Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Kapow toys are good and postage is free on anything over £50 and £125 is the cheapest ive seen for the UK next to OSB:

https://www.kapow-toys.com/index.php?cPath=248&osCsid=f33hjdjohet54aduqnl2ti9ns0

I always buy through Onesixthbruce as the laywaway option is great as well as customer service and their packaging, but he's sold out for spidey:

https://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/hot-toys-2-c.asp

cheers man

i was looking at sideshow and they have the PO at $150 which is roughly £93, not sure what shipping is like. anyone have experience buying from sideshow in the UK?

cheers man

i was looking at sideshow and they have the PO at $150 which is roughly £93, not sure what shipping is like. anyone have experience buying from sideshow in the UK?

By the time you pay 20% extra UK tax and shipping etc it will more than likely be about £125+ or so i reckon. Plus you'll have to wait longer to get it and im not sure about custom charges but i think its included in the postage fee.

https://www.sideshowtoy.com/helpdesk/?p=95

Sideshow delivery charges do not include customs charges - you will be billed for these separately. I bought Thor from there recently and got stung by FedEx for £35 customs fees, the bill for which arrived about a week after Thor did. So ultimately, Sideshow is a good place to get stuff from but it ends up being quite pricey. Good service, though.

Kapow toys are good and postage is free on anything over £50 and £125 is the cheapest ive seen for the UK next to OSB:

https://www.kapow-toys.com/index.php?cPath=248&osCsid=f33hjdjohet54aduqnl2ti9ns0

I always buy through Onesixthbruce as the laywaway option is great as well as customer service and their packaging, but he's sold out for spidey:

https://www.onesixthbruce.co.uk/hot-toys-2-c.asp

Upon seeing your link to Kapow Toys I went and bought Spidey from them.

A good £15 less than the cheapest eBay option. Thanks very much for that tip!

Am I the only one who is kinda shocked to hear about how many people disliked the spidey movies in this thread? I was always under the impression that they were pretty well received by fans :huh

I think there were great scenes but the directing and casting Toby and Kirstin were major mistakes in my opinion. If you ask why most people didn't like the movies it was mainly because of Toby Maguire. He talks slow and just doesnt seem like the Peter Parker in the comics who was always witty and very intelligent. They didnt focus much on his intelligence in the films at all. That and some other quirky things that seemed kind of lame. Like when Toby Maguire was acting cool and badass. That was probably the lamest scene in any super hero movie to date.
For majority of population who doesnt really know much about superheroes it was well-received making it successful. There some really cool parts too I loved how they made him swinging and his movements were awesome!

I actually like the whole series, even number 3. Anytime I get to see a comic book hero in a movie that doesnt completely suck and is at least well made, I'm happy. Spidey 1-3 looked great even if the story was lacking...

Part 3 was a mess. They could have made it cool with the black suit, like an addiction, really hard to give up. They could have pushed it a little darker. They DID NOT have to do that stupid dance scene, or that corny hair cut routine. That right there is enough to hate the movie. Add to the fact that Raimi was forced to shoe horn in Venom, who should have had his own movie, Sandman who was portrayed by an academy award winning actor who barely had any lines and goblin and there is just too much going on with not enough time for any development. Three should have been about the black suit, Harry, And set up venom for pt 4. I believe if Raimi had his way, without Avi Arad pushing to put all this in we could have had a better moveie. Look at part 2, it was amazing, better than the first then too many cooks in the kitchen spoiled the third. I'm just glad that there was no major tweaks to the suit that made it 3 specific, and even a black suit is close to the comic so I can justify getting it otherwise anything from three is an easy pass.

I love classic villains. I would seriously consider a Sandman from this. With the HT treatment it could be REALLY cool.

:)

Part 3 was a mess. They could have made it cool with the black suit, like an addiction, really hard to give up. They could have pushed it a little darker. They DID NOT have to do that stupid dance scene, or that corny hair cut routine. That right there is enough to hate the movie. Add to the fact that Raimi was forced to shoe horn in Venom, who should have had his own movie, Sandman who was portrayed by an academy award winning actor who barely had any lines and goblin and there is just too much going on with not enough time for any development. Three should have been about the black suit, Harry, And set up venom for pt 4. I believe if Raimi had his way, without Avi Arad pushing to put all this in we could have had a better moveie. Look at part 2, it was amazing, better than the first then too many cooks in the kitchen spoiled the third. I'm just glad that there was no major tweaks to the suit that made it 3 specific, and even a black suit is close to the comic so I can justify getting it otherwise anything from three is an easy pass.

Sideshow delivery charges do not include customs charges - you will be billed for these separately. I bought Thor from there recently and got stung by FedEx for £35 customs fees, the bill for which arrived about a week after Thor did. So ultimately, Sideshow is a good place to get stuff from but it ends up being quite pricey. Good service, though.

Really ouch, ive never brought from Sideshow's site as it just seems pointless plus their slow and normally get everything much later compared to the EU, normally anyway.

Upon seeing your link to Kapow Toys I went and bought Spidey from them.

A good £15 less than the cheapest eBay option. Thanks very much for that tip!

Nps m8 :yess:

I love classic villains. I would seriously consider a Sandman from this. With the HT treatment it could be REALLY cool.

:)

For me I wouldnt be able to justify a Pt.3 sandman purchase since I didn't like the movie, and the sad part is it's a great character that was not used properly.

Too many villains is was what ruined this movie IMO. Sandman would have been enough...and maybe Harry (with a better costume)...but Venom was rushed a done really bad.

Geez, how hard would it be to make your own Sandman anyways.

Take a True Type, dip it into glue and throw a ton of sand on it.

Done, instant Sandman for your collection.

I think Spiderman 3 could have held its own with the Symbiote, and possibly the Goblin. Great story in my opinion, and no need for Sandman or Venom. It would have been cool if the last shot of the movie was Brock in the Church as the symbiote starts to take him over.

Back