Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
After CR Supes and Ezio, this figure is next on my list of acquisitions.
You were talking Terminator the other day. Superman, Terminator, and Spider-Man here have to be three of the most essential Hot Toys figures I own. Up there with Batman Begins Batman. If I had to sell every Hot Toys figure I had, I figure these would go last. Spidey has his flaws. I think the body proportions are a bit off, the mask could work a bit better, the red pegs are way too brittle, and they could use a more durable material for the webbing on the suit. But still a great figure, and one of my favorites because it's a pretty close to comic-accurate Spidey.

My Terminator is on its way. I've held off on Supes because there are a ton of them still available and I have to agree about Spidey when you say this is the best comic book representation.

I have to say though, Ezio ranks so high up for me because the Assassin's Creed series is one of my favorites; behind GTA and Uncharted.

Possibly. When I was a kid the black Spider-Man episode was the coolest thing on tv. It was legendary. I had a figure and my friend "lost" it in the sand at the beach. I think he stole it. Even though this doesn't look the same, I will own black spidey once again. The red one is intriguing but with all the issues and no headsculpt ill have to push it back until after the 89 batmobile at least.

Don't get it twisted, the black suit is a must for me as well, but like Superman there are a ton still out there for grabs. Here's why I love the Black suit
epybymez.jpg

The trouble is, in a comic, it looks fantastic. But aside from the white eyes and spiders, it's totally featureless. In any scale that would look so boring. There is nothing to it. Even the thing that makes it work as an art piece - the beautiful contrast of clean white on pitch black - would work against it as an actual costume.

Sadly.

Finally got my R&B Spider-Man. Looks great next to my Black Spider-Man.

AC2A6089-432D-4A65-A200-712AE026A9B1-13091-00000C553F674FA6.jpg

So cool. Well done there.

You are correct sir. The all black spidey would be a catastrophe. People would scream for it but once its in hands there would be an uprising against just how underwhelming in detail it is.

The trouble is, in a comic, it looks fantastic. But aside from the white eyes and spiders, it's totally featureless. In any scale that would look so boring. There is nothing to it. Even the thing that makes it work as an art piece - the beautiful contrast of clean white on pitch black - would work against it as an actual costume..

my back in black comiquette proves you wrong ;)

my back in black comiquette proves you wrong ;)

You naughty person, Nova! :)

It is truly a fantastic looking piece and that's for sure.

spidermannbackinblackcomiquette.jpg

But well, sadly now....you are only half correct. There is much more detail in this fine statue than there ever could be with 12" action figure with a real cloth costume. Just look at the beautifully defined musculature on display here, the clean cut lines of a superhero that is ripped to shreds, the way a superhero should look.

It really is a piece of art.

Now try and do that with fabric. Mmmmmmya, that's what I thought.

There is much more detail in this fine statue than there ever could be with 12" action figure with a real cloth costume. Just look at the beautifully defined musculature on display here, the clean cut lines of a superhero that is ripped to shreds, the way a superhero should look.

It really is a piece of art.

Now try and do that with fabric. Mmmmmmya, that's what I thought.
Very true indeed. :lol

I'm still holding out for a killer John Romita Snr Spidey statue.. :monkey2

To this day...the Red and Blue Spidey and Superman CR are my favorite figures...Luke Bespin is closing fast...but just figures...its gotta be this Spidey...fat thighs or not.

Back