Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I actually throw the whole figure against the wall sometimes to loosen the figure up so I can get the peg out of the hand. If that doesn't work, a sledge hammer to the hands usually does the trick.

All kidding aside, those red pegs are a ____ing _____ to remove. I haven't had this much trouble swapping pegs since OC TDK Batman. I actually have a solution to the peg problem though. I bought a second figure as an extra/backup and I manned up and took the wrist pegs out of the two neutral hands on my new one so I could have a few options of pegged hands. I split the hell out of my thumb nails though. I ended up bending the nail back on my left and right thumbs and ripping a bit of skin. I was more worried about 1, getting the pegs out and 2, not bleeding the figure then hurting my thumbs.

Finally did get it though and once I got them out I had the following hand options.

My first Spidey,

- pegged right relaxed neutral hand
- pegged left relaxed neutral hand
- pegged left fist
- pegged left web shooting hand

Second Spidey,

- pegged right fist
- pegged right webshooting hand
- pegged left crawling
- pegged right crawling

That way, I have all the options other than the "swinging" hands without having to pull the pegs out. All I have to do is quickly swap and interchange.

So if any of you buy an extra, this is ideal. Between the two figures you can have a bunch of hand possibilities without having to worry about taking the peg out.

And more importantly, you can pose the ____ out of your Spidey with reckless abandon knowing you have 2 :lol

I contacted Sideshow after I received my Spidey and asked if hot toys actually sells the red hand pegs for replacement parts or extras. They promptly told me no. I asked them to make a suggestion up the chain of command to offer more for sale and they would probably make a ton of people who bought this figure very happy. Don't know if it will actually be heard but if enough people suggest it to their retailer it might come to fruition.

Got my second Hot Toys Spider-Man today. No problems or quality control issues whatsoever. Both of them are literally perfect. I also took the wrist pegs out of the two neutral hands on my new one so I could do this.

My first Spidey,

- pegged left fist

Second Spidey,

- pegged right fist
- pegged left crawling
- pegged right crawling

That way, I have all the options other than the "swinging" hands without having to pull the pegs out. All I have to do is quickly swap and interchange. I really don't want to risk snapping pegs and having stuck nubs in the hands. I thought I really messed up when I got a little impatient and I heard a loud "CLICK". I thought that was it. It was just the peg itself. Odd though, I've never had a figure that has clicking wrist pegs when you move and pose it. If you tilt it up and down there are a few "clicks" like they're locked.

Anyway, I can't get over how great this figure is. It's really hard to put down. It seems like the posing possibilities are endless.

I actually throw the whole figure against the wall sometimes to loosen the figure up so I can get the peg out of the hand. If that doesn't work, a sledge hammer to the hands usually does the trick.

All kidding aside, those red pegs are a ____ing _____ to remove. I haven't had this much trouble swapping pegs since OC TDK Batman. I actually have a solution to the peg problem though. I bought a second figure as an extra/backup and I manned up and took the wrist pegs out of the two neutral hands on my new one so I could have a few options of pegged hands. I split the hell out of my thumb nails though. I ended up bending the nail back on my left and right thumbs and ripping a bit of skin. I was more worried about 1, getting the pegs out and 2, not bleeding the figure then hurting my thumbs.

Finally did get it though and once I got them out I had the following hand options.

My first Spidey,

- pegged left fist

Second Spidey,

- pegged right fist
- pegged left crawling
- pegged right crawling

That way, I have all the options other than the "swinging" hands without having to pull the pegs out. All I have to do is quickly swap and interchange.

So if any of you buy an extra, this is ideal. Between the two figures you can have a bunch of hand possibilities without having to worry about taking the peg out.

echo.jpg

:nana:

I'm just playin'. It's a good idea for those who can afford it.

For the rest of us: just pull out the pegs nice and straight, and nice and slow, with a pliers

Yah I had the wrong tab. I deleted. SSC forum taking a massive hit. Super delayed with requests.

Wow Oscorp, we shipped out the same day...maybe me a day after and I got my replacement last Friday...and ur closer to Cali than me!

Why is it taking SSCs so long to get you your figure?!

Hey guys another couple questions about this figure

I'm sure it's been answered, but I just read over quite a few of the pages and couldn't find it

1st - There is a "kink"/bulge beneath the fabric at the bottom of spidey's left shoulder/above the side of his bicep/tricep, almost looks like a shoulder pad - is this normal?

2nd - On the same arm the black under suit has fabric sticking out past the end of his sleeve (ie. the black material is past the peg and just to his hand) - as though there is a lump at the bottom of his sleeve. Is this normal too? :D

Thanks

... No, mine was perfect in every way. But you should be able to adjust this by manipulating gently the figure (as if you were giving a massage) to remove these bulges of the black sub-suit. :wink1:

echo.jpg

I'm just playin'. It's a good idea for those who can afford it.

For the rest of us: just pull out the pegs nice and straight, and nice and slow, with a pliers

Got my second Hot Toys Spider-Man today. No problems or quality control issues whatsoever. Both of them.............

Back