Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ahhh, man!

I had quite the battle on eBay last night regarding this guy (possibly involving some people on here, who knows!). There happened to be two auctions finishing within an hour of each other and I was bidding in the dying seconds of both - the first I gave up on as I felt it went too high, whilst with the second I started to think "I reeeally want it", so actually bid higher, but got outbid in the last couple of seconds. Each of them went for well above the suggested values people gave on page 1157 - 1159 of this thread (with shipping we're talking £210, so that's like $354).

In the end I noticed one on sale "Buy It Now" for £219 and thought "screw it, it's just £9 more and it's definitely cheaper than the jokers trying to sell it for £250+" (of which there are several). I was kind of in a frenzy by this point, just really wanting the figure. Then this morning it sadly turned out that the seller had lost the box and the accessories inside, possibly whilst moving house. ARGH! To their credit, they messaged me and gave me a full refund within hours and have said that if they find the stuff they'll be directly in touch with a cheaper price, but man, talk about a frustrating time!

I'm looking on it as a positive though. Having seen the prices people suggested on here, I think I was gonna end up paying a little more than I really should AND I noticed that Rock83 still seems to have a thread selling his from over in Norway - never fully unboxed and with a price that works out around £150. That's a hell of a potential saving on what my excitable ass was willing to pay, so fingers crossed, eh? I guess everyone that checks this thread regularly really must have one (or 6), otherwise I have a feeling that bad boy would have been snapped up weeks ago!

Ahhh, man!

I had quite the battle on eBay last night regarding this guy (possibly involving some people on here, who knows!). There happened to be two auctions finishing within an hour of each other and I was bidding in the dying seconds of both - the first I gave up on as I felt it went too high, whilst with the second I started to think "I reeeally want it", so actually bid higher, but got outbid in the last couple of seconds. Each of them went for well above the suggested values people gave on page 1157 - 1159 of this thread (with shipping we're talking £210, so that's like $354).

In the end I noticed one on sale "Buy It Now" for £219 and thought "screw it, it's just £9 more and it's definitely cheaper than the jokers trying to sell it for £250+" (of which there are several). I was kind of in a frenzy by this point, just really wanting the figure. Then this morning it sadly turned out that the seller had lost the box and the accessories inside, possibly whilst moving house. ARGH! To their credit, they messaged me and gave me a full refund within hours and have said that if they find the stuff they'll be directly in touch with a cheaper price, but man, talk about a frustrating time!

I'm looking on it as a positive though. Having seen the prices people suggested on here, I think I was gonna end up paying a little more than I really should AND I noticed that Rock83 still seems to have a thread selling his from over in Norway - never fully unboxed and with a price that works out around £150. That's a hell of a potential saving on what my excitable ass was willing to pay, so fingers crossed, eh? I guess everyone that checks this thread regularly really must have one (or 6), otherwise I have a feeling that bad boy would have been snapped up weeks ago!

I sold mine complete and never displayed for $190usd which took a couple months to sell, so I'm surprised that people are paying that much when most of all my hot toys were underpriced compared to market prices

I sold mine complete and never displayed for $190usd which took a couple months to sell, so I'm surprised that people are paying that much when most of all my hot toys were underpriced compared to market prices

Yeah, it was a moment of passionate madness. I think that I, and many other people by the looks of it, tend to assume that eBay - though often overpriced - is the easiest way to find rare and sold out things. With regards to figures, as a member of these forums, I should have known better! As I say, kind of glad it fell through now.

Thing is, I'd never really checked the sale threads; I think I just kind of assumed that with a forum full of such passionate collectors, many often with multiples of the same figure, that anything reasonably priced would be gone really fast and that there was no point trawling through. I'll never make that mistake again! I hope Rock83 gets in touch with some good news soon :pray: :)

EDIT: Turns out Rock's already went on eBay too. :( *sniff* One day. One day he will be mine.

Yeah, it was a moment of passionate madness. I think that I, and many other people by the looks of it, tend to assume that eBay - though often overpriced - is the easiest way to find rare and sold out things. With regards to figures, as a member of these forums, I should have known better! As I say, kind of glad it fell through now.

Thing is, I'd never really checked the sale threads; I think I just kind of assumed that with a forum full of such passionate collectors, many often with multiples of the same figure, that anything reasonably priced would be gone really fast and that there was no point trawling through. I'll never make that mistake again! I hope Rock83 gets in touch with some good news soon :pray: :)

EDIT: Turns out Rock's already went on eBay too. :( *sniff* One day. One day he will be mine.

Still can't sell my mms33 endoskeleton and I thought it would have been the first to go

I've put up a 'wanted' thread here and on a couple of Facebook groups, so we'll see if I can get a fair deal. If your post about selling yours above is something to go by, then it would seem that (amongst good natured fellow collectors anyway) I'm being pretty generous with my price offer, so hopefully I'll get a response eventually.

Here's a crappy little vid I made a few years back. It was an early attempt at stop motion... I had fun.:huh

Haha, nice. As much as I tend to keep them as stationary display pieces, it's nice to see somebody having fun with these figures every now and again. After all, we are essentially grown adults who like to collect dolls :wink1:

Shame you couldn't get a bit of video in there for the Sarah bit. I really love the editing of that scene when it goes into slow motion and the music fades as she leans down and he passes by the background. And then she sits back up and glances Reese, who she's still convinced is after her. It's just exemplary tension building - even if it is a slight distraction that the same handful of 80s thread wearing extras keep appearing in different places every other shot :lol The perils of filming a low budget film in a decade with such distinctive clothes!

