Hot Toys - MMS - Wolverine (in X-MEN suit)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It would be a shame not to, if only for the better packout. I imagine Marvel is big enough now to warrant a DX figure, enough with DC dominating the line...

I like the shorter hair this time in "The Wolverine". Reminds of John Byrne's version.
picture.php

Its impressive that Jackman has now been in 5 X-Men films as Wolverine and working on his 6th. I wonder if he'll be in DOFP to make it 7?

I certainly hope so. It sounds like he is more than willing to continue playing the character according to his recent interviews!

In your six posts since joining here, half are in regards to a dislike of certain HT figures. Maybe "HotToys4Life" is the wrong handle for you...

Maybe collecting HT isn't the right hobby for you...

I LOVE HT, however at $200+ a figure, HT created this monster. I believe that Hot Toys has long since reached the market pricing ceiling, yet continues to increase their prices. Why? Because people (like you) continue to buy or support these figures (despite the obvious problems). Thus, leading to the "warranted" backlash from "knowledgeable" consumers when a product is not 100% "dead on". I've personally spent over $10,000 (not including current preorders, which currently amount to another $3000) on HT, since the 2008 release of The Dark Knight. Then they release a sculpt like the Avengers Thor? Really??? (which has since been corrected). I thank God for the people on SF, that have more time then myself, to create these Photoshopped images, showing what a figure should look like!!! I do believe that it's communities like SF keeping HT in line!

Attacking SF members is not the answer!!!

Last edited:

I LOVE HT, however at $200+ a figure, HT created this monster. I believe that Hot Toys has long since reached the market pricing ceiling, yet continues to increase their prices. Why? Because people (like you) continue to buy or support these figures (despite the obvious problems).

Attacking SF members is not the answer!!! Idiot!!!

:slap :slap

:exactly::goodpost: Just what I was thinking too.
I hope the Wolverine DX is the one from Uncanny or Astonishing wolverine... I dont know much about comics lol but you know what I mean right?... the one that is Blue and Yellow.... :D 90's lol.
I would love to see that one and other X men from that tyme such as Storm in her white outfit and Cyclops.

Not to keen on the dx thing, It works ok but never really improves to look of things though, mostly makes sculpts look worst if anything. Its good on batman figures that have a mask but not so much on regular faces and its not a feature that I use much ether, just a couple of times when I first get one to make sure it works than I leave it alone in fear of it breaking. It also creates an aweful gap on the back of the head, I want wolverine as an mms release as wolverine don't usually bring many accessoires anyway as he is a living weapon.

I LOVE HT, however at $200+ a figure, HT created this monster. I believe that Hot Toys has long since reached the market pricing ceiling, yet continues to increase their prices. Why? Because people (like you) continue to buy or support these figures (despite the obvious problems). Thus, leading to the "warranted" backlash from "knowledgeable" consumers when a product is not 100% "dead on". I've personally spent over $10,000 (not including current preorders, which currently amount to another $3000) on HT, since the 2008 release of The Dark Knight. Then they release a sculpt like the Avengers Thor? Really??? (which has since been corrected). I thank God for the people on SF, that have more time then myself, to create these Photoshopped images, showing what a figure should look like!!! I do believe that it's communities like SF keeping HT in line!

Attacking SF members is not the answer!!! Idiot!!!

I couldn't agree more! HT did create this Monster(us collectors)who now expect greatness from them. As the prices keep climbing on new releases, then obviously they can afford great sculptors. If the likeness of the actor isn't "dead on"...then they won't get my money.:mad:
And whoever it was that said that the "likeness doesn't matter" has got to be freakin' kidding me?!!:cuckoo: As a collector, that is the #1 requirement for me! Do you know long I've waited for a Luke Skywalker that ACTUALLY LOOKS like Mark Hamill?? And now they have FINALLY done it and my HT Bespin Luke is on pre-order....YEAH BABY!:clap

Man, I hope HT isn't reading these boards and hearing..."oh, the likeness isn't important...I'll buy the figure anyway", Because if that happens, quality will go out the window...and it's over guys.:Flush

I'd agree with the sculpt being the most important aspect of a figure (for me).

That said, the first Wolverine was lacking Hugh's likeness and I love the figure. In addition, Wolverine is my favorite character therefore, I will buy regardless the sculpt on this one.

Back