Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

JanuaryBoring.png

I didn't think she was horrible. She wasn't great either. She was just there. She wasn't given enough material to be "good" or "bad".

I can agree with this - the material really wasn't there for her to work with.

But at the same time, I feel like she lacked in facial expression and tone throughout the movie. A stronger actress might have been able to do a little more with it (though not much).

I don't think you can blame that on the material. She had plenty enough opportunity to do something with that role (even without speaking), and just didn't. But I wasn't surprised, because I've seen her act before.

Quite good! But her role requires her to play a repressed house wife, so. . .

I should add that I've only seen the first season so far.

Quite good! But her role requires her to play a repressed house wife, so. . .

I should add that I've only seen the first season so far.

I'd like to get into that show. Haven't had time though. Heard good things.

it would be cool if HT can pull of the diamond look, I'd buy a diamond form Emma. And I'm not talking about the typical transparent look either, but something that resembles that sparkly diamond effect as seen in the movie.

it would be cool if HT can pull of the diamond look, I'd buy a diamond form Emma. And I'm not talking about the typical transparent look either, but something that resembles that sparkly diamond effect as seen in the movie.

I was thinking about that the other day. I would love to see them attempt something like this. I don't know if they try would because I would think that they would need to make an all-new body, no?

Meh would be too costly and time consuming for a lame character. Rather they spend their time on worthy figures (which they don't seem to often do!).

Meh would be too costly and time consuming for a lame character. Rather they spend their time on worthy figures (which they don't seem to often do!).

I agree to a certain extent. I don't think the demand would be there, as you said, and cost would probably put this one over the top.

Well I think that if they are going to attempt that, they would probably just make it an alternate headsculpt and not attempt to do the body as well though I suppose it could be an entirely separate release, which could be interesting.

Personally, I thought the Emma Frost in the movie did great. I hear people complain that she didn't do anything or change expressions much, but I think that's what made her interesting to me. She was a behind the scenes character and she didn't strike me as really caring about what was going on, which gave her a cool appeal. A perfect example is in her last appearance in the film *trying to avoid spoilers* where she is just lying on the *object that can be laid on* and gets up without even changing expressions, as if she couldn't care less.

When you have so many emotionally driven characters like Magneto, it was nice to have someone like Emma.

I think you make a lot of good points there. I definitely enjoyed her character and the approach they took with her. She certainly flaunted her looks, but that's part of the Emma persona, IMO. I hope they develop her character more in future films though. She deserves more than what she got in First Class. With that said, I absolutely loved the movie.

That would look amazing if they can pull it off. If they can make a reg Emma and some how cover the joint seams, I would definitely buy it.

That would look amazing if they can pull it off. If they can make a reg Emma and some how cover the joint seams, I would definitely buy it.

I would just be worried about how poseable it would though, no?

or just wrap her with tinfoil.:lol

Saw the movie last night, thought it was great! Loved Emma (though my wife and I agreed she was a bit like a Fembot :lol) and of course Magneto. I'd absolutely be down for a HT Magneto with flightsuit and helmet.

I didn't love Azazel and Riptide. They seemed like 80's vampires that wandered out of Lost Boys and into an X-Men movie. :)

Back