Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
An edition size is how many of a given thing will be made.

"How many" always equals a finite number. "We're making 2400 of these" means.... wait for it.... that they are making 2400 of them. A finite number. This goes not only for HT, but anywhere!

I don't know what the edition size for this will be. But HT knows, and that is how many of them will be made. This is hardly news; when HT sells out of an item, that's all there are. They don't make a given figure forever.

Anyone about to post "BUT WHO TOLD YOU THEY'RE MAKING 2400?!!!!" please re-read paragraph #3 up there.

p.s. and if HT does not have a finite limit on their figures, cool. Please let me know what they say when you try to buy HT Loki or Nick Fury from your comic shop or SSC nowadays, should be interesting. [Not talking about ebay, or the secondary market.]

Uh thanks for that. :slap

Don't forget the free Angelica figures. $224.99 retail. I doubt they're moving too many of those at that price if they can give a pretty good number of them away as a promotion.

Exactly. 2 out of 200+.

There is clearance bin when it comes to HT

Like the figures, but not at this price. I have to be selective now, on what I buy and collect. Just not worth the price.

Exactly. 2 out of 200+.

There is clearance bin when it comes to HT

There are a few more that I think might also have a good chance of being discounted come this coming Black Friday as well(I'm looking at you The Boss!). A lot of figures that would've sold out relatively briskly back in the day are still sitting around long after release. Great figures like Wolverine and Symbiote Spider-Man too. Heck DX Luke with the two figures and Reeve Superman stuck around for a long time too. All I'm trying to say is that Sideshow and Hot Toys are very capable of overestimating the dollar value of their products.

I think these Chitauri guys are awesome looking figures. I love them and would love to add them to my Avengers collection. I'm going to skip them, though. $475 is just too high for me. No harm, no foul. I hold nothing against those that will buy at that price, but I'm out for these these at that price level. If I win one in a contest or something, I'll be very happy though.

Haha, I have been anticipating the Chitauri for the last few weeks because I was tired of posing Loki with Thor. Unfortunately, with the price, I'm only going to pick one. I had gotten used to the idea of the Footsoldier, but then they surprised us with the Commander, which I personally think looks cooler (with the grenade and all), so I pre-ordered that.

I also really hope the size is 14 inches. Has anybody in HK by the official store been able to confirm the size?

What does everybody else prefer/would pre-order if you could only choose one?

Not in the market for these but if I was only getting one for display, it would definitely be the commander. More interesting design and compliments Loki better, I think, as it's not a mere foot soldier but someone he might actually interact with. Think I'd only pick-up the foot soldiers if I was getting at least two to display with a commander/Loki.

Predators are hardly heroes, and they seem to be pretty big over there.

Not really the case. In Singapore, predators tend to be selling cheaper than preorders in secondary markets and still no ones biting at that price. Given these chitauris are henchmen, have dull grey appearance with only bronze highlights on armor and accompanied with extreme prices and long delayed preview since the movie was launched; the hype is just not there. This will only get worse with HT previews of new movies being released later. Prediction: their pricing will end up falling below PO price in secondary markets

Not really the case. In Singapore, predators tend to be selling cheaper than preorders in secondary markets and still no ones biting at that price. Given these chitauris are henchmen, have dull grey appearance with only bronze highlights on armor and accompanied with extreme prices and long delayed preview since the movie was launched; the hype is just not there. This will only get worse with HT previews of new movies being released later. Prediction: their pricing will end up falling below PO price in secondary markets

Hope you are right so I can add a second foot soldier to go with my set. Price kept me from preordering an extra soldier.

JP

An overpriced product targeted at an audence that can't afford it. And so they put themselves out of buisness becuase not enough people can afford the product they produce.

If you can't afford it that's not Hot Toys problem. They have been targeting the same audience for years & based on their success they won't be going out of business anytime soon.

1479440_590038004402520_307523266_n.jpg

These two look great together :yess:

They do. But they don't look better than this....

Back