be just about the right scale as that is the length of the harley i am using for my t800. It is close enough as the G.i joe bike is close enough that i can customize it to look similarly to the Captain America bike. As long as no die-hard bike enthusiasts do not point out engine or strut details. Once it arrives I will take photos for everyone to check out and decide. I was able to get one for 40.00 shipped. Good enough price for me.

Back