Hot Toys - MMS136 - The Terminator: 1/6th scale T800 Collectible Figure (T1)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think it's interesting that people are more fixed on him using the medical tools and no one's throwing out the question, how is it he happens to have those laying around :lol At least in T2 they used whatever was handy in the garage but in T1 it's almost like Predator with a heal yourself kit.

He acquired all that stuff just like his guns.

There's this whole segment in the script about this bag he carried around and that's the room he rented. It's like a safe house I'm guessing (not sure why it would need it).

Last edited:
Actually, that's something else that bothers me a bit, the room he stays in, it seems like he's paid for it or whatever, but it seems to me like it'd be more fitting if he killed someone and at some point you see a body in a corner or something.

Doesn't change the awesomeness of the movie, just little curiousities.

I'm sure the Terminator got a hold of tons of cash (that person or persons is probably dead), just like Reese. It is an infiltrator after all.

He acquired all that stuff just like his guns.

There's this whole segment in the script about this bag he carried around and that's the room he rented. It's like a safe house I'm guessing (not sure why it would need it).

In case he was damaged and needed to repair himself.

In one of the original scripts he robbed a hardware store and the person who owned it; the terminator also stole what he had in his pockets and his leather jacket.

Actually, that's something else that bothers me a bit, the room he stays in, it seems like he's paid for it or whatever, but it seems to me like it'd be more fitting if he killed someone and at some point you see a body in a corner or something.

Doesn't change the awesomeness of the movie, just little curiousities.

I hate to add to this conversation. (I hate how the T1 fanboys nit pick T2 when there so many little things you could say pick out about the first. For the record I love both but t2 is still my fave) Having said that didn't The Terminator enter through a fire escape? He exited through the corridor but I seem to remember there being a fire escape in the background. The guy cleaning the rooms wouldn't have known who was in the room so it makes more sense than the Terminator paying for a room. I on second thought I could be wrong.

He could have killed the occupant of the room and left his body there rotting - perhaps that was the 'dead cat' smell the janitor or landlord, whatever he was, picked up from outside the door - where we've always assumed it was the T-800s own rotting fleshwounds. I just can't see the T-800 paying for the room.

My little T1 peeve is the T-800 asking for a phase plasma rifle in the gunshop. He wouldn't have been joking and yet he surely should know that they didn't exist in 1984.

He could have killed the occupant of the room and left his body there rotting - perhaps that was the 'dead cat' smell the janitor or landlord, whatever he was, picked up from outside the door - where we've always assumed it was the T-800s own rotting fleshwounds. I just can't see the T-800 paying for the room.

My little T1 peeve is the T-800 asking for a phase plasma rifle in the gunshop. He wouldn't have been joking and yet he surely should know that they didn't exist in 1984.

If you go by the terminator cannon, plasma technologies weren't developed by skynet, they were actually developed by the united states and russia a few years before judgement day in top-secret labs.

So for all the terminator (or skynet) knew, they were still around then.

I'm almost certain that I heard James Cameron confirm in the commentary to the DVD that it was, in fact, the Terminator's dead flesh rotting that generated the smell. That's why there's a fly crawling around on his head as he's reading the book. He's dead by that point. "Yer dead, honey." Maybe that's also why he's noticably paler in the second half in the film? He's white as a sheet in the "get out" sceen.

Hey! That's another contradiction between T1 and T2 that I forgot about. "Will these heal up?" "Yes." "Good. If you can't pass for human you're not much good to us." I don't know, maybe they only heal up after you take the bullet out, and since he never took them out in T1 . . .

. . . but wait, that makes no sense. Real living tissue - which is what he is - heals OVER bullets. It happens all the time. There are people walking around with all kinds of things stuck inside them. So, the only explanation that works is that he took enough bullets to suffer catastrophic, life ending trauma to his flesh in T1, so it couldn't heal. And since he took even more in T2 . . . well . . .

As to the "phase plasma rifle" line: this, like "I'll be back", was a very risky move by Cameron. The film is obviously stepping outside itself and laughing at itself a little. Logically, why would the Terminator tell the guy he's going to kill that he'll be back. Cameron said in the commentary that they were VERY nervous about including that line; they knew it could bomb, injecting humor into a film like this. When they showed it to a test audience and everyone laughed, they felt better about it. Imagine that, the most famous line in the movie and the most famous line in Arnold's career and one of the most famous lines in movie history almost never happened.

They went and did the same thing in T2 when they played "Bad to the Bone." Again, very risky. But it worked. Both times. I remember seeing T2 in the theaters and everyone laughing.

