Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great shots, not sure about this figure though. Dont know if it's the head I dont like or the costume as a whole. Will be interesting to see what The Amazing Spiderman line looks like next year...

This is pretty amazing in hand I have to say.
Apart from his thunder thighs it looks very accurate.
The problem with looking at pics on the internet of the figure (like the ones I posted), is that you don't get a sense of scale.
This is small but has so much detail, your eye tries to compare it to the full 1:1 spidey.

DSC03204-1.jpg

Last edited:
Something i noticed is in alot of these pics, it looks like theres dust or something on his pants. Anybody know why that is?

Here you go, not futzed, just out of box;

DSC03183.jpg
DSC03178.jpg

DSC03190.jpg

this is really an amazing figure, and your shots are amazing, but is that stitching on the top of the head so obvious on each figure? it kind of takes away from the appearance of the figure for me.

this is really an amazing figure, and your shots are amazing, but is that stitching on the top of the head so obvious on each figure? it kind of takes away from the appearance of the figure for me.
Remember these shots are with a macro lens, you can hardly see it on the figure, but yeah it's there. These were also side lit, so it shows up things a bit more.
As I mentioned before, this is such a great figure that anything that doesn't look 1:1 throws it, so I know what you mean.

Something i noticed is in alot of these pics, it looks like theres dust or something on his pants. Anybody know why that is?

It's not dust. there is a sheen on the pants. seems to come from underneath the fabric. Looks pretty cool on the figure.

Last edited:
Nice pics Rory, are you going to attempt a more dynamic pose? I'm really want to pose him crouched, but the delicateness of the suit and long term effects of the stress on the fabric obviously worry me.

Remember these shots are with a macro lens, you can hardly see it on the figure, but yeah it's there. These were also side lit, so it shows up things a bit more.
As I mentioned before, this is such a great figure that anything that doesn't look 1:1 throws it, so I know what you mean.

that's a damn good macro lens then. i guess there's a good and bad side for using a good camera lens: the pictures look amazing, but you see every imperfection :lol

Looks as good as it did a couple weeks ago. Nice pics! Looking forward to finally adding a a HQ Spidey 1:6th to my collection. I'll go with a basic pose because like any of these I don't change the poses out, and I'm not willing to risk any long term issues on them by trying to pick something dynamic.

Nice pics Rory, are you going to attempt a more dynamic pose? I'm really want to pose him crouched, but the delicateness of the suit and long term effects of the stress on the fabric obviously worry me.

Well I might, the blue pants don't worry me too much, but the rubber webbing does!
You can see how delicate it is on these. For some reason The spider logo on the front looks like it is floating on top of the webbing.
It's not.

DSC03198.jpg

Untitled-1.jpg

Nice pics again Rory :D

It would have been better if the seam was at the back of the mask :D

I'm still expecting 2 of these though :lol

Here you go, not futzed, just out of box;

DSC03190.jpg

Ok, here is a question to all of you regarding this picture. Couldn't Hot Toys had made the stitching in the head a bit more to the right (or left) and hidden under the webbing? Was that not an option at the time or have ignored the possibility completely? I think it would look much better that way.

Great photos by the way! What camera/lens did you use?

I think having the stitching off center (and the fact that would make the webbing raised on one side) would bother me way more than the seam itself.

I find the biggest perk about taking pics of this figure is seeing how awesome the light brings out the metallic shine on the web of the suit in various areas of the figure.

Ok, here is a question to all of you regarding this picture. Couldn't Hot Toys had made the stitching in the head a bit more to the right (or left) and hidden under the webbing? Was that not an option at the time or have ignored the possibility completely? I think it would look much better that way.

Great photos by the way! What camera/lens did you use?

Really I have to say if you saw the figure infront of me on my desk, you wouldn't even question the stitching, it's tiny! That's side lighting and a macro lens! It is there but honestly IMO it's not an issue!

The big thighs were my only negative, when I opened the box. They really look huge at first.

Great pics Rory! :rock They're making me impatient! :impatient: :panic:

Thanks man, you won't be disappointed, it was a nice surprise today, wasn't even expecting it!

Last edited:
Hey guys, i got mine today and his right foot seems loose. I've have a feel and it seems broken.

It's an easy fix job but i just don't know how to get to it!!

Does anyone have any advice?

Question: My first time ordering from Sideshow. They sent an email notifying that they would be charging card for Spidey today, but my card has not been charged yet. Anyone know the time frame it takes them to get this done? Just wondering...I don't like not knowing when money is going to leave my possession.

Great Pictures Rory.
I know what you mean how some imperfections show up more on close ups. Still, I dont understand though how HT decided to leave the stitch marks right on top of the head which is the focal point. The back of the head would have been the logical place to put it.

I hope its not as noticeable in hand as the pics suggest.

Hey guys, i got mine today and his right foot seems loose. I've have a feel and it seems broken.

It's an easy fix job but i just don't know how to get to it!!

Does anyone have any advice?

Send it back! I can't even imagine how you would fix one of these feet.
The fabric is folded inside the plastic boot. they are not regular HT feet.
Sorry man.

:(

Great Pictures Rory.
I know what you mean how some imperfections show up more on close ups. Still, I dont understand though how HT decided to leave the stitch marks right on top of the head which is the focal point. The back of the head would have been the logical place to put it.

I hope its not as noticeable in hand as the pics suggest.

Well I think they had to to get the fabric to curve around. The seam starts on the forehead and runs all the way down the back of the neck. You can hardly see it, but the joint is in the front as you can see in my pics. I don't want to sound like a HT fanboy (I'm not) but this really is an achievement in 1/6th clothing/costuming. It's seriously impressive inhand.
There are a few issues, a couple of loose thread ends, arm muscles are a strange shape, thighs as mentioned are a bit weird. But this is fantastic.
I will try and take a couple more shots in a more neutral lighting setup tomorrow to alleviate peoples concerns over the stitching..

Back