Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

What these actors are like in their "real"lives is irrelevant..we are buying them as they portrayed the character, not themselves!

So true. I couldn't care less about Tom Cruise and his religious ruckas since out relationship starts and ends at movies he is in that interest me. Fassbender could be a Bale-sized abuser of his family but I am supporting the franchise not him.

It was a good movie but interest in theses characters all but faded. Better hurry with GL before the interest is gone also.

It's not interest that has faded but awareness, these are iconic X-Men characters...Magneto, Beast, Xavier, Mystique, Emma Frost etc.

The interest is there but with no updates or news people aren't aware of them as much as say Iron Man, cos Iron Man has been pushed continually by HT without a break.

The second one of these goes up for order people will be aware again. And interest will spike. :lecture

My interest for GL faded right when I heard they were gonna make a GL movie :lol

Bet the same thing happened when you heard Batman was getting Rebooted after the Batman and Robin fiasco, how'd that work out for ya :lol

I'd agree with you if the movie designs were closer to comic book, but we shall see. I have a feeling this will go the way of Inglorious Basterds... not flops but not too much demand either.

I'd agree with you if the movie designs were closer to comic book, but we shall see. I have a feeling this will go the way of Inglorious Basterds... not flops but not too much demand either.

MUCH closer than the Singer films :dunno

This would have more demand than Iron Man if developed properly, i can't think of a better recipe for success; plenty of original and unique looking characters = plenty of varied figures & no need to produce the same character multiple times to gain a profit, while also keeping the attention of collectors with a diverse range of figures and character types.

MUCH closer than the Singer films :dunno

This would have more demand than Iron Man if developed properly, i can't think of a better recipe for success; plenty of original and unique looking characters = plenty of varied figures & no need to produce the same character multiple times to gain a profit, while also keeping the attention of collectors with a diverse range of figures and character types.

They are closer than the Singer films, but not as close as Cap, Iron Man, Thor or Batman figures. I think those do better than the other figures mostly because of their look. Even if the Avengers flops, I'm sure the Hulk figure will have no problem selling at all. Even if he is a terrible character in the film.

Plus, for the X-men ones they are only close to one era of X-Men uniforms and they don't even have the main characters that wore similar outfits in the film (Cyclops, Jean, Angel, etc) No nostalgia really there.

I'd say the closest design/costume wise is Emma Frost. I don't recall Professor X or Magneto ever wearing the yellow/blue costumes in the comics. And I thought Magneto's end costume was pretty terrible.

After reading that Fassbender had a restraining order against him for abusing his ex girlfriend I don't really want a figure in his likeness.

Agree. And I REALLY wanted this figure.

But as you can see, our male counterparts will throw up every excuse to justify getting it.

Crazy actors I can handle. Drug users – fine by me. And historical figures, they seem a pretty valid exception, because they represent reality.

But celebrities that assault, rape or murder are not someone I want in my collection. They taint what they represent.

.But celebrities that assault, rape or murder are not someone I want in my collection. They taint what they represent.

Do you know what the assault actually was? in today's world world he could've been charged assualt for flicking her ear :dunno

Plus, for the X-men ones they are only close to one era of X-Men uniforms and they don't even have the main characters that wore similar outfits in the film (Cyclops, Jean, Angel, etc) No nostalgia really there.

I'd say the closest design/costume wise is Emma Frost. I don't recall Professor X or Magneto ever wearing the yellow/blue costumes in the comics. And I thought Magneto's end costume was pretty terrible.

Yeah i thought that too :lol

But even aside from costumes, you got Mystique, Beast, Azazel, Magneto (helmet) all very unique looking characters, the Skaar PF response proved people don't even need to know about the source material to be sold by fantastic design, and all those characters would look ace as a HT Figure.

Do you know what the assault actually was? in today's world world he could've been charged assualt for flicking her ear :dunno

Fassbender and Andrews’ reunion is interesting in light of allegations that the exotic beauty made against the “X-Men: First Class” actor in 2010. In March of that year, Andrews filed a motion in L.A. Superior Court asking for an order of protection against Fassbender and demanding that he move out of their Bel-Air home. As the Daily News reported, she claimed in court papers that in July 2009, Fassbender “threw [her] in a drunken fury and in November dragged her alongside their car, hurting her ankle and bursting an ovarian cyst.”

https://articles.nydailynews.com/20...hael-fassbender-leasi-andrews-lawrence-bender

Holy.... wow, okay.

I suppose everyone's reasons for collecting these figures differ, but I collect them because I respect an actor's portrayal and development of the specific character. Without that actor, that version of the character I enjoyed so much would not exist. So when I hear things like that... Well, I have a hard time respecting the actor, and therefore respecting their work. (I'm mostly talking about actors harming others. I couldn't care less about the things they do to themselves, even if they're odd). I'm sure he's realized he seriously screwed up because he seemed like a pleasant guy in all of the interviews, but, still.

As far as the figures go, I've only really ever cared for one. Don't care about Emma and the others anymore, their spot on the spending list been replaced successfully with my own gal who's going to ring me in about 2 times over. Xavier is the one I still want, but he's always been conditional - price, accessories (and that includes the presence of stupid and pointless ones to jack up the price - I for one never cared about accessories beyond optional hands, and IMO Xavier shouldn't have anything except for those, and maybe a swap-out facial expression or something) and likeness.

Fassbender and Andrews’ reunion is interesting in light of allegations that the exotic beauty made against the “X-Men: First Class” actor in 2010. In March of that year, Andrews filed a motion in L.A. Superior Court asking for an order of protection against Fassbender and demanding that he move out of their Bel-Air home. As the Daily News reported, she claimed in court papers that in July 2009, Fassbender “threw [her] in a drunken fury and in November dragged her alongside their car, hurting her ankle and bursting an ovarian cyst.”

https://articles.nydailynews.com/20...hael-fassbender-leasi-andrews-lawrence-bender

Andrews withdrew the motion in April 2010 because, according to a friend at the time, she didn’t want “to hurt” Fassbender’s blossoming career.

tell the whole story now....shame, shame

Andrews withdrew the motion in April 2010 because, according to a friend at the time, she didn’t want “to hurt” Fassbender’s blossoming career.

tell the whole story now....shame, shame

The whole story? How does that doesn't mean he didn't do it? It just says she didn't want to hurt his career for whatever reasons. Just like Rihanna is apparently back with Chris Brown now. Doesn't make him a better person, does it?

review_platoon1_1.jpg

People bought this figure, and still are. Need I say less? :lol

I'm not saying that people don't buy figures based on the likeness of ****** bags or _______s because they do... just saying I don't want him. :lol Glad Star Puffs agrees. :)

I'm not saying that people don't buy figures based on the likeness of ****** bags or _______s because they do... just saying I don't want him. :lol Glad Star Puffs agrees. :)

A lot of people on this board have trouble with the concept of personal preference. :lol

Personally I get why some people wouldn't want an actor on their shelves because of what they do in their personal lives, remember the hullaballoo over the Michael Jackson figures? For me though I can really separate the actor and the role even if it's their likeness. I don't particularly care for what Fassbender has done, if proven that he did in fact do it I haven't followed the details, but my money is going to a depiction of Erik in FC whether he "looks" like Fassbender or not.

All this talk for a figure probably swept under the rug at HT....and stomped on by Batman!

Back