1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Something characteristic, rougher is missing here (like with most HT headsculpts in recent years), but it is still very close and he's one of my favourite SW characters. Would love to buy one, in case I find a new local dealer who sells him.

Yeah it's a great likeness but does remind me a bit of Crait Luke in the way he looks a bit younger and smoother than he should.

But still, it's an overall fantastic looking figure so I'll definitely be ordering when it goes up.

Though I like Qui-Gon, I did not like the sculpt. The nose is off. And he looks like gazing elsewhere from the action.

2C80CE11-0FB4-491C-BA2B-B0D412D043BF.jpeg

Mace Windu is not that far...

He's referring to the custom sculpt a few pages back...

Ahh I see...my bad. I just think too many people jump to extremes in bashing a figure right out of the gate, but I guess to each their own. I think there is something in this face that is not quite 100%, but it's awfully close....and to say "atrocious"...I just can't get on board with that.

Where are you all POing this? I’m not seeing it at Sideshow. Unless it’s yet another Sidehsow glitch...

Hmmm....

The price from KG is interesting. Fingers crossed that this is close to the state-side pricing.

My thought (i.e. fear) was that with the additional poncho, and the set of 3-D printed holographic items (that in all honestly probably cost $0.12 about to make), etc. that this was going to easily be a $245 - $265 figure. Which is unendingly annoying to me because the trend is clear.

Set a few figures aside, add a few interesting but ultimately non-crucial extra accessories to the package, call it a "Deluxe" figure and get people nice and used to the $264.95 price tag, and then slowly but surely move the regular non-deluxe releases closer and closer to the deluxe price point, and Viola! The new "normal".

I love this hobby, but $300 ea. with shipping included for standard non-dx figures will be what drives me out. And we are just about there.

Are you listening Hot Toys?

^^:lecture^^

This

I think the issue is the eyes, too rounded and almond shaped.....

Looks likes he plucked his eyebrows or something....

Sent from the inside of a giant slug in outer space.....

I think hot toys missed the Neeson nose. looks straight and symmetrical, which his nose is not. If they tweaked that, he would be much closer in my opinion.
MV5BMjA1MTQ3NzU1MV5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMDE3Mjg0MzE@._V1_UY317_CR52,0,214,317_AL_.jpg

I like Qui-Gon even though he was a totally unnecessary character and I daresay even detrimental to the more important story of Obi-wan and Anakin.

Headsculpt looks decent but not fully there. Identifiable but not one of those sculpts that you'd call mindblowingly good.

I bet you guys think Jedi Luke looks, "spot on." That seems to be the popular phrasing these days even though most people can't seem judge properly. Just because you're accepting of a mediocre sculpt, doesn't mean the likeness is good.

I think hot toys missed the Neeson nose. looks straight and symmetrical, which his nose is not. If they tweaked that, he would be much closer in my opinion.
View attachment 448277

Nose is a big part of it but they also missed his eye sockets, cheekbones/creases are wrong, forehead etc. It needs a good amount of work but we all know hot toys is done with it.

Back