Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Even if it was broke, the most you ask for is like 5 pound off for that.

£5 off would still be £5 off though at the end of the day. :wink1: I wouldn't normally consider myself a 'cheap' person, but if I was looking to spend more than I had to, I'd have won one of the eBay auctions last week.

Considering the age and the unpackaged/repackaged nature of the figure, I still think £190 shipped is a little high (that's $320 and I've seen people on here just a couple of months back saying that they'd say $300 was the upper end of fair), but what ya gonna do? Best price I've found so far!

Seems all the US board members who are struggling to sell Hot Toys for $190 should move over here, where they'd get the same number in £s no problem. It's definitely a seller's market on this side of the pond.

The Scotsman is strong with this one :wink1: :rotfl

Ha! Funnily enough I'm actually only half Scottish (born and raised in England, but with a Scottish dad) and have only been living up here a few years. Must be rubbing off ;)

Haha, nah, really I have no idea where that pre-conception comes from. I suppose some of the Scots I know may be reluctant to spend big on luxury items if they can get something cheaper, but in terms of everyday life I'd say Scots are among the most generous people I know - always willing to buy you a drink and never making a fuss if the night comes to an end before you find the chance to get them one in return. Plus my girlfriend is probably the most overly generous tipper I know. Might just be because she's not too great at maths and gets herself in a panic, though! :lol

Right, ok, just got some more pics through from my potential seller and am wondering what people think. The price that has been mentioned is £190 shipped - that's $320. Again, I'm not trying to be a cheap ass and insist on a lower price, just genuinely curious how other people would value it and whether I should be trying to haggle, or if it still seems reasonable. This is my first figure on the second hand market that wasn't from eBay and sold fully re-packaged for £150 (Aldo Raine and First Avenger Cap were easy buys in 2012), so I just don't wanna make an agreement and then find out I did something other more experienced collectors would deem foolish.

Ok, so here's the back of the jacket. Again, I definitely wouldn't have described this as mint necessarily. I can see at least two studs missing - though I understand that happens very often (anybody got any spares?). Also, without having owned one myself, I can't tell if that strap that holds the chain on looks alright or not, but if there were something wrong, I'm sure it'd be an easy fix.

T-800Jacket.jpg

Also here's the box, which seems to have a fair amount of bubbling along the bottom.

T-800Box.jpg

Again, I've noticed that this problem seems to happen a lot with this figure, but I'm just wondering whether people think this should be reflected in the price or not. The brown shipping box is not available.

Basically what I'd like to know is:
- If you were struggling to find this figure anywhere with UK shipping for under £200 (or even under £220), would £190 shipped for one in this condition seem fair or too high? Perhaps you're such a stickler that you wouldn't even buy this one at all and would keep on searching. That's a fine opinion to share, I'd just like to know what you think.

Thanks!

EDIT: there are also nail art studs sold very cheaply on eBay like in the link shown here which look pretty similar. The silver squares listed are 3mm x 3mm, so if somebody could measure a stud on their T-800 and see if it would be a good match then it'd be very much appreciated! Thanks.

The question is how badly to you want it? and how badly of they want to sell ? If you desire is weaker than their need. They will give you a discount of not they won't. I bought mine for about the same amount 190 quid. I don't fuss about boxes and mine is marked. The four was mint save a missing stud on the jacket.

If not just be patient. Someone else will sell but if course it could be more expensive not less.
If you really don't want to pay that much don't. It's only a hobby.

:)

Right, ok, just got some more pics through from my potential seller and am wondering what people think. The price that has been mentioned is £190 shipped - that's $320. Again, I'm not trying to be a cheap ass and insist on a lower price, just genuinely curious how other people would value it and whether I should be trying to haggle, or if it still seems reasonable. This is my first figure on the second hand market that wasn't from eBay and sold fully re-packaged for £150 (Aldo Raine and First Avenger Cap were easy buys in 2012), so I just don't wanna make an agreement and then find out I did something other more experienced collectors would deem foolish.

Ok, so here's the back of the jacket. Again, I definitely wouldn't have described this as mint necessarily. I can see at least two studs missing - though I understand that happens very often (anybody got any spares?). Also, without having owned one myself, I can't tell if that strap that holds the chain on looks alright or not, but if there were something wrong, I'm sure it'd be an easy fix.

View attachment 110207

Also here's the box, which seems to have a fair amount of bubbling along the bottom.

View attachment 110206

Again, I've noticed that this problem seems to happen a lot with this figure, but I'm just wondering whether people think this should be reflected in the price or not. The brown shipping box is not available.

Basically what I'd like to know is:
- If you were struggling to find this figure anywhere with UK shipping for under £200 (or even under £220), would £190 shipped for one in this condition seem fair or too high? Perhaps you're such a stickler that you wouldn't even buy this one at all and would keep on searching. That's a fine opinion to share, I'd just like to know what you think.

Thanks!

EDIT: there are also nail art studs sold very cheaply on eBay like in the link shown here which look pretty similar. The silver squares listed are 3mm x 3mm, so if somebody could measure a stud on their T-800 and see if it would be a good match then it'd be very much appreciated! Thanks.

That's real bad quality on the box imo, where has he been keeping it, in a puddle? It is very easy to lose the studs on the M65 jacket but again something like that would just drive me nuts, I'm a bit of a perfectionist when it comes to my figure collecting, it would suggest that the figure has been handled a fair bit.
I would drop the Ebay seller a mail and say that because of the box condition, I would like at least a 10% discount.

If he says no, then screw it, don't go for this one.

If your spending a lot of money then you want a good one. :exactly:

Posted this in the 1/4 endo thread figured I'd post it elsewhere too
Got this new tattoo on my leg calf on Tuesday, £150 for a 4 hour sitting
nyqada3y.jpg
sydetesy.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The Sun was going down last night and it was hitting my nearly closed over blinds perfectly (my T1 figure is displayed on a shelf) and I just had to get these snaps of him, sort of in his crappy Hotel look -

JpNIxxzl.jpg

PaB3YFGl.jpg

GgsCeSNl.jpg

23UiJ4gl.jpg

MYn4DFMl.jpg

JZC9VIfl.jpg

and one BD picture -

Txy2HIIl.jpg

I'd still like to find this figure but don't really want to shell out major money for. It's not really my favorite look overall but I'd like to have the various looks of the T-800's from the first two films.

Back