Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Straight from my flatbed scanner:

dYjUc.jpg

Welcome to the forum, I think this figure is not ultra rare but is certainly a popular figure, I think its the RDJ sculpt which is very good. I would expect to pay over £200 to get my hands on this guy now. I have no idea how many were produced ? Maybe only HT themselves know that.

Thanks!

Yeah,

I'm betting they keep production numbers proprietary. I think they make far more of the stuff than people think too. The "asking price" (very different from the going rate) for HT AVP figures on eBay is absurd. I'm sure some HT pieces are harder to get than others, but the prices for HT figures in general seem to keep going up and up. :slap

I really like it 'cause it's more alive than a "simple" armor, if you get what I mean. I prefer having a Mech Test instead, say, a Mark IV or Mark V.

I'd sell one, but more importantly OPEN one and PLAY!!!

You hit the nail on the head.

I respect everyone's collecting preferences, but I for one, cannot stand to think of letting my figures sit in boxes for the sake of turning a profit down the road. I could be dead tomorrow and I'm going to enjoy them!!

They really are a blast. I just got my Ghost Rider and Hell Cycle yesterday, what an amazing piece that is. I have been bitten by the HT bug, I can see why so many people are in love with these toys. I can think of far worse things to spend money on too.

If you think about it, if you only bought this figure to get the head to put on other bodies, it wouldn't be such a bad idea!

BTW,

Pardon the crude humor, but the Mech Test Tony head sculpt can be perfectly re-utiltized to make a Tony Stark on Toilet figure with Magazine and Cocktail! :cuckoo: :monkey4

No, well, not yet. I convinced myself I only needed one Ironman in my collection & decided on MkIV

Then you know how it is.....

A MkII comes along, then a Mech Test, you can't say no to a MkV, then a friend offers a War Machine..... Now I seem to collect Ironmen?!?

No, well, not yet. I convinced myself I only needed one Ironman in my collection & decided on MkIV

A MkII comes along, then a Mech Test, you can't say no to a MkV, then a friend offers a War Machine..... Now I seem to collect Ironmen?!?

:lol:lol:lol

Ironman's can be very addictive, I have MK I original, MK I 2.0 coming, Mech Test Tony Stark, MK II original, MK II Unleashed Exclusive, MK III, MK III Battle Damage Exclusive, MK IV, MK V, MK VI Exclusive, (Mk VII is on pre-order) and I had to have War Machine as well. All this after first thinking I only wanted one Ironman (the MK III) in the beginning. I've even bought extra gallery bases, bendable finger hands, and extra Tony Stark heads/armor collars for the older Mks.

I also have the Ironman II Black Widow, but I've had to pass on Whiplash and Iron Monger becauce I just can't afford them to.

I seriously cannot believe how much this figure is going for these days. Over $600?!?

I am kicking myself for not getting them at the Marvel online store during Christmas the year it came out for clearance at $119.99. Ughhh! I'll forever be haunted by this. lol

I was very lucky about 2 months ago with a local guy getting rid of his. Was brand new in box and unsealed. Got it for $320. I'll post a pic shortly.

I bought mine close to two years ago and it was around $400 to $500 then, but I'll tell you what there are some good custom re-cast on the secondary market and with all the MK IV heads on Ebay just a plain Tony Stark figure doesn't cost near as much.

Back