Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello,

First time posting and thought I'd contribute to this thread with my Thor mod.

7177814544_a4db6115c5_c.jpg

He's bulked up using the body suit that came with the Crazy Dummy Ranger which looks like this:

bodysuittn.jpg

I'll eventually switch out the body when the Kaustic Plastic Heroic bodies gets released.

He dose fill out the costume quite well. How's the articulation?
I'm waiting on the Kaustic hero body too, but not for my Thor.

AFM

He dose fill out the costume quite well. How's the articulation?
I'm waiting on the Kaustic hero body too, but not for my Thor.

AFM

Too bad one has to 'mod' the figure to get it more accurate, Ill be happier with the Avengers body, looks larger. This looks really good though, great job, the legs (and hair) made me not get this but looks about right now.

Hello,

He's bulked up using the body suit that came with the Crazy Dummy Ranger which looks like this:

bodysuittn.jpg

I'll eventually switch out the body when the Kaustic Plastic Heroic bodies gets released.

thanks for the tip, I just picked up the body suit to do the same mod.

:hi5:

Thanks guys. And thanks for the comparison pics BB&WSF, looks like my mod was worth it :)

AFM - although the suit stops at the joints, the tighter fitting sleeves and pants restricts the articulation a bit further. Although I can lower the arms a bit more. He's always going to have the "Come at me!" pose, which thankfully is how I like him to look. I'll try and play with some more poses to see if he can at least hold those. I can safely say I wouldn't use him to make a movie.

Only thing I didn't like about this mod is that I have to cut the armor in the back. Right now it's just taped, I'll have to figure out a better solution. Thank goodness for the cape.

I was also worried the suit would lose the bit of definition on his arms but they came out the same as before. The Avenger version is of course, a ton better in this regard.

CTO15 - Stock up on patience when putting his shirt back on. The chainmail shirt is surprsingly flexible. When I was doing this mod I had the mindset that if I screw it up, it'll give me an excuse to get the new one :lol

So, do you think the bulk up using Crazy Dummy Ranger body suit would work with a muscular truetype only? Or it could work with a regular or advanced TT too. Any thoughts?

Also, his helmet mod would be the icing on the cake!

So, do you think the bulk up using Crazy Dummy Ranger body suit would work with a muscular truetype only? Or it could work with a regular or advanced TT too. Any thoughts?

Also, his helmet mod would be the icing on the cake!

I think the suit would work with the advanced TT (minus the thigh plates) and regular bodies just fine. What would you use it for though? TFA Cap?

Yes! Helmet mod would be next.

Another note. In putting on the suit and then the chainmail shirt just make sure the lower arm is plugged all the way in. All the pulling and adjusting could pop it out and you'd have to take everything off again.

Yup, something like that. :) Trying to score him piecemeal, would be much lesser than what's the complete figure is going for these days. However, the head, hammer, & helmet are going for awesome prices on the bay. It will take some time, but eventually I will have him ready for display.

Hello,

7177814544_a4db6115c5_c.jpg

bodysuittn.jpg

need more photos for understand details

need more photos for understand details

sorry i didn't take any photos. it's basically taking the "body suit" that was included in the crazy dummy ranger figure shown HERE and have the nude thor wear it underneath his costume and armor. if you look at the picture of the suit it bulks up the upper arms, the torso, and thighs only.

if you google or search ebay "crazy dummy body suit" you might be able to buy the body suit loose. hope this clears it up for you.

About how the muscles look defined, the Avengers version does look better. Don't know if they have given shape to the suit like that or is it because of the body. Looks like the suit, if it will be the same muscular body.

Wating for the KP body too, that might do the trick of defining the deltoids and biceps.

thor11.jpg

165119_491418157343_58690437343_6446303_6618228_n.jpg

526110_10150723126487344_58690437343_9615397_1378386795_n.jpg

I personally really like this first Thor.

I'm not into the Avengers version as much due to the sculpt, so if it doesn't change, I'll probably skip it. And since I didn't buy Odin (didn't really want him, wanted a Thor version of Loki), I can display this one with my Avengers figures and be pretty satisfied I think.

I keep looking at that facesculpt and think, Gahhh, who is that supposed to be?

The body looks good on this though.

I agree I think the costume and body contouring(not the headsculpt) is improved with the Avengers version, but not enough to justify a repurchase . Currently I have all the Avengers releases on pre-order but I have to cancel 1 or 2 eventually(Hulk when released is a must get) and I think my first Thor will look great standing with the others . I took a few simulated Avengers shots using the original.

DSCN5162.jpg

DSCN5130.jpg

Love those shots Sir Onesixth! It would have been cool to have some type of background each HT Avenger would come with and share.

I find him short and a little stout than what he was in the movie? (of course, Chris is like 7', right! :lol)

Once I get him (together), I will surely work on increasing the truetype's height before I put him on display. Anyone else tried it yet?

Love those shots Sir Onesixth! It would have been cool to have some type of background each HT Avenger would come with and share.

Thanks Hirogen ! That's a good idea ! I took a Black Widow shot with this background also - i'll be getting the Avengers version of her as it's confirmed that the hair will be sculpted which I prefer over the first version with rooted hair. So far Avengers Thor seems to be the least changed which is why I may just go with the original.

DSCN5157.jpg

Back