Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So I initially (about a year ago) did a lot of burning and tearing to my second T1 T-800 (BD version) jacket and that was it but recently I really wanted to do some weathering to his pants and boots and also do some little 'magic' to his face.

Today I weathered his pants and boots (I also used a sharp blade to carve up the boots at the tips of his boots) and I also gave his face a very light black wash (smoke effect look) and then I used some gloss varnish to get the sweaty effect. I really wanted to get that look when he is stalking Sarah and Reese in the car park (he looks a bit sweaty there I feel).

PS - My brother stupidly said to me when I showed him that 'Machines don't sweat' to which I replied 'You better watch the movie again' but to be fair he has only seen the Terminator once and he can't really remember it.

Some pics -

Close up of the pants and boots -

1Zqjkoel.jpg

tvGLH44l.jpg

He is now complete -

2hZKqtsl.jpg

F9jh2vHl.jpg

XRbwKdGl.jpg

Some close ups of the 'sweaty' look I wanted -

CwRaupsl.jpg

TxTae9vl.jpg

JLxIRptl.jpg

nZGg26yl.jpg

wA9rPO2l.jpg

Top shots Sids :clap
Reminds of the scene when the Terminator is in his apartment getting ready to hand out a major ass whoopin to the LA cops.

Had a bit of an Arnie overload moment, lol that don't sound right at all. :lol

DSCF2515_zps59435ac2.jpg

DSCF2517_zpscb756d4f.jpg

Excellent job Sidious. One day I have to do this myself. Mine are still completely stock.

Top shots Sids :clap
Reminds of the scene when the Terminator is in his apartment getting ready to hand out a major ass whoopin to the LA cops.

Had a bit of an Arnie overload moment, lol that don't sound right at all. :lol

DSCF2515_zps59435ac2.jpg

DSCF2517_zpscb756d4f.jpg

Thanks guys, much appreciated.

And a-dev you will love doing these mods, so easy and they really work on bringing out the BD T1 T-800 I feel.

Also nice pics as usual shells. Arnold overload indeed. :yess:

Shells I love your Ben Richards. Did want to get him but in all he would have cost me over £200 to do him right.

Thanks. Yeah I had a spare HT Muscle body lying about, so I only needed the head and clothing set.
I'm sure that body is based on 80's era Arnies physique. Massive tree trunk legs, huge chest. Maybe ACI or Kaustic Plastik do a good heavy set body, but I think the HT body is best for an Arnold bash.

I'd still like to find this figure but don't really want to shell out major money for. It's not really my favorite look overall but I'd like to have the various looks of the T-800's from the first two films.

I am in the same exact boat. I would love to have this to go along with the BD one coming out this fall. Just don't want to pay what people are asking for him.

So when I thought that I was done weathering my BD T1 T-800 I went back to him over the weekend and I added just a little bit more black wash and gloss varnish to him just to get him looking that little bit more smoky/shiny looking but my main thing was that prior to my initial weathering I had forgot to do his neck which is now fixed.

Anyways here he is now fully finished -

YDPwFpEl.jpg

DhxOCjal.jpg

rYYv0jWl.jpg

gAGvdp9l.jpg

8nY47tbl.jpg

8zxEwXpl.jpg

pTGDt28l.jpg

mpXSLMYl.jpg

i love what you did with his face. but what was it exactly?

P. it was your work that you did on yours that inspired me to weather mine way back when (I have told you this before) and I have just been doing more to him over these last few weeks.

Basically I just used really watered sown Black acrylic paint and paint brushed it over his face and neck. Once that dried in I then used some Gloss Varnish and again using a paintbrush I painted over his head and neck and this gives him the shiny/sweaty look.

To be honest the lot that I gave him over the weekend (more black wash and Gloss Varnish) I may have went a tad bit too far but hey it still looks great I feel.

Back