Hot Toys - MMS - The Avengers: Chitauri figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
At second glance I think that's what I got them at too. I mixed up the USD and the AUD. Because it showed them both. Do you see a charge for $130 ish as well?

Yeah I was a little confused at first as well. Since they reflected on both the order check out and PayPal checkout. The $130 amount appears to be specific to the grand total in AUD.

76f83ecf5a66dd30a100a0a46c03df35.jpg

Have kept myself from ordering these. I actually just wanted the bases more than the figures.

Yeah I was a little confused at first as well. Since they reflected on both the order check out and PayPal checkout. The $130 amount appears to be specific to the grand total in AUD.

76f83ecf5a66dd30a100a0a46c03df35.jpg

Ok yeah. That's how mine looks as well. Emailed them just to clarify and sure enough they said that it shows both and it will show up as 95 USD on my end after all is said and done.

Wow, 95 bucks? That's crazy cheap. For a hot toys I mean.

I know. Especially these days. I think the cheapest I've seen was when Twoface sat around. You could get him for almost $80 at one point.

Though here in NYC a local store discounted the ASM2 Electro figure down to $100 and it still took a while to sell out :lol

Yeah, the "Usual Suspects", ie Tonto, Nolan, Electro, Jor-El all have made crazy prices over the last year or two at Popcultcha, but I don't think I've ever seen a normal sixth scale Hot Toy that low... as I said in another thread I just don't think I could find a place for them considering my MCU figures are mainly Age of Ultron... If they were Ultron drones or Iron Legion they'd be getting the big tick..

Yeah, the "Usual Suspects", ie Tonto, Nolan, Electro, Jor-El all have made crazy prices over the last year or two at Popcultcha, but I don't think I've ever seen a normal sixth scale Hot Toy that low... as I said in another thread I just don't think I could find a place for them considering my MCU figures are mainly Age of Ultron... If they were Ultron drones or Iron Legion they'd be getting the big tick..

Oh yeah...those guys have had some crazy discounts. I primarily collect the villains when it comes to Marvel characters. I'd been trying to squeeze this guy in for quite some time, but couldn't find a price I was satisfied with. $95? Bingo :lol

Speaking of which, he arrived today. SO FAST! This figure is way better than I expected...but maybe that's just the rush if getting such a good deal :lol

image.jpg

The Chitauri are pretty big guys. I was impressed with the size of the figure more than anything. It made me stop and think how Cap could actually go toe-to-toe with them.

Got mine today. Nice figure I may order a Footsoldier next paycheck.

Last edited:
Mine came today! Much bigger then I expected, but God it's a nice looking figure. When I eventually get a Loki (next year's Thor!!!) the Commander will look even sweeter!

Yeah if they stick around much longer I'm gonna have to order a couple more myself. That's just to good a price

The Chitauri are pretty big guys. I was impressed with the size of the figure more than anything. It made me stop and think how Cap could actually go toe-to-toe with them.

In the Avengers Times Square exhibit (no longer there), they had a life-size Chitauri statue there, pretty intimidating size, around 6'5 ish IIRC. Not just Cap, but tiny Black Widow took out a bunch of them as well, now THAT was probably intimidating, except for trained Soviet assassins I suppose.

Some pics below (not mine). Using the display case, you can eyeball that the Chitauri stands nearly a full head taller than the Hydra soldier and Red Skull.

p1030468-e1401639140978.jpg
p1030472-e1401638463984.jpg
p1030470-e1401638506683.jpg

Question for those that have received them, was there a shipping invoice anywhere in the packaging (or anything visible from the outside that showed the amount)? I remember last time I ordered something from there,they put tons of bubble wrap around the figure and put the shipping label on top of that, but don't remember an invoice.

Back