1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Just saw one of these HT Han sculpts on ebay for 80 free ship if someone is looking.

Yeah, lots of guys are gonna pick this up for their smuggler, just to have an alternative HS look with a little personality. Still would like to see more pics than just the one pose from IAT. He should be doing a vid review soon I would suspect.

Chris, are you watching?

There have been many, many attempts to capture Harrison Ford's likeness as he appears in Episode IV. I think I've probably owned all of them. NONE of them have ever managed to capture the likeness as well as Jnix has done with his sculpt. It is absolutely superb and not a hint of Hasselhoff to it.

If you get chance to own one, I suggest you jump on it.

Chris

20170930_095634.jpg

Why would I spend $200+ for a sculpt I don't think is particularly great? I could just as easily argue people who are that invested in a head sculpt feel obligated to defend it.

I have seen a ton of pictures of it including side by sides. I won't post any here because I don't want to specifically insult any member. But sometimes I see a lot of Hasselhoff, in others I see a sort of "slow" Ford stunt double. But to be fair I have seen good shots as well. If you like it, good for you that you own it.

Last edited:
There have been many, many attempts to capture Harrison Ford's likeness as he appears in Episode IV. I think I've probably owned all of them. NONE of them have ever managed to capture the likeness as well as Jnix has done with his sculpt. It is absolutely superb and not a hint of Hasselhoff to it.

Chris

I have an unpainted JNIX, anyone know where I can go to get it painted, who I can contact?

Chris

Agreed. I'm not a fan of Jnix's Luke or Ben, but his Han is uncanny in-hand.

I understand the issues some have with the head as it appears in certain pics - the shininess and the slightly odd look to the face with wider angle lenses, but in most pics - and more to the point in-hand - it looks stunningly good and captures HF WAY better than any other Solo or Indy sculpt, and I've owned ALL of those at one time or another.

It is also the only sculpt that I felt like really captures the very specific look that HF had in ANH (partly the reason why I don't think the sculpt works as Indy or for ESB or ROTJ bashes, even though those movies were made not long after ANH.)

I have a V1 and V2 and you can see the hair is dark on one and lighter on another. I like the light hair on the trooper with Luke. I shot these with the iPhone X, didn’t come out half bad.

5FF9D6F2-9E43-4CBF-9606-9A36C91EE992.jpg

C8AB0495-91AB-4A1A-B095-8D83605B703D.jpg

DFE5B9C7-8795-446B-829C-6F8BE8207F91.jpg

Chris

View attachment 376426

Amazing photo, Chris. Spot-on ANH Han.

Just got mine in the mail. On my way to set him up and see for myself how good/bad this sculpt his.

Every Han Solo thread becomes a jnix, thread.

But it's just that good.. :lol

Hopefully I can pick up my Stormie Han at the post office tomorrow. Looks like the sculpt is pretty decent.

It does look great. Too bad they didn't include one with Luke as well.

I'm planning on using my background for my Gold Stormtrooper. I know many don't like the gold version, but to me it is more an Art piece. Just love the classic Stormtrooper design.

However I always struggle to find a spot for him, but a single backdrop stand like this one will do perfectly as a stand alone piece.

Just got this email from Sideshow!

"Your Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise Version Sixth Scale Figure item will be arriving into our warehouse earlier than anticipated. Your item is now expected to arrive in Dec 2017. "

Just got this email from Sideshow!

"Your Han Solo Stormtrooper Disguise Version Sixth Scale Figure item will be arriving into our warehouse earlier than anticipated. Your item is now expected to arrive in Dec 2017. "

Me too!

Not sure if this has been posted here or not. Went back a few pages and couldn't see it.

That background light up feature looks great. One of the main reasons I got this figure actually.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rhIeU4-8qTc&t=159s

Thanks for highlighting that (no pun intended). For some reason I didn't take note of it's inclusion when looking over this figure's promo material before.
I could feel myself starting to lean towards getting it, but that little detail absolutely pushed me over the fence.

I've been lusting after the JazzInc diorama's, but really don't want to drop that much coin now. This backdrop may be nowhere near those, but with the addition of a little styrene, paint, and some creative thought, I think I may be able to cobble something together that will serve the same purpose for a lot less money.

Back