Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i'm not a marvelfreaks but wow.
from the first time that ugly shot of him hanging upside down with the 'prototype' watermark on it i know right away it was done with purpose. to create a hype about this particular figure. HT love doing this, it's not a surprise anymore. marketing strategy. Just like that bruce lee body sculpt case.

i also know that this is their initial attempt on that true type and fabric material before the CR superman released.

Pics from TW look a tad different. (glad it's a feb. release)

20101206_5ed1ac76466075a8d529roPCSEXNF1UO.jpg

20101206_462ab27a9e2a144fa57cng3aUe4qWeJZ.jpg

I hear you Tim

The more i look at these pics the more i love him :)

I'd wait. You know they'll learn from this one and come out with a better version later with a Peter Parker sculpt...

Did a little adjustment to the color of the web. I think this one looks better than the color white. :)

webcolormod.jpg

spiderman3_01.jpg

Do you suppose it's a technical limitation of 1:6 scale that led them to make the grey webbing about twice as thick as it ought to be?
Yeah, most likely, but Hot Toys has been able to do amazing things so far, and I was hoping this wouldn't look so bad when we saw the full reveal. But, probably the best they could do without producing something incredibly fragile. This is the main issue I have with the figure, too, because the gray webbing on the suit is really overwhelming and makes it look cheap IMO. I disliked that decision in the movies to begin with, and this just magnifies it. I'll still get this guy, but I am definitely hoping for something better down the road.

Toyrewind's mod here looks much better because it takes some attention away from the garish gray/white webs. But the webs could still be thinner.

Count me in! He looks just about perrrrrrrrrrrfect! :clap

Great mod Toy

I am not loving the lenses or the pattern within the red material, its a very obvious pattern and needs to be more subtle

And judging by the screenshot above the spider is completely wrong and needs to be the same colour as the webbing

I like the figure--true enough to the film's designs to me to be a standout Spidey figure on the shelf (unlike the Medicom versions), but I'm curious to see how deep they delve into the franchise. I liked the first 2 films, but 3 was horrible. I mean, Affleck DD horrible, so it's really hard for me to wanna plop down $$$ for a figure from such dreck. But I said the same about the Blade figure (Blade 2 was my least favorite) and I own one, so I'm going to need to see what else they have slated. I'd love a decent Green Goblin--I didn't love the design, but HT would do I sweet job on him. I just picked up the 12 inch Toy Biz Green Goblin to compliment my Medi Spiderman, more as Raimi shelf filler than anything, but the figure is actually not bad for $15 shipped off ebay.

3 was awful and for that reason I am looking at this as more of a generic Spiderman rather than specifically Spiderman 3

Guess I'm in the minority here that doesn't like this figure.

The head seems to be too long, the webbing is just too thick (1/6th is a _____ for this reason), and the figure just looks off in general for some reason.

I wasn't going to buy this figure anyway though but it didn't blow me away at all.

Back