Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Alright....

I know I'm going to regret asking this....But hey, I'm a HT n00b and I'm going to play it up. :lol

Where can I PO the Red/Blue Spidey? I'm looking for a reliable retailer (preferably one without a track record of CC issues) and the cheapest price (of those who still have PO available.)

I know I'm going to want this months down the road. And after seeing what scam artists have done to ruin the HTs Wolverine market recently, I can only imagine Spidey will be on the chopping block soon.

And no, I don't want to look back 3 or 4 pages for the answers. :pfft: :lol

Alright....

I know I'm going to regret asking this....But hey, I'm a HT n00b and I'm going to play it up. :lol

Where can I PO the Red/Blue Spidey? I'm looking for a reliable retailer (preferably one without a track record of CC issues) and the cheapest price (of those who still have PO available.)

I know I'm going to want this months down the road. And after seeing what scam artists have done to ruin the HTs Wolverine market recently, I can only imagine Spidey will be on the chopping block soon.

And no, I don't want to look back 3 or 4 pages for the answers. :pfft: :lol

I think the stock is dried up pretty much everywhere. I'd go on the Sideshow waitlist for now. I think you'd probably have a good shot there.

Otherwise, you could keep checking the online retailers like AlterEgoComics.com or Cornerstorecomics.com (although some people had issues due to a cc issue in the past. I haven't had any problems in the last couple of years). They sometimes have extras on hand when their shipments arrive.

Kinda late, most places are soldout. Get on the SS Waitlist.

These guys are good

https://www.ccgarmory.com/sp12fifrhott.html

Any drawbacks to these guys (ie previous CC issues, etc.)?

And their site says there's a 'back-in-stock' notification, is that just because it's a PO and not out yet or are they no longer accepting POs and are compiling a WL (like Sideshow)?

Wasn't sure.

Thanks for the link. Much appreciated.

I think the stock is dried up pretty much everywhere. I'd go on the Sideshow waitlist for now. I think you'd probably have a good shot there.

Otherwise, you could keep checking the online retailers like AlterEgoComics.com or Cornerstorecomics.com (although some people had issues due to a cc issue in the past. I haven't had any problems in the last couple of years). They sometimes have extras on hand when their shipments arrive.

Jumped on the WL now. :rock (Better than nothing.)

Just checked ebay to see if I could pick up another one just out of curiosity and i cant believe he's going for $200 plus already and its not even really out everywhere yet.

The prices have not gone up. That's my point. HK sellers always jack it up. When it's released in the usa there may be some reasonable sellers on ebay, but it shoulda been preordered by now for anyone that wanted it. And it's not all the way sold out if you check the link i posted.

IMG_0574.jpg

IMG_0578.jpg
I like how black Spidey is not a straight up 'colour change variant' of the red & blue Spidey. The spider symbols on the chest, are different for each figure :D

I wonder if a Tobey head would be included with the black Spidey? Be it emo, or normal. Strange having a representation of Harry unmasked & not Tobey :D

Why would a Tobey head be included if the red and blue suit does not have one? How will you swap heads if it is a one piece suit?

Why would a Tobey head be included if the red and blue suit does not have one?
Progress :dunno

How will you swap heads if it is a one piece suit?
You wouldn't :D

Tobey Head doesn't work for this figure as masks are sewn/sealed onto body.
Correction. We only know for sure that the Tobey head wouldn't work for the red & blue figure. We can only speculate for now, if whether or not, black Spidey will be made exactly the same.

Isn't black Spidey still in proto form? They changed the boots & the colour of the webbing on the red/blue Spidey before release didn't they? They might tweak something on black Spidey. HT seem like a smart bunch. I don't think figuring out how to include a Tobey head with a Spidey figure would stump them. Question is will they include a Tobey head? Red & blue Spidey seems to have sold well without a head sculpt, so it might not be cost productive to work on a Tobey head, knowing black Spidey might sell well without one anyway.

I think it would be cool to get it as an alternative way to display Spidey (normal Tobey, not so much emo Tobey). If there is no head sculpt included for black Spidey, eh, alright. But if they make a 3rd Spidey (please be battle damaged Spidey), I think then, might be a good time to get the lead actors likeness included with the figure.

Also, with the black Spidey, a different diorama piece, or an add on piece to the clock tower diorama, included with the red/blue Spidey, would be cool :D

Spiderman Review/Evaluation.

1. Body: Black Adv. TT with slim forearms, Thigh muscle cover. As articulated as Adv. TT. What might be new are the ankles.
2. Clothing: Double layered spandex material, inner spandex is black. Single piece, with only the break at the wrists. Clothing offers no resistance very stretchable. Amazing tailoring and webbing. Great attention to detail on the printing of scale patterns on the spandex, it's not a single pattern being repeated, but pattern that actually follows the contures of the body. Must be some unique process, I'd say webbing and scale pattern is printed before sewing
3. You can pop spidey's eyes out to re-adjust the webbing and insert back.

Conclusion: Nothing new on the body, great tailoring. Wrap an Adv. TT in spandex (greatly tailored/made one) and you'll have a Spiderman.

Last edited:

1. Body: Black Adv. TT with slim forearms, Thigh muscle cover. As articulated as Adv. TT. What might be new are the ankles.
2. Clothing: Double layered spandex material, inner spandex is black. Single piece, with only the break at the wrists. Clothing offers no resistance very stretchable. Amazing tailoring and webbing. Great attention to detail on the printing of scale patterns on the spandex, it's not a single pattern being repeated, but pattern that actually follows the contures of the body. Must be some unique process, I'd say webbing and scale pattern is printed before sewing

Conclusion: Nothing new on the body, great tailoring. Wrap an Adv. TT in spandex (greatly tailored/made one) and you'll have a Spiderman.
:clap Short & sweet. Detailed with info I didn't know. Thanks :D

You can pop spidey's eyes out to re-adjust the webbing and insert back.
Did anybody mention this earlier? This is cool, & lessens the worry of getting a crooked eyed Spidey :D

Very concise evaluation dude! :clap

Good idea for the Goblin figure: Buy the Harry headsculpt, buy a suit and a body:

Harry Osborn figure.

Harry Osborn was terrific in part two, and, honestly maybe even better in three.

Just his suit sucked. Normal Harry is terrific.

Back