1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - The Phantom Menace - Qui-Gon Jinn

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If he classes his YouTube channel as a moneymaking concern he can probably claim the purchase price on tax.

Yep. Tax write off. But I'd say he'd also get a reduced purchase price from ToysWonderland for advertising them in every video. T as well as the YouTube revenue would equate to a free figure (or very close) no doubt.

I think he said he works in business or finance. So probably a 9-5 job. Knock out a video a night as they come in.

I mean it's the same procedure every time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Why is Maul so small...?

a7dbdf74f6684d21e2bccb4687aa3017.jpg

f1e7816b06af1b8b77fb802d54c8749c.jpg

239fa013204ec1e7b7fd84f1067c196a.jpg

fcc5128fa8df5a2016ec801e37973792.jpg

9d8b82f006d7238302206c36b03193db.jpg

It?s baby Maul.
e705fd4901ac5601207a439aa967db95.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Yeah he's moving so fast next to them you never really noticed at the time, but he's definitely pretty short. Although this is one of those times when I think the actor's actual height matters less than how the director tries to portray them on screen, so I would have been perfectly fine with HT making the Maul figure a bit taller.

Yeah he's moving so fast next to them you never really noticed at the time, but he's definitely pretty short. Although this is one of those times when I think the actor's actual height matters less than how the director tries to portray them on screen, so I would have been perfectly fine with HT making the Maul figure a bit taller.

The funniest part is when he's walking next to Rune Haako and Nute Gunray. He's tiny.

He does pay for them, just not sure if it's full pop.

His videos are standardized, right down to the script so I imagine that speeds up the process along with repetition. He probably makes decent coin off all his YT views although I have no idea how much, and from what I can tell he was doing all right well before this, given he was like...an automobile guy of some kind. Cars aren't cheap. ;)

At any rate, he does a consistent and professional job, and his videos don't have any dead air or humm-ing and haw-ing. There are other reviewers that do this stream of consciousness thing where they kinda wing it and rattle on and it's excruciating. :lol

As far as YT money, D-Amazing said I think he makes like $8-900 in his biggest months. Nice but not exactly paying the bills for as much time as these guys put into it.

As far as YT money, D-Amazing said I think he makes like $8-900 in his biggest months. Nice but not exactly paying the bills for as much time as these guys put into it.

If anyone feels like looking up YouTube's payment structure and measuring that against Justin's number of videos x views x ads served you can probably figure out exactly what he makes, although I don't care enough to. I suspect it's higher than D-Amazing. He also has that channel with his girlfriend and car stuff, so maybe it all aggregates.

Standardized video with a practiced formula, maybe not a lot of editing involved, so although the volume is high, effort at this point may be less so.

Maybe I'm just naive,but I'm surprised people actually get paid to upload stuff to YouTube.
Wow.

Views and AdSense marketing. YT figure reviewers are not making much. At the top end a grand or two a month would be a winfall getting 10,000 views a day. They can do more damage with the tax shelter it creates if the reviewers are smart about it.

Back