Hot Toys - MMS143 - Spider-Man 3 official specs and pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If I had this figure I would display spidey like this:

110701021912154b067f4f1fff.jpg

If you try an extreme pose for a long time the suit will stretch and deform for sure.. so, it's safe a more relaxed pose ..The more relaxed the better :lecture

Edit: I had a bad and "stretching" experience with my 1/6 SS Kroenen displayed in a cross-arms pose for a long time, therefore I know what I'm talking about...:(

If the other figures, monitor, and toys weren't in that picture it could pass as a movie still. :clap

In less than 6 months the suit will be stretched and deformed dude :lecture

I don't believe so. I had the medicom comic and movies versions in said poses and they were fine. Unless HT's are inferior which i doubt...They will be fine.

/mental gymnastics

I don't believe so. I had the medicom comic and movies versions in said poses and they were fine. Unless HT's are inferior which i doubt...They will be fine.

/mental gymnastics

Ok. is your responsibility ...and your money, so try If you want :rotfl

/mental gymnastics

I think the issue is that HT's webbing's is a piece that's attached to the fabric, I have both medicoms the webbing is more or less painted on, but I agree with you, if ht didn't think they can achieve a posable piece they wouldn't have tried a spidey with a tt body, only time will tell :dunno

I'll know for sure when I have it in my hands, I really want to feel the webbing around the neck, then I can tell for sure.

Are people just ordering from HK just to have it in hand sooner, or is there something else?

In less than 6 months the suit will be stretched and deformed dude :lecture

So given that you give us such advice you already have this figure and know what materials are used for its suit?! :dunno
Oh yeah a nuclear war could start tomorrow - you'd better hide in a bomb shelter and don't get out :panic:

Are people just ordering from HK just to have it in hand sooner, or is there something else?

Yep that's the point.

Well, it makes sense to me that if you stretch material too far for too long it could have long term effects. I wouldn't push that too far with any figure I own.

So given that you give us such advice you already have this figure and know what materials are used for its suit?! :dunno

Oh yeah, a nuclear war could start tomorrow - you'd better hide in a bomb shelter and don't get out :panic:

Better to err on the side of caution...

If I had this figure I would display spidey like this:

110701021912154b067f4f1fff.jpg

If you try an extreme pose for a long time the suit will stretch and deform for sure.. so, it's safe a more relaxed pose ..The more relaxed the better :lecture

Edit: I had a bad and "stretching" experience with my 1/6 SS Kroenen displayed in a cross-arms pose for a long time, therefore I know what I'm talking about...:(

Yeah, I like that too... Very neutral but at the same time very life like. he looks like he's half a step away from leaping for the ledge there.

I think the issue is that HT's webbing's is a piece that's attached to the fabric, I have both medicoms the webbing is more or less painted on, but I agree with you, if ht didn't think they can achieve a posable piece they wouldn't have tried a spidey with a tt body, only time will tell :dunno

I'll know for sure when I have it in my hands, I really want to feel the webbing around the neck, then I can tell for sure.

I think that this HT spidey could achieve the same poses as the medicom's spideys.. but at the same time I "feel" that this HT spidey is more delicate..

If HTchose a TT as body ( and 95% of HT figures has a TT inside) It does'nt mean that you can playing arround with him like a toy..It's still a collectible, and the webbing pattern looks fragile to me and could deteriorate over time...I guess :dunno

Edit Otherwise .. we have'nt seen the instruction sheet yet, and dunno if could say something about the webbing or possible poseeability (restrictions) cautions :/

Last edited:
I think that this HT spidey could achieve the same poses as the medicom's spideys.. but at the same time I "feel" that this HT spidey is more delicate..

If HTchose a TT as body ( and 95% of HT figures has a TT inside) It does'nt mean that you can playing arround with him like a toy..It's still a collectible, and the webbing pattern looks fragile to me and could deteriorate over time...I guess :dunno

You don't know jack! And neither do i. All we can do is speculate. Until this figure is in hand, we won't know for sure. But i have an inkling that HT did a better job the Medicom, and that wasn't half bad!

Delicate? Medicom's comic Spidey was THE KING of delicate high priced 1/6th figures.... The red plastic they used was incredibly brittle. I'm sure HT Spidey will be miles better in that regard.

Delicate? Medicom's comic Spidey was THE KING of delicate high priced 1/6th figures.... The red plastic they used was incredibly brittle. I'm sure HT Spidey will be miles better in that regard.

He's not talking about the base body.

I meant the suit and webbing pattern bro!! :slap All we know that the medicom body is a real crap in terms of durability and quality compared to the HT TT

(My Medicom wolverine left shoulder was broken shortly :monkey1)

My worry from the start would be that the material would sag.

Saying that I've had Blade in a 'arms up in the air pose' with his sword above his head and the skin tight suit under that figure is still perfect. It'd be fine for limited posing. Web shooting, wall crawling but trying to get him in an acrobatic in the air pose may put too much stress on the fabric. This one which will photograph great but try to leave him on the shelf for any period and you better pick an extreme pose and stick to it.

Back