Hot Toys-MMS116:IRON MAN- Tony Stark (Mech Test Version) spec + pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey guys. I just bought an opened Mech Test Tony Stark :yess:, but the instructions are missing. Would anyone mind scanning them and handing me the link? :S

Thanks in advance :pray:

I managed to snag one of these locally :) Such a great piece. Hope they don't make a re-release on this.

Managed to get one for $270 a few months ago...it was opened but is perfect great fig with best head sculpt.

If I've learned anything about Hot Toys in the last few years of collecting their figures (and going back and paying higher than retail for ones I've missed on the secondary market) is that you can't count on them "not" re-releasing anything.

Just inspected the batteries and light up functions on mine, then this happened...2h journey into electric circuits and rewiring... :panic: :panic: :panic:

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kIxHq-sUxww[/ame]

Hi guys,

First post to the forum!! :wave

I just recently picked up Mech Test Tony (paid through the nose I might add) and am thrilled with the figure.

Is this figure as "rare" (the word rare is way overused IMHO) as people say it is?

Does anyone know how many were produced?

Tom

Best not! I just paid £300 ($480) for one in the UK!!!!

Got you beat!! I paid over $500 for mine! :thud: Nuts.

I have been looking for a long time and can tell you that I see them regularly close on feeBay in the low to high $400s. I saw one close for nearly $600!!

I see that many people are speculating that it will be re-released, but doesn't Hot Toys just do this for figures that didn't turn out well to begin with?

Got you beat!! I paid over $500 for mine! :thud: Nuts.

I have been looking for a long time and can tell you that I see them regularly close on feeBay in the low to high $400s. I saw one close for nearly $600!!

I see that many people are speculating that it will be re-released, but doesn't Hot Toys just do this for figures that didn't turn out well to begin with?

I bought one for a friend, I think two summers ago - it was $190 and that included international shipping.

Unreal.

I bought one for a friend, I think two summers ago - it was $190 and that included international shipping.

Unreal.

Yeah it is.

Your friend ended up getting a steal and probably didn't think so at the time. I don't think anyone suspected this figure would sky rocket in value like it has. It's like most VHTF/HTF collectibles, if you knew they were going to be such commodities, you would have bought 10!

For each person, something is only worth what you're willing to pay for it. I have no one to blame but myself, so I'm cool with madness like this. Now let's hope my dog doesn't get it and teach me a lesson ;) j/k.

Seriously though, the supply and demand on this figure is quite surprising to me. Obviously there aren't enough to go around and many people (like me) are willing to pay absurd sums for it.

I hope for collectors it's re-released, but I don't think it will be.

Last edited:
Mech test arrived today at work! No time to get him out yet, but a quick glance looks really good!!

Still feel a bit sick over the price, but gotta have Tony in his garage.

Yeah it is.

Your friend ended up getting a steal and probably didn't think so at the time. I don't think anyone suspected this figure would sky rocket in value like it has. It's like most VHTF/HTF collectibles, if you knew they were going to be such commodities, you would have bought 10!

For each person, something is only worth what you're willing to pay for it. I have no one to blame but myself, so I'm cool with madness like this. Now let's hope my dog doesn't get it and teach me a lesson ;) j/k.

Seriously though, the supply and demand on this figure is quite surprising to me. Obviously there aren't enough to go around and many people (like me) are willing to pay absurd sums for it.

I hope for collectors it's re-released, but I don't think it will be.

I certainly would have bought more than one! They guy had 7 in stock, I would have bought one for myself and a few more to use as trades. Ah well. I figure that the Mark V is going that route, too... I should pick one up...

Hi guys,

First post to the forum!! :wave

I just recently picked up Mech Test Tony (paid through the nose I might add) and am thrilled with the figure.

Is this figure as "rare" (the word rare is way overused IMHO) as people say it is?

Does anyone know how many were produced?

Tom

Welcome to the forum, I think this figure is not ultra rare but is certainly a popular figure, I think its the RDJ sculpt which is very good. I would expect to pay over £200 to get my hands on this guy now. I have no idea how many were produced ? Maybe only HT themselves know that.

Back