Hot Toys MMS146- Thor (Chris Hemsworth) 1/6 Limited Edition Figure Full Specs + Pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: THOR. The First thing I'm gonna do is..

Don't even try..:nono

20110520010724720.jpg

The first thing I'm planning on doing is swapping the body for a T800 2 body. I just purchased one on ebay and I'm looking forward to getting my Thor soon. I was thinking of even going sleeveless. I'll post pictures once it's completed.

Anyone else have any plans for Thor?

AFM

Here's the photo of Thor on a T800 body.

As i compare the Real Movie thor and the Hot Toys version of it.. I think the built fits perfectly fine.. Adding a t800 body will make the figure more bulkier or unnatural to thor's movie look. Just my thoughts :)
thorfull.jpg
244270_168244836570848_138228759572456_436084_2975281_o.jpg

I don't know. The T-800 body makes him look a little weird to me, but that's just me. I personally think the upper body is fine as is, but I am planning on putting some advanced thigh pieces on his legs when mine comes in. His legs look like poles to me there.

As i compare the Real Movie thor and the Hot Toys version of it.. I think the built fits perfectly fine.. Adding a t800 body will make the figure more bulkier or unnatural to thor's movie look. Just my thoughts :)
thorfull.jpg
244270_168244836570848_138228759572456_436084_2975281_o.jpg

His arms and legs look a lot bigger in the real photo as oppose to the Hot Toys figure. Look how tight the armor looks.

Don't even try..:nono

20110520010724720.jpg

I don't know guys... When looking at this picture I think he looks like some guy who is flexing all his muscles to impress a hot girl who's walking by or something.

I think the body that HT has chosen has the most screenaccurate proportions for this figure.

Can't wait to own this figure! Hopefully I'll get it within two weeks! :rock :rock :rock

Looking at that publicity still of Thor I cant help but think the film makers really miscalculated and robbed the character of his full visual impact.
He really needs to wear the helm almost all the time and the silver chain mail needs to cover legs.
Or at the least give him silver metallic greaves. Boots need to be higher and cover the knees.
Its just to much below the waist and no contrast.

Hopefully this will be rectified on Avengers and in sequels.
Either way my figure will get a serious wardrobe over haul.
Remains to be seen if the T800 body is over the top as the experiment photo isnt the best to judge over all proportions by.
As it is now theres too much slack in the figures arm chain mail.
I'd be more likely to give a Odin a T800 body at this point, he needs to be large and in charge.

Last edited:
T-800 body seems to stocky and bulky. The problem with the actual release isn't the size of the arms so much as the loose fit of the sleeves over his arms IMO (as the Side of the Show's pics suggest). But if it was too tight, it would be more prone to ripping. Given that, I think they made the right choice.

T-800 body seems to stocky and bulky. The problem with the actual release isn't the size of the arms so much as the loose fit of the sleeves over his arms IMO (as the Side of the Show's pics suggest). But if it was too tight, it would be more prone to ripping. Given that, I think they made the right choice.

i still want to see a sleeveless t800 thor...or even a redfield/ducth sleeveless thor for that matter

He just looks horrible on the huge body.

The only thing HT failed at was making the armor on the arm appear like the armor from the movie.

It's not that his arms are huge in that real photo from the movie that was just posted, it's just that the armor they created for him is secure and flush with his arms as it should be.

HT simply didn't get that part right, both in texture or color.

But that steroided Thor looks silly. :lol

Looking at that publicity still of Thor I cant help but think the film makers really miscalculated and robbed the character of his full visual impact.
He really needs to wear the helm almost all the time and the silver chain mail needs to cover legs.
Or at the least give him silver metallic greaves. Boots need to be higher and cover the knees.
Its just to much below the waist and no contrast.

Man, I hope they avoid doing much of this. Seriously, why don't we turn him into a bad Halloween costume. :lol

I gotta agree with Josh on this one. I have posts from when the first movie Thor pics were leaked and I, too, thought he should've looked pretty much like how he does in comics now, but then realized chainmail pants and hooker boots will most likely look silly in real life. Unless someone can create a render or a drawing where that combo actually looks good, I'll have to stick with my point of view for now

Man, I hope they avoid doing much of this. Seriously, why don't we turn him into a bad Halloween costume. :lol

:slap
What, so you think he looks good now?
Leather biker pants and space ranger boots?
He could stand to look closer to the current comic page which is what I described.
They had a good start or at least a decent compromise with the top half of the costume but it loses steam as it gets to the waist.
Rather than battle ready Thor he looks like casual Thor who lounges around the house playing with his "hammer".
This direction suits him better imo.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

Last edited:
The only thing I wanted them to change on the costume was to give him more 'skirt armor' Not as extreme as that pic but similar to how he looks in MvC3

mvc3-thor.jpg

:lol Nice one!

:slap
What, so you think he looks good now?
Leather biker pants and space ranger boots?
He could stand to look closer to the current comic page which is what I described.
They had a good start or at least a decent compromise with the top half of the costume but it loses steam as it gets to the waist.
Rather than battle ready Thor he looks like casual Thor who lounges around the house playing with his "hammer".
This direction suits him better imo.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

That looks absolutely horrible IMO. Like armor pajamas over which he wears the chestarmor and boots.

It's not that his arms are huge in that real photo from the movie that was just posted, it's just that the armor they created for him is secure and flush with his arms as it should be.

HT simply didn't get that part right, both in texture or color.

Perhaps we could just try padding the body with tissue or cotton so the sleeves aren't loose. Has anyone tried that?

:lol Nice one!
That looks absolutely horrible IMO. Like armor pajamas over which he wears the chestarmor and boots.

Hmmm....lemme think.
What suits an asgardian storm god better when knocking ice giant skulls?
Under armour chainmail or hybrid disco/biker leather pants better suited for partying with Tony Stark.
Yeah, thats a tough one.
:wink1:

Back