Hot Toys - MMS125 Terminator 2: Judgment Day: 1/6 Scale T-1000 as Sarah Connor

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys- Terminator 2: T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise (2010 Toy Fair Ex) full s

I have no doubts this T-1000 head, which looks fantastic, will only be found with this Sarah figure.

This release is filled with annoyances though. The T-1000 head sucks for anyone who can't get this figure because they'll never have that head because of it being rarer than standard MMS figures. The Sarah itself being almost the exact same figure as the first release just with a more appropriate head sucks because it's pretty much the version that should have come out all along and instead it's the rare one and the sucky one is the more easily had one.

Re: Hot Toys- Terminator 2: T-1000 in Sarah Connor disguise (2010 Toy Fair Ex) full s

i dig the expression for sure. and definitely nice to see them try something different. but i think my dislike comes more from likeness than expression. they'll probably tweak it but i see less linda hamilton than the first release. but likeness is one of those odd things 50% of people will see in a fig, and the other 50 flatout won't be able to.

Meh, I think this looks like crap. I'm glad it's an exclusive.

There are two things that I like from this set. The doughnut T-1000 head sculpt and the boots/base. That's it. Like I said earlier, what an obscure choice for a figure. Why not an exclusive John Connor or a Pescadero Sarah Connor? No, a lame variation of Sarah Connor with a T-1000 head boot.

Obviously the selling point of this figure is that T-1000 head, but what am I supposed to do with it? I'm not putting it on that Sarah Connor body. 1.) In the scene where he gets shot in the back by the real Sarah, he doesn't have that head and 2.) This version of him happens much earlier when Connor blasts him in the head while he's in full uniform.

So they want us to buy this crap figure for two heads. One that should have been included with the V1 Sarah Connor (I'm still baffled that they'd make VARIATIONS of Sarah Connor before the T-800 or T-1000) and the other that should be included with the upcoming T-1000 figure.

When I see the T-1000 head on ebay, I'll be prepared to pay a high price for it. Sill this would have been ideal for a regular MMS T-1000 or an MMS DX T-1000.

____in Hot Toys.

Sucky one? I would say the regular Sarah head looks better than this SDCC version.

Sucky one? I would say the regular Sarah head looks better than this SDCC version.

i have to agree with that. i'm kinda glad this exclusive isn't a ton better than the earlier fig. the real hair while a nice touch just doesn't look the right colour, and too clean.

The side part is what throws the hair off the most for me, but it being down makes it win, I like the new head better than pretending the ponytail head is Sarah from the Steel Mill.

Hopefully HT announcing these today will mean a Sideshow announcement in tonight's newsletter.

I like the rooted hair, I like the facial expression, I like the stand and I like the T-1000 sculpt.

I don't like the Linda Hamilton sculpt and I wonder why they mixed the two. The Robert Patrick T-1000 sculpt will look "odd" on a female body. It is a cool sculpt but why add it as an accessory. I applaud HT for being creative but in this case I am not certain I like it :dunno

Numbers for the Tokyo toy fair. Pretty sure SDCC and other toy fairs will have this available as well.

20100527_8047f90c9865de7e0a6162bhbKZrudtC.jpg

Obviously the selling point of this figure is that T-1000 head, but what am I supposed to do with it? I'm not putting it on that Sarah Connor body. 1.) In the scene where he gets shot in the back by the real Sarah, he doesn't have that head and 2.) This version of him happens much earlier when Connor blasts him in the head while he's in full uniform.

I like the rooted hair, I like the facial expression, I like the stand and I like the T-1000 sculpt.

I don't like the Linda Hamilton sculpt and I wonder why they mixed the two. The Robert Patrick T-1000 sculpt will look "odd" on a female body. It is a cool sculpt but why add it as an accessory. I applaud HT for being creative but in this case I am not certain I like it :dunno

T-1000's head/neck is meant for a TTM body.... like the just released TTM-14
20100527_865435d0e993dca5b8a87huWZFeYZ1cy.jpg

20100527_589fa250ab67fafc6752bFd5bUZYqrgE.jpg

That's a true type? Never seen them before.

Love the whole package, but the T1000 head sculpt is not 'blown out' sideways enough.

Hang on does this mean we'll won't get that sculpt with the T-1000? Surely they'll include it if they do a bd version...?

It looks great though I like the hair, love the melted boots, not sure on the face sculpt. Most likely it'll be tweaked though. Usually I prefer Yulli's work, what else has Jeon Young Tae done?

Also I see potential to convert the shotgun into the stakegun for Blade :D

I think this is the only interesting exclusive from the bunch.

Im guessing since the t 1000 head wont fit on that body, its pretty much a given that they are gonna release a t 1000 figure. That way that head can be a bonus of some sort.

but yeah, I agree. Their marketing strategy is :cuckoo: this time around

I agree. Their marketing strategy is :cuckoo: this time around

I changed my stance, it is a great marketing strategy. I doubt this T-1000 sculpt will be included with any other T-1000 release. That said, I am certain the next T-1000 will have a "battle-damaged" version just not this one. Therefore, buy this figure to get the exclusive head sculpt or miss out. It definately makes this a "must have" figure.

I'll be getting this... I skipped on the first Sarah, but like this one better overall. And the extra head is just a sweet bonus :rock

I don't mind that the donut head is with this at all, I just hope the figure isn't that limited and people can actually get them at a reasonable price.

Sounds like Sideshow will also be selling them... but be prepared for a quick sell-out and high secondary market prices :lecture

I changed my stance, it is a great marketing strategy. I doubt this T-1000 sculpt will be included with any other T-1000 release. That said, I am certain the next T-1000 will have a "battle-damaged" version just not this one. Therefore, buy this figure to get the exclusive head sculpt or miss out. It definately makes this a "must have" figure.
That's what I'm thinking. If I get T-1000 at all, I want to display him with this head. I'm sure the other version will have the regular and "split open" head, and probably another head with the biker helmet (maybe the helmet will fit over the regular head). But the one with the shotgun whole blown through it is the one to display.

Hard to get mad at HT for being savvy business people. I just pray that these are released in large enough supply to meet demand. . .otherwise, I'll just pass on the T-1000 altogether.

Back