Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Berserker disassembled..

Comments:
1. Ball jointed shoulders... easy to pop out.
2. Round Hip joints held on by one screw, access by poping out the knee joint from the thighs.
3. Single elbow/knee joint rather easy to pop out, Tightness of the joints is all on the forearms or/and lower legs legs part. Extremely difficult to break it unless you bend it the wrong way.... or you got a bad copy.
3. Torso exterior is a rather thin wrap around PVC on the internal frame, one side of the body is where the torso "cover" actually glued together.
4. Legs and arms is actually a combination of PVC and hard plastic (ABS).
5. 3 screws hold the pelvis together.
berserkerdiss.jpg

Has Berserker got a pair or what?!

got my berserker yesterday from csc. im really happy with the way it turned out and i hope they announce tracker and ship out falconer soon.

IMG_2923.jpg

IMG_2922.jpg

IMG_2921.jpg

IMG_2919.jpg

IMG_2912.jpg

IMG_2911.jpg

Pics???....
I glued it back down and it's a lot better now. I'm not going to take pics because from the time I made that post, to now i've only been messing with him and I have a migraine from worrying so much.. :lol I haven't heard of this happening to anyone else, so I don't think there is much to worry about. If I change his pose later i'll take some pics of the spot.

probably been said 300 posts ago and 300 times but I just got this guy today and feel he's a bit toyish looking somehow?

Maybe it' the exposed elbows and knee joints and the sloppy way the mandables connect with a big gap in the sculpt.

or the too small head or overall shineyness. I dunno Orig Pred really blows this guy out of the water

Define Non-toyish. Ori-Pred has exposed joints too.

Helmet is smooth. Maybe that's what's bothering you.

It's probably the paint job. It's so awesome, its toyish.

probably been said 300 posts ago and 300 times but I just got this guy today and feel he's a bit toyish looking somehow?

Maybe it' the exposed elbows and knee joints and the sloppy way the mandables connect with a big gap in the sculpt.

or the too small head or overall shineyness. I dunno Orig Pred really blows this guy out of the water

I disagree with you, respectfully. I think the Predator 1 figure was much more toy like. Mine doesn't have a large gap for the mandibles, the head is fine with me and the joints are way more hidden than they are on the other Predator figures made thus far. I personally think this is one of HT's best figures.

Do you really have the Berserker figure? Original Preds joints are way more obvious compared to Berserkers hidden joints. Plus, you mention berserker being too shiny? Have you seen Original Preds head? It's way more shiny then Berserkers head. No offense, but I think you got your argument backwards, except for the "small head" comment. You are right on that point. Peace:peace

No man I think the shiny head was deliberate on Orig pred. and it looked realistic to me for that reason, his body was not as shiny as the head and it added an overall realistic effect.

I really dissagree about the exposed joints being more noticeable. The advantage P1 had was that every joint with the exception or the right elbow had something to cover it up... knee armor, shoulder armor and the fishnet netting really helped blend the cracks in with the netting.

The mandables are really more noticeable on Beserker... I think a lot has to do with the fact they are a completely different color than his face where they connect. P1 was a more seemless blend in paint.

Man do I love taking pictures of this figure, he looks fantastic (I have more but am still in the editing process)!

E1_00107.jpg

E3_00043.png

I thought this last one looked kind of cool in a weird way:
E2_00000.png

No man I think the shiny head was deliberate on Orig pred. and it looked realistic to me for that reason, his body was not as shiny as the head and it added an overall realistic effect.

I really dissagree about the exposed joints being more noticeable. The advantage P1 had was that every joint with the exception or the right elbow had something to cover it up... knee armor, shoulder armor and the fishnet netting really helped blend the cracks in with the netting.

The mandables are really more noticeable on Beserker... I think a lot has to do with the fact they are a completely different color than his face where they connect. P1 was a more seemless blend in paint.

Not 100% sure because I do not have the Berserker, but from pictures I have gotten the same feeling...maybe will change once I get him...

I got Mr. Black today and I have to say when he has his mandibles in I can hardly tell they are different pieces. Although when I look at the front of the mouth area, I can deffinately see the creases (dunno a better word). As for the joints.. No idea what you're talking about.. Honstely, the only "toyish" thing I can see on my Mr. Black are his eyes, but i have his mask on anyway :lol.I have him here next to my P1 and Mr. Black looks far superior IMO.

Cuz his armor is black and his colors are incredibly dark? They tried to make him look more evil, hence Mr. Black. Nothing racist.

Oh, I thought it was another nod to Tarantino. Like the Wolf, he was named after the Wolf character in Pulp Fiction. No?

Back