Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys-MMS: X-Men 1st Class

Well done Hot Toys!:clap .............. Easy pass on a MEH licence:lecture

They had like 3 other xmen movies to make a line- cyclops, halle berre as storm, rebecca what's her name as mystique, patrick stewart as prof x in the chair with a cerebro helmet, nightcrawler, JUGGERNAUT, but instead we get this lot.

Wallets of the world breathe a collective sigh of relief.

Do you know how much it would have cost HT to license the likenesses of Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, Halle Barry, Rebecca Romijn, Famke Janssen etc as compared to these relatively unknown actors in this xmen installment??

Pass. The only figure I'd even be remotely interested in getting would be Emma but the likeness would REALLY have to wow me before I even consider it.

Well so far I have only seen good reviews for the movie, so people might be a lot more excited about this announcement in a couple of weeks

Do you know how much it would have cost HT to license the likenesses of Patrick Stewart, Ian McKellan, Halle Barry, Rebecca Romijn, Famke Janssen etc as compared to these relatively unknown actors in this xmen installment??

Can't be any more than Hugh Jackman. Or Arnold. Or Christian Bale. Or Robert Downey. Or the Resident Evil chick. Or Johnny Depp....

Well apparently there is a Wolverine cameo in First Class..... :wink1:

Anyway i think that this being the new X-men status quo then it was more beneficial for them to buy this line for the moment. With a potential sequel it means that more and more people will be interested in this line.

For me I too agree that a lot of the designs aren't appealing enough to have on a shelf but i think that the cost of certain figures won't be as expensive (Spider-man) because of the lack of accessories that we'd get with them.

If this line comes to be I would get a few depending on there prototypes.

Magneto
Beast

Other potential figures are:

Angel (the wings would look nice)
Banshee
Havok
Mystique
Professor X (w/ Wheelchair maybe?)
Moria MacTaggert
Sebastian Shaw
White Queen (maybe interested if cheap)
Riptide
Darwin (one of the more interesting figures if they get different skins for him)
+
Azazel (again interesting due to looks)

PASS... Far to many other things to buy form Hot Toys plus I got Blitzway Scarface will hopefully be shipping out soon as well... Hot Toys just keep knocking these out even there huge fans arent going to be able keep up with everything there doing...

Unexpected and unfortunate this is.........I am interested depending the character(s) released......

Im excited to see how they will do Beast if they make him. I would also love to see them do Magneto

Magneto is the only one I would care. they should have started with Cyclops and Professor X from the 1st X-Men movie.

I am not ruling out this film until I watch it. I think the classic blue / yellow x suits would be awesome on display. With HT track record, I am sure this license will be something unexpected.

If the movie is good, I wouldn't mind a Fassbender Magneto or Emma Frost.

They would rather make character from the first 3 movies, which I might have bought.

Easy pass.:wave

^Agreed. I might have been interested in those characters but certainly not for these.

Anyways Looking forward to seeing what they can do with the licence.

Back