1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm thrilled that he arrived today! Looks fantastic in person, really hard to photograph. But, my review is up on YouTube....

The fabric used for his poncho is awesome, really love it.

IMG_7748.jpg

IMG_7749.jpg

IMG_7740.jpg

Looking at various pics and seeing a vid I think lighting is key with this sculpt. It’s particularly soft and a bit too wide but doesn’t look bad all the time.

Like many figures this will probably look ten times better on the shelf than in pics.

Glad to see the reviews and shots starting to pour in. He looks great. Starduster's shots show a little grey made it onto the beard and hair. Very much looking forward to this figure!

I always appreciate these early reviews. I don't really care how they get their figures.....just delighted that anyone wants to make the time and effort to do them. Wish I did, but they'd always be really late...pretty close to last in line getting them.

The portrait is looking exceptionally soft. Agree that once in hand, it will probably be fine. As for the "angle " issue of what makes it look stronger, well, nearly every HT portrait strikes me that way.

Agree Jedibear, lighting from above and below with the use of shadows and head pose angles can salvage most sculpts on display, except for Sideshow Nathan Drake. There's just no helping that abomination.

I wish I hadn?t seen the Liam Neeson sculpt done by Enterbay for MIB: International. It makes this one look meh.

I think Jnix did a much better job capturing Neeson's more angular features with his Ra's sculpt a couple years ago. I wonder if he might consider reworking it into a Qui-Gon?

42551935_541404772947147_4980806344048115712_n.jpg

Sorry but the sculpt looks about 70% there. I love the character and the poncho looks great, I just can’t purchase him when so many others are coming soon from HT and Asmus.

I like it enough to get it, but he does look very young. I would say wait for the 2.0 but that could be 20 years from now.

If you want a nice 1/6 Qui Gon I hope you like this because I don't think a better version is coming...ever

Back