Hot Toys - MMS130 - Predators: Berserker Predator (Full Spec & Pics)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
EVERYONE GET OVER THE COMPLAINING ABOUT THE BERSERKER..!!!!!!

ITS AMAZING AND THATS IT!!!..

ALL THESE BULLS*IT HALF TRY HARD PROFESSIONAL COMMENTS ON INACCURACIES...

SHUT UP !!!!!

ITS THE BEST HT PRED, DETAILED TO THE MAX AND AWESOME PAINTING. COMPLAINERS ARE JUST FOOLS !!!:monkey1

Newbs.......:lol:lol

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha

My favorite part was "IT'S AMAZING AND THAT'S IT!" Dunno, just the wording got my funny bone.

TBH the body is gorgeous. But that headsculpt and the dreads keep it from truly being amazing. A fully-accurate 1/6 Berserker figure... now that'd be amazing. At this point, it's great. Fantastic. But not amazing IMO.

TBH the body is gorgeous. But that headsculpt and the dreads keep it from truly being amazing. A fully-accurate 1/6 Berserker figure...
201863306.jpg

ask asian sculptor Joseph Tsang whether his Hot Toys Berserker head sculpt was a joke or not.

Well, the way I see it is that you are making a joke toward Asians, and being Asian myself I take offense to that. Say what you want about Tsang's work but leave Asians out of it. The last place I ever thought I would have to deal with racial bull shot is on here.

But still am I the only one who sees the picture to say that Asians have squinty eyes and thus it causes them to sculpt poorly? Use a picture of Tsang or some ____ man, not a person who looks to have an Asian ethnic background.

Well, the way I see it is that you are making a joke toward Asians, and being Asian myself I take offense to that.
and the way i see it all complaints about Hot Toys Berserker head are offenses against an asian sculptor.
as you've seen, i personally am happy enough with that head, and others are not.
give them a holy war!

p.s. speaking seriously, i live across the river to China and the whole district has a long story of friendship and mutual friendly jokes between two nations because we meet every day, so your guess is wrong.

Last edited:
and the way i see it all complaints about Hot Toys Berserker head are offenses against an asian sculptor.
as you've seen, i personally am happy enough with that head, and others are not.
give them a holy war!

But the difference there is that Tsang, according to others, is guilty of a crime thus justifying their actions. You are attacking Tsang and every other Asian, that is attacking innocent people. In a sense of war Tsang is the enemy while the rest of the Asians are innocent civilians. Many agree that it is morally wrong to involve civilians in an attack. So how about we stick to discussig a figure and not bashing a race here?

I have mixed feelings towards this figure. Inaccuracies aside, as a figure this has as many pros as well as cons compared to the older HT Preds.

The Pros:
- It's heavier than previous predators
- More thorough paint job on the body as a whole as well as the head
- Stiff joints especially for the knees ensures that it won't wilt over time under the heavier body
- Real metal blade instead of fragile plastic ones

The Cons:
- The lack of abdominal joints adds to the accuracy (To me it looks better than the older preds) but this new articulation set-up on the waist reminds me of cheap vinyl figures, the one that can be separated at the waist
- I don't know if this has only happened to me, but some parts on the armour still has somewhat wet paint. It's not that bad but "some" paint did managed to stick to my fingers and it does feel sticky. The paint application does looks nice and professional but it can feels a bit amateurish at places. Again, this might just be an isolated case
- The head has less articulation than older preds
- The screws for the battery don't fit that well on mine. It needs some fiddling to get it right
- The feet could do with a double articulation like on the HT IM figures. It could be done without being too visible and this will add more posing options
- They used cheap looking/feeling faux leather that is rather stiff and doesn't hangs that naturally
- The pouch on the back could have been open-able, like those on Sideshow's SW figures instead of just solid plastic
- This is being sold at the same price as the P1 but comes with less accessories. The P1 with the forest floor base easily uses up more plastic and manpower to produce compared to the Beserker

Some of those Cons might be because of licensing issues tho. I had this figure for about 2 days now and it's growing on me. I would say this is the most solid Predator figure from HT thus far but some of those issues does bug me

Best predator atm, i sold my other predators cause they pale in comparison, I couldn't stand how unproportionate the bodies were in P1 and the classic preds, those skinny legs urgh

- I don't know if this has only happened to me, but some parts on the armour still has somewhat wet paint. It's not that bad but "some" paint did managed to stick to my fingers and it does feel sticky. The paint application does looks nice and professional but it can feels a bit amateurish at places. Again, this might just be an isolated case

I had the same feeling about the wet paint on armour and body once I opened the box...but a few days later the paint seemed dry

I checked the paint apps on armour and look a fine and professional job :)

Thats pretty cool. Nice work.

How the hell did you do that? That is sick awesome!

That's really cool Darkness-Predator!

Thanks everyone.

I plan to rework it with even smaller wires / electronics.

The challenge is hiding everything (30 gauge wires, wire-wrap posts, a 3 VDC battery, LEDs, resistors, switch, etc.) inside the gauntlet. It would have been easier to have wires going to the back of the figure but that would not look right.

I won't bore you (I know I do) with all the crazy details, but I started with carefully cutting out the parts that needed to be translucent. Then I added translucent Sculpey and baked it. I made lots of mistakes so if anyone tries this, I can provide some advice via PM.

Back