Hot Toys - MMS149 - Sweeney Todd: The Demon Barber of Fleet Street: Sweeney Todd

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
He's up at BBTS for $194.99. Gonna wait and see what prices some of the other stores online put him up for tomorrow. Can't wait though - guess I'll be selling my Medi Todd (glad now he still MIB!)

Boy - Q3 is gonna be expensive though - POs on 5 HT figures - Tron LightCycle, Sweeney Todd, POTC Jack, Indy, and Spiderman. Whew!!

Yeah I've got them 5 on PO but I wouldn't be surprised if 1 or 2 of them spilled over in to Q4 though, I'm still waiting on my VI & Ghost Rider which were both supposed to of been out awhile ago :impatient:

I just ordered this for the wife it's an amazing likeness imo. Then again almost all things from hot toys have an amazing likeness.

LOL! sounds like Homer buying a bowling ball for Marge.

It's so funny you should say that. I just did something similar for my wife. She's not a collector, but she does like to look at my 1/6 collection the most. She appreciates the attention to detail on the more expensive figures (and expensive customs such as Rainman's). With that being said, I just bought her her first 1/6 figure for her upcoming birthday, Albert Einstein. She's a big Einstein nut, but I'm not sure how well she'll receive the figure once she opens the gift. I already warned her that if she doesn't like it, I will buy her something else. I'm trying to turn her to the darkside of collecting. Just a few more days, and I'll find out if my evil plan worked. :rotfl

It's so funny you should say that. I just did something similar for my wife. She's not a collector, but she does like to look at my 1/6 collection the most. She appreciates the attention to detail on the more expensive figures (and expensive customs such as Rainman's). With that being said, I just bought her her first 1/6 figure for her upcoming birthday, Albert Einstein. She's a big Einstein nut, but I'm not sure how well she'll receive the figure once she opens the gift. I already warned her that if she doesn't like it, I will buy her something else. I'm trying to turn her to the darkside of collecting. Just a few more days, and I'll find out if my evil plan worked. :rotfl

Lol. Last Year I bought my BF the Barbra Streisand- Barbie, because He is a Large Fan of her. He didn' t like the doll , now She is in my Collection.

Just ordered mine through Alter Ego. It came to $204 including shipping. I've been trying to cut back on my spending since I'm planning on a vacation in the future, but this figure was a must have. Now both my son and I have pre-orders with them. He ordered Jack Sparrow a couple of weeks back.

Cannot wait!!!

Last edited:
Lol. Last Year I bought my BF the Barbra Streisand- Barbie, because He is a Large Fan of her. He didn' t like the doll , now She is in my Collection.

I didn't know they made a Barbra Streisand Barbie... interesting. Mattel has certainly mined the Barbie lines in some unexpected ways. But the strangest Barbie has got to be....

thebirdsbarbie.jpg

I pre-ordered mine from urban collector, $200.xx shipped. Kind of a bummer to have to spend that much on a 1/6th, it's been a while since I bought a 1/6th figure, but it seems like not too long ago I purchased the Deluxe Batman for around $140 shipped. I'd pay anything for Sweeney though, a must have.

$188 at Cornerstorecomics. That was a pleasant surprise! Pre-order IN!

your telling me! I thought this was going to be DX Jack Price. $188 I can live with! :yess:

Terminator PF you will have to wait until summer job is secure but DX Jack and MMS Sweeney POed:rock

Yeah, I'll probably pose him the the same way. I can't see putting someone else in the chair. Takes the focus away from Mr. Barker.

$200 will be the standard rate for Hot Toys soon, I think. Sans chair, I guess this guy would still be $180ish.

Man, I hope not. Raising prices has the potential to hurt the 1/6 hobby. I've seen it happen over the years with collectible lines like Simpsons, Star Trek, and to a certain extent, everything Gentle Giant produces (remember busts numbered in the 10,000s? The numbers are now down to 2,000 or less). The figure prices raise, too many variations out there to collect, too much merchandise available in one year, etc. are all bad things, IMO. Even Star Wars has taken a hit in the small figure world, it seems (the "vintage" collection - at $8.99 a pop - is hanging on the shelves everywhere). If Hot Toys could keep the quality up but the prices down, I think it would mean longevity for these lines. There's always an exception like the DX series and all the extra (and sometimes big) stuff they come with, but I'm talking "regular" figures here. The $150 mark is already pushing it for many collectors. The more people are priced out of the hobby, the less product companies will sell. So... if they can't sell their minimums, production has to scale back, extra or un-sold merchandise has to be liquidated, and eventually, things die because of lack of support from collectors. It's happened so many times in the collectible toy world - companies get overzealous on pricing because their product is hot, but the fire burns out quicker than expected when they alter the structure that gave them success in the first place.

Oh, and all that being said, I *did* order the Hot Toys Sweeney Todd. :wink1:

Yes, I'm a die-hard fan, so I had to have it. But I must admit that the money I've spent on this hobby has really been hurting the 'ol pocketbook. Let's see... I have the DX Indy, DX Jack Sparrow, and Sweeney Todd all on pre-order - not to mention I just bought Rainman's Big Lebowski, Scott Pettersen's Bounty Hunter Blondie, and Hot Toys' Iron Man Mark IV and both Platoon figures...

I seriously need a break!

Anyone out there not caring about the Hot Toys Sweeney Todd want to buy my Medicom one? :lol

I used to spend a fortune tuning my car and parts, but hot toys is my need for speed.

Back