1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I like the head sculpt but the sculpted hair will hinder articulation. It's good to see Hot Toys "expanding" their releases by introducing characters outside the MCU and OT.

If this were a splitting image of the actor I’d be ore convinced to venture into the PT, but at the moment I’m able to hold strong. But Qui-Gon and Maul would suffice for a PT display.

2wt2hb.jpg

Same here. Star Wars wise, all I’d like is just a Bespin Lando. With the exception of an Endgame Cap and maybe John Wick, everything else I’m pretty much just waiting for 2.0 versions of figures.

Most of the time, I usually like selling one figure to fund another.

Only got Maul and R2D2 left on my list. Maybe Windu if he turns out good.

Articulation will be a hinderance and be regulated to a pose that makes the sculpted hair look normal. The same problem Thor Darkworld suffered from. Anything but a straight forward pose and the hair looks ridiculous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Agreed about Thor, but this one doesn't seem to have quite as big an issue with the hair sticking out when you turn the head, at least judging from the majority of photos. So maybe they're using a softer plastic for that now.

Although the shot below does look awfully suspicious to me, since I can't imagine the hair would hang that straight when turning the head like that. Looks like it was cut and pasted on.

55439678_10156127693347344_1237676821563047936_n.jpg

This figure brings me one step closer to being able to exit this expensive hobby. Only a handful of grail items left, including Bespin Han.

That's how I feel. With Qui-Gon and Krennic on the horizon, all I need to be announced are Bespin Han, Bespin Lando, General Veers, Mace Windu and Wedge Antilles and I'm out on Star Wars 1/6th.

Agreed about Thor, but this one doesn't seem to have quite as big an issue with the hair sticking out when you turn the head, at least judging from the majority of photos. So maybe they're using a softer plastic for that now.

Although the shot below does look awfully suspicious to me, since I can't imagine the hair would hang that straight when turning the head like that. Looks like it was cut and pasted on.

View attachment 448418

The hair on his right side looks like it’s not sitting flush against the body, while the hair on is left side is being bent over his shoulder. Nothing suspicious about the photo to me.

The hair on his right side looks like it’s not sitting flush against the body, while the hair on is left side is being bent over his shoulder. Nothing suspicious about the photo to me.

Well there are other shots with the head turned where the hair is clearly pushing into the robe and bending a bit, but here I don't see any interaction with the robe at all and no shadows underneath either side either.

So another 5 years and your done :lol

:exactly:LOL that’s what I was thinking. With EPIX and the Mandalorian plus anything they throw in to slow the pace like queen Amadala and what not, that time horizon is likely far off!:lol

Last edited:
Can't wait this figure looks wonderful! Now all I need Hot Toys is an announcement that Queen Amidala is being made!!! That.......Mace Windu and Jango Fett which should be up for pre-order soon

That's how I feel. With Qui-Gon and Krennic on the horizon, all I need to be announced are Bespin Han, Bespin Lando, General Veers, Mace Windu and Wedge Antilles and I'm out on Star Wars 1/6th.

If I had a HT Bespin Han and Lando and then a Lobot was announced with a light up head, I doubt I could pass on it.

Sometimes I think I am out and then something amazing materializes.

Happens every few months tbh :)

Back