Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I dont wanna step on any ones toes here, cuz this is only my opinion, but one of the reasons I dislike this new spidey is Garfield. He may be a great actor (dont know, never seen any of his films) but I dont think he's Peter Parker. Am I really supposed to believe that this guy's geeky, awkward Peter that can't find a date to save his life? I think he's way too much of a pretty boy, and I think he's to thin even for Spidey standards, hell he looks more anorexic than Paris Hilton. I know people had their issues with Maguire, but at least he felt like the underdog, whereas Garfield just looks like a male model in a bad spider-man costume.

I dont wanna step on any ones toes here, cuz this is only my opinion, but one of the reasons I dislike this new spidey is Garfield. He may be a great actor (dont know, never seen any of his films) but I dont think he's Peter Parker. Am I really supposed to believe that this guy's geeky, awkward Peter that can't find a date to save his life? I think he's way too much of a pretty boy, and I think he's to thin even for Spidey standards, hell he looks more anorexic than Paris Hilton. I know people had their issues with Maguire, but at least he felt like the underdog, whereas Garfield just looks like a male model in a bad spider-man costume.

AG is a great actor but an admittedly weird choice in playing Peter Parker. He does look a little too good looking and confident and not really the Peter Parker I grew up with.

I guess it's really just hollywood to have a pretty couple for the starring roles these days. I can actually tell that they are really going for a more mainstream and wider appeals with their choice of actors.

Maguire might not be everyone's favourite Spidey but he was a brave choice. Kristen Durnst on the other hand....

Just received Spiderman two days ago from an Ebay seller in Hong Kong. The figure is very flexible (head and body) and the suit has a very nice texture feeling. It's thicker than the Bruce Lee DX blue jumpsuit but you should be careful with displaying Spidey in various poses.

Another great addition to the HT Marvel line and I can't wait for the Thor figure to arrive next week.

Just received Spiderman two days ago from an Ebay seller in Hong Kong. The figure is very flexible (head and body) and the suit has a very nice texture feeling. It's thicker than the Bruce Lee DX blue jumpsuit but you should be careful with displaying Spidey in various poses.

Another great addition to the HT Marvel line and I can't wait for the Thor figure to arrive next week.

We in this forum like pics...........Snap a couple and post please :wink1:

I love the bold conclusions being arrived at about AG being a bad Parker without even so much as a teaser trailer.

Yeah me too. Makes me laugh and cringe at the same time. Ironically, movies that are ultimately qualified as a "mess" by "the fans" usually end up as a "mess" because the decision-makers chose to listen to "the fans".

Have any of you guys seen "Never Let me Go"? Garfield is perfect for parker. A little strange and geeky. Great great young actor. As much as I love Raimi I always felt shortchanged by his Spidey pics. They never took themselves serious enough for my liking. Too theatrical IMO. I just want to see a "real" version of Spiderman. Here's hoping..

New pics from my Spidy :)

IMG_0138.jpg

IMG_0136.jpg

Pure gay :dunno

I mean his physique and appearance didn't contribute to the perception of the Spidey image.
From a distance, in the right perspective and with right light it can look good.
But the reality is harsh and ruthless, we all have seen that.

Can't agree.:dunno But to each his own.

Looks like he is trying to be Twilight Edward.

Never seen Twilight, tell me more about it.

:)

Marvel needs to knock it the hell off with having their heroes constantly having their masks off. It doesn't "humanize" them, it just annoys the ____ out of me.

Yup, one more movie were Wolverine is in jeans and maskless I'm going to :yuck

Wolverine is more than just blades.

If the special effects people can figure out how to make a Spidey suit from a damn basketball then they can figure out how to make Wolverine his traditional costume.

Use a damn beach ball :lol

Last edited:

If the special effects people can figure out how to make a Spidey suit from a damn basketball then they can figure out how to make Wolverine his traditional costume.

Wolverine desperately needs a reboot of his own, with a costume for once:mad:

I have a hard time picturing the comic version translating well into real life. I like Hugh and I like the jeans........

Back