Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Anyone know if Spidey can fit in a detolf while standing on the block stand?

Sent using two cans and some string.

Someone had posted earlier that he can fit only while sitting or crouched. What I don't know is if you use only half of the base if it might work.

Are you sure, because the instructions say do not detach the boots with " Excessive force" otherwise the suit will get messed up, that's what got me thinking, don't you think. :dunno

I don't like the translation, they should of just said, do not detach boots or boots do not detach from the body

Yeah. It leaves too much for interpretation I guess. From looking at pics, I wouldn't try to remove them since they look stitched. I remember the pic with the stitching coming undone that worried a few people. The instructions may refer to when the boots were plastic:dunno

Yeah. It leaves too much for interpretation I guess. From looking at pics, I wouldn't try to remove them since they look stitched. I remember the pic with the stitching coming undone that worried a few people. The instructions may refer to when the boots were plastic:dunno

Well, I like taking risks, and I already tried different ways too get them off, I was lucky no damage, which made me appreciate their stiching job on the piece even more, so I'm going to leave at that. :thud:

Really digging these as ideas for using the base.

5897400425_d1f88431d8_b.jpg

5897967424_9a066b8ea1_b.jpg
This turned out really, really well.

Here you go:

Scan.jpg

... With the scan of the instructions that was kindly posted by deadly_striker, I have confirmation of what I already thought reading here, but so far without certainty, ie that the boots can be removed.

Would someone there already risky? This kind of info would be valuable for when an ankle joint should be changed or if the suit is raised above the boot, everyone will appreciate what to do or not do, right? :dunno

If you can take the boots off, I'll be shocked :horror I tried on mine, and from what I can tell, they're pretty well stiched or sewn to the outfit, I tried many ways, but had the same result, I can't understand why the instructions can say that they can. Unless, I'm doing something wrong, I don't think they can :panic:

Baloo misinterpreted the instruction. The instructions say "Do Not" detach the boots with a BIG X in the left corner. The boots are not meant to be removed.

Read again, it says do not detach boots with excessive force.

Are you sure, because the instructions say do not detach the boots with " Excessive force" otherwise the suit will get messed up, that's what got me thinking, don't you think. :dunno

I don't like the translation, they should of just said, do not detach boots or boots do not detach from the body

Looks to me like they put together those instructions back when Spidey was to have the plastic boots. I think it's pretty safe to say that the fabric boot are NOT removable. They just did not amend the instructions after making that change from the prototype. :lecture

:exactly: That's exactly what I also think...

Really digging these as ideas for using the base.

5897400425_d1f88431d8_b.jpg

5897967424_9a066b8ea1_b.jpg

This turned out really, really well.
Yep, completely agree! They are part also of my favorite poses. :rock:rock:rock

Looks to me like they put together those instructions back when Spidey was to have the plastic boots. I think it's pretty safe to say that the fabric boot are NOT removable. They just did not amend the instructions after making that change from the prototype. :lecture

Yeah, that's just like HT to do that...and then many owners will try to take off the new unremovable boots, destroy their fig, and blame HT for it. And this time they will be right.

^ LOVE THAT SHOT TOO!!! Does anybody know how fragile the web is?? I'm afraid to break it

It's rubbery so it bends apose to snaps. You can coil the largest one round in a circle however I'm sure it will snap if you force it.

Wow! Those are beautiful shots by elljay-hobby. That base is the perfect accessory for Spidey. I can't wait to get this!!

I've been wanting a decent Spidey as long as I've been wanting a decent Reeve Supes and Keaton Bats but if I had to drop one from the want list it definitely wouldn't be this Spidey. :rock

Back