T3, with the glasses . . . tumbleweed.

I'm sure the Terminator got a hold of tons of cash (that person or persons is probably dead), just like Reese. It is an infiltrator after all.

It just doesn't seem fitting for a Terminator to spend cash, he wants something, he takes it, even kills for it.

talktothehand.png

It just doesn't seem fitting for a Terminator to spend cash, he wants something, he takes it, even kills for it.

talktothehand.png

maybe he doesnt want police going to that safe house of his...therefore he pays for it instead of killing people to get it.
makes sense to me.

I'm almost certain that I heard James Cameron confirm in the commentary to the DVD that it was, in fact, the Terminator's dead flesh rotting that generated the smell. That's why there's a fly crawling around on his head as he's reading the book. He's dead by that point. "Yer dead, honey." Maybe that's also why he's noticably paler in the second half in the film? He's white as a sheet in the "get out" sceen.

Hey! That's another contradiction between T1 and T2 that I forgot about. "Will these heal up?" "Yes." "Good. If you can't pass for human you're not much good to us." I don't know, maybe they only heal up after you take the bullet out, and since he never took them out in T1 . . .

. . . but wait, that makes no sense. Real living tissue - which is what he is - heals OVER bullets. It happens all the time. There are people walking around with all kinds of things stuck inside them. So, the only explanation that works is that he took enough bullets to suffer catastrophic, life ending trauma to his flesh in T1, so it couldn't heal. And since he took even more in T2 . . . well . . .

As to the "phase plasma rifle" line: this, like "I'll be back", was a very risky move by Cameron. The film is obviously stepping outside itself and laughing at itself a little. Logically, why would the Terminator tell the guy he's going to kill that he'll be back. Cameron said in the commentary that they were VERY nervous about including that line; they knew it could bomb, injecting humor into a film like this. When they showed it to a test audience and everyone laughed, they felt better about it. Imagine that, the most famous line in the movie and the most famous line in Arnold's career and one of the most famous lines in movie history almost never happened.

They went and did the same thing in T2 when they played "Bad to the Bone." Again, very risky. But it worked. Both times. I remember seeing T2 in the theaters and everyone laughing.

T3, with the glasses . . . tumbleweed.

The T2 T-800 was terminated shortly after receiving his major flesh wounds so they didn't get a chance to rot. Woulda been interesting if they kept him around. Eventually they'd have had an endoskeleton walking about.

As to the "I'll be back" in T1 - to be honest I wasn't aware that it was supposed to be funny. :dunno I never laughed at it. I must watch the commentary again.

Yeah, Cameron was talking about the decision to go with Arnold in lieu of Henrikson or another actor that could more believably "blend in" with the environment, and said that ultimately, it is a movie. This isn't the real world. So, you can do things like this when it helps to make a better movie. Arnold is more intimidating and effective as a Terminator than a regular looking guy can be, and the movie benefits even though it doesn't make much sense from the perspective of trying to "infiltrate" society.

talktothehand.png

Oh no you didn't.

2009-03-03-t-1000.jpg

I can see him spending cash. It doesn't want to attract attention and the WHOLE police force after him which is why he leaves the scene after the car chase/crash.

Makes sense to me. Maybe he just broke into the room through the fire escape? Who knows?

I, too, never got the "phased plasma rifle" part either. Regardless, it's one of the most repeated and fun phrases we use here around my office. Of course that and "I'll back back." "I'm going to lunch ... I'll be back."
I always assume that the rotting that happens to the T-800 is caused by the heavy amount of damage he suffers early on .. ie several shot guns blasts, getting blown up, and run over. Also, "The Terminator" occurs over 4 nights while T2 only happens over the course of 3 nights and on the final night is when the T-800 sustains the heaviest amount of damage ... ie SWAT team assault in the lobby, T-1000 fight in the stel mill so he never has the time to actually start decomposing.

Thats what I thought, he breaks in, kills whoevers there - 'no sound!' and the hairy-backed owner is none-the-wiser.

thats very likely too.
i just dont rule out the possibility of him paying for the room because that would be most efficient way to obtain the room, right?
of course this is just a movie though, so we will never know for sure.
although thinking about it, youre probably right.
the terminator just doesnt seem the type to pay for anything and he is always seen stealing and breaking into houses and cars etc.

Then why did he make a hell of a racket shooting the crap out of the Tech Noir and Police station. You couldn't have drawn more attention to yourself if you tried. Not very silent or stealthy. And that begs the question as to why you would choose someone that stands out as much as Arnie. The T-1000 makes way more sense as a stealthy hunter killer.

Back