Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Does it? I'm thinking about that line in T2 when John says "my mom and him were only together for one night" or indeed sarah's line at the end of T1 ''in the few hours we had together...''

Reese & T-800 come down on Thursday because the next day Sarah is at work then goes home to get ready for her date. Remember Ginger saying, "it's Friday night for chrissake!" when her date cancels. Then Reese finds Sarah at Technoir, the chase, the policeshoot out, all of that happens late Friday night early Saturday morning. When Reese & Sarah are under the bridge that's the reminder of early Saturday morning until they get to the hotel. Reese goes to buy the supplies for the bombs Saturday afternoon, Sat. night is when Reese & Sarah spend the night together. I assume the T-800 spoils the mood either very late Sat. night or early Sunday morning. Then the chase & factory happens early Sunday morning. When Sarah is being put in the ambulance it's Sunday morning.

I, too, never got the "phased plasma rifle" part either.

What's not to get?

It's a weapon from the future and the Terminator is from the future. He's naming the most efficient weapons and happens to name one that doesn't exist yet.

thats very likely too.
i just dont rule out the possibility of him paying for the room because that would be most efficient way to obtain the room, right?
of course this is just a movie though, so we will never know for sure.
although thinking about it, youre probably right.
the terminator just doesnt seem the type to pay for anything and he is always seen stealing and breaking into houses and cars etc.

No, I see where you are coming from. Any of the three scenarios are possible.

1.) Kills someone and takes their money (I bet atleast one of those punks had cash on them). Uses it to pay for the safe house and not attract attention.

2.) Kills the occupant of the room and uses it as a safe house.

3.) Just happens to go into the room via fire escape to use, as you guessed it, a safe house.

Reese & T-800 come down on Thursday because the next day Sarah is at work then goes home to get ready for her date. Remember Ginger saying, "it's Friday night for chrissake!" when her date cancels. Then Reese finds Sarah at Technoir, the chase, the policeshoot out, all of that happens late Friday night early Saturday morning. When Reese & Sarah are under the bridge that's the reminder of early Saturday morning until they get to the hotel. Reese goes to buy the supplies for the bombs Saturday afternoon, Sat. night is when Reese & Sarah spend the night together. I assume the T-800 spoils the mood either very late Sat. night or early Sunday morning. Then the chase & factory happens early Sunday morning. When Sarah is being put in the ambulance it's Sunday morning.

What day is it? The date?

Twelve . . . May . . . Thursday.

What year?

Wha . . .?

Yeah, Cameron was talking about the decision to go with Arnold in lieu of Henrikson or another actor that could more believably "blend in" with the environment, and said that ultimately, it is a movie. This isn't the real world. So, you can do things like this when it helps to make a better movie. Arnold is more intimidating and effective as a Terminator than a regular looking guy can be, and the movie benefits even though it doesn't make much sense from the perspective of trying to "infiltrate" society.

Yup, it was supposed to be Henriksen. I even saw concept art of a head that was half Lance's face and half endoskeleton face.

lancesterminator.jpg

Jeez well done! You're right. I suppose you can give Sarah a bit of leeway saying 'a few hours', she wasn't being literal, while Johns line...well what does he know? His mum probably didn't go into every detail down to exactly how much time she was with his dad.

Does it? I'm thinking about that line in T2 when John says "my mom and him were only together for one night" or indeed sarah's line at the end of T1 ''in the few hours we had together...''

That's in reference to their romantic time together. Up until the Tiki, they were mostly on the run, Sarah was a bit afraid of Kyle. Sarah's retelling refers to the special, loving time they were together, which was just the one night.

Nothing new here... it's been said on a hundred different forums. Nice to see people new to it all puzzle it all out, though. :monkey1

Oh, my bad! I enjoy it all, too. I'm just itching to get the figure, so it's nice reading all this stuff to get me in the mood. :yess:

I couldn't wait so I forked out an extra $50 to get it in time for Christmas. Splurge a little! You only live once! :yess:

Ahnuld needs to get ahn da shelf wid hiz endoaskeletun furendz frum Tuhminatuh Sulvashun. Den puhaps it would be nice foah Haht Toyz to make deh endoaskeletun from deh fuhst movih, wid actuol chrome bahdy painting. Aftuh all dis, dey could finish deh line off wid deh battul-demeged vushion of T2 Ahnie.

It literally took me five minutes to type that up. :lol

I'm almost certain that I heard James Cameron confirm in the commentary to the DVD that it was, in fact, the Terminator's dead flesh rotting that generated the smell. That's why there's a fly crawling around on his head as he's reading the book. He's dead by that point. "Yer dead, honey." Maybe that's also why he's noticably paler in the second half in the film? He's white as a sheet in the "get out" sceen.

Hey! That's another contradiction between T1 and T2 that I forgot about. "Will these heal up?" "Yes." "Good. If you can't pass for human you're not much good to us." I don't know, maybe they only heal up after you take the bullet out, and since he never took them out in T1 . . .

. . . but wait, that makes no sense. Real living tissue - which is what he is - heals OVER bullets. It happens all the time. There are people walking around with all kinds of things stuck inside them. So, the only explanation that works is that he took enough bullets to suffer catastrophic, life ending trauma to his flesh in T1, so it couldn't heal. And since he took even more in T2 . . . well . . .
the script belonged to several people, including the one (i forgot his name) who later make a book based on a script, including all the scenes that weren't made.
among others there is an explanation there: T-800 got his blood circuit damaged.
blood is a vessel for elements that keep flesh alive and healing.
as i don't know what Cameron himself thought, until now for me it's the best theory explaining rotting and pale color.

p.s. this might have already been mentioned here.

Back