Still can't sell my mms33 endoskeleton and I thought it would have been the first to go

Same with the Batman I have up. Batman stuff is usually gone quick no matter what it is. To my shock I recently managed to sell a Sideshow Sarah Connor that I've had up since I started selling here, couldn't believe it. I actually wasn't sure what the guy was talking about initially - ''Sarah Connor? I don't have a Sarah Connor for sale, I'd never sell one of my........ahhhhh! The Sideshow one!''

Same with the Batman I have up. Batman stuff is usually gone quick no matter what it is. To my shock I recently managed to sell a Sideshow Sarah Connor that I've had up since I started selling here, couldn't believe it. I actually wasn't sure what the guy was talking about initially - ''Sarah Connor? I don't have a Sarah Connor for sale, I'd never sell one of my........ahhhhh! The Sideshow one!''

Well I actually sold it yesterday I guess I jinxed it in a good way, so I guess it's just a waiting game for the right buyer

Well I actually sold it yesterday I guess I jinxed it in a good way, so I guess it's just a waiting game for the right buyer

Can somebody jinx me a nicely priced one of these T-800s perhaps? :wink1: :p Gutted I missed Rock83's $250 offer because everyone else in the UK/Europe seems to want at lest £220, let alone dollars.

I know the value always goes up, but when a new T1 Terminator is on its way out soon with a price tag around £160 and a whole lot more going on with it (up-to-date sculpting and clothing skills, battle damage, light up eye etc), it's a little galling to be facing paying substantially more for a figure that came out 3 years ago! :horror

I dunno, maybe I'm just dreaming... though I did see one on a Facebook page the other day that had also just gone for a similar rate to Rock's, so I can't be completely mad in thinking there's a way to pay less than £200 for this bad boy!

I was lucky enough to get mine for under £200 a couple of months ago on eBay, just a case of waiting which honestly I hate doing I always feel that I see one and the price is good/worth paying for and next thing you know another is listed for less, when I was buying mine there was at least three selling for around £150, I think if you just continue to search you'll eventually find deal worth going for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, there were two auctions on Sunday night that were both lingering below £150 and then, due to guys like me who watch auctions countdown and then bid in the last 3 minutes (back off other guys, that's my game!), they both ended up both finishing around £195 (with postage around £210), which is good, just not great. Gave up on one, got outbid on the other with a second to go :(

I'm watching my thread on here, postings in three Facebook groups and re-checking ebay very regularly!

How do you like the figure by the way? Was it worth your patience? :)

Oh and did it turn out not to be water damaged?!

Yeah, there were two auctions on Sunday night that were both lingering below £150 and then, due to guys like me who watch auctions countdown and then bid in the last 3 minutes (back off other guys, that's my game!), they both ended up both finishing around £195 (with postage around £210), which is good, just not great. Gave up on one, got outbid on the other with a second to go :(

I'm watching my thread on here, postings in three Facebook groups and re-checking ebay very regularly!

How do you like the figure by the way? Was it worth your patience? :)

Oh and did it turn out not to be water damaged?!

Ah I know that feeling, happens too often to myself.
The figure was well worth the wait for sure, I've even considered picking up a second to display differently from the first, yeah I was told by my seller the figure had got water damage and I was still persistent on getting it eventually I was told he had a friend with the figure who would let him give it to me, honestly story just seemed like complete BS to me but I got the figure in the end

Yeah its like I waited too long to get the Hot Toys Blade figure and ended up paying £250, that was a couple of years ago. If you want a Hot Toys Blade now your talking over £400. Keep checking Ebay for an Arnie to pop up, you sometimes get lucky with someone just wanting to get rid of the figure quick.

yeah I was told by my seller the figure had got water damage and I was still persistent on getting it eventually I was told he had a friend with the figure who would let him give it to me, honestly story just seemed like complete BS to me but I got the figure in the end

It's weird you say this, because the seller on the "Buy It Now" auction I won the other day before it fell through (probably a good thing, I paid too much in a moment of passion) had a very similar story. Said that he thought the box containing the accessories was in the loft, but that when he looked he now couldn't find it and that it might have got lost during a house move. Thing is, he did refund me pretty much immediately, so I don't think there can have been a scam, but your story reminded me that in the PayPal note that came with the refund he said something like "me and a friend are both selling our Hot Toys collections, so if you like I can pass him on your details".

Mysterious attic/basement accidents and a mystery friend. Seems familiar. Quite possibly just coincidence I guess since I seem to have got my money back and you definitely got a figure in the end, but it does all seem a bit strange. My user was called stormy_predator_blade if that means anything to anyone.

Keep checking Ebay for an Arnie to pop up, you sometimes get lucky with someone just wanting to get rid of the figure quick.

And yup, Shells - that's the dream! :)

Hi guys,

I've been put in touch with a potential seller for one of these via a Facebook group. Word was that he wanted £190 ($320) shipped for it and that it's mint re-boxed (not sure that strictly makes sense, but still), though without shipper. The seller himself hasn't actually quoted me that price yet, but this was the rumour.

Anyways, I asked for details on conditions/how it was kept and for some photos. The guy said he could respond quicker if he sent old photos from his phone to mine whilst he was at work.

My main question is: does the studded boot strap on these figures undo in any way, or is the strap on this guy just broken? I asked the seller "is that strap that runs under the boot ok, just undone in that photo? Or is it a bit broken-but-fixable?", to which he replied "it sometimes pops out? Could be glued, but I just put it back when it happens", which didn't clear things up too much. So is this an issue (albeit minor) with this particular figure and therefore something to avoid or ask to be reflected in the price, or is this quite a common thing that happens with these and not something I should be concerned about?

Pictures below:
T-800.jpg

T-800Boots.jpg

The boot strap can come undone in two sections I believe it is not glued well, it happened to me but I simply glued it back together and it's fine now

Back