Hot Toys - MMS: X-Men 1st Class (License Discussion)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks awesome

1395331_671961332837175_1353124529_n.jpg

DO WANT!!!!!

Lol. Again, it's just a yawnfest of a costume. Wish they'd do the X-Men some justice and actually design something cool for them. No wonder HT won't make any of the characters. I love X-Men but wouldn't touch these designs with a 10-ft pole if I were HT.

They touched the crappy Avengers Cap and Hawkeye costumes.

This Magneto is as close to the comic (colour aside) that live-action will get, it's got the collar/chest design, the cape and the muscly chest look.

Cap is doggone iconic (though not a fan, so not something I'd pick-up). Hawkeye I think was more-or-less just along for the ride. You're right his costume was nothing special. In regards to Mag's costume, though, only thing cool about it is Fassbender. Agree that he looks badass. Putting the costumes aside, I don't think X-Men will ever have Avengers/Iron Man level success or buy-in from the public, so it seems doubtful to me that HT will chance much of an investment in it.

They touched the crappy Avengers Cap and Hawkeye costumes.

This Magneto is as close to the comic (colour aside) that live-action will get, it's got the collar/chest design, the cape and the muscly chest look.

:lecture :exactly: Cap’s suit and mask in the Avengers is a joke.

Cap is doggone iconic (though not a fan, so not something I'd pick-up). Hawkeye I think was more-or-less just along for the ride. You're right his costume was nothing special. In regards to Mag's costume, though, only thing cool about it is Fassbender. Agree that he looks badass. Putting the costumes aside, I don't think X-Men will ever have Avengers/Iron Man level success or buy-in from the public, so it seems doubtful to me that HT will chance much of an investment in it.

True but we can blame FOX for that. They have not made a single good X-Men film to rival Marvels movieverse yet.

Last I heard X-men 2 was looked on quite fondly aswell. The first film was liked well enough to help the whole superhero genre blow up in the noughties.

Last I heard X-men 2 was looked on quite fondly aswell. The first film was liked well enough to help the whole superhero genre blow up in the noughties.

For the most part that's true. The thing is that Iron Man, Spiderman 2 and TDK raised the bar far too high. You can also bring Avengers into the mix here. I had a ton of problems with that film, but the one thing it proved was that you CAN have a team of bright colored superheroes using a TON of crazy powers and people will accept it.

Brian Singer's X-Men just doesn't cut it anymore. It also doesn't help that Singer uses the X-Men to get his own political message to moviegoers. Yes, being a mutant could be like being gay... we get it, now move on already. Just imagine what X-Men would be like if they did a reboot and followed the cartoon or even Jim Lee's run from 1992. Better yet give Rouge all of goddamn powers and cast a WOMAN who looks and fits the part.

Back