1/6 Hot Toys - MMS - Star Wars: Episode IV - Han Solo (Stormtrooper Disguise)

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
These sculpts are from the sideshow versions of Han and Luke in Stormie disguise. They look pretty spot on unpainted, especially Luke. Did anyone attempt to repaint these back in the day? I can imagine someone like silent surfer would be able to make these sculpts really shine.

image.jpg

HOLY CRAP!!! where can those be had these days?

I found them... god they look awful with sideshow paint.

I wish someone would take another crack at getting that ANH Luke sculpt right.

These sculpts are from the sideshow versions of Han and Luke in Stormie disguise. They look pretty spot on unpainted, especially Luke. Did anyone attempt to repaint these back in the day? I can imagine someone like silent surfer would be able to make these sculpts really shine.

View attachment 377377
i still have the original sculpts. I would like to put there luke on the HT stormtrooper body some day.

Luke looks really good. But I agree, the paint app would definitely be the deciding factor between greatness and mediocracy.

Why didn't they go with these ? Or how did you get them unpainted ?

Luke looks really good. But I agree, the paint app would definitely be the deciding factor between greatness and mediocracy.

Why didn't they go with these ? Or how did you get them unpainted ?

These are the sculpts that SS used in there Han and Luke double pack. I have them and it’s a decent set but as with so many other Sideshow offerings, the paint apps are below average. The pic of the unpainted sculpts were released by Sideshow prior to the figures going up for pre order.

I had them from when they were released but just sold them last year. The sculpts were perfection but yes the paint wasn't great. It wasn't bad either. It was Sideshow's "phase 2" in trying to improve their head sculpts to compete with HT, so the heads were cast in the skin tone and just the hair, eyes and lips were painted. However, I remember they did a particularly bad job with this set, with many of the figures having wonky eyes. I actually had to return my set for a replacement because the eyes on both figures were all over the place, and there were sloppy production problems all over, like blobby chips on the armor's paint, sloppy placement of the shoulder straps and glue smears.

It was a nice set overall if you got a good one, but definitely outdated by now. The sculpts were smooth and a little soft by today's standards. No hyper-real skin texture or finely defined strands of hair.

And he's here! Looking much better than expected, good job on backdrop and head sculpt Hot Toys! Really digging the backdrop, maybe they'll sell them separately since they are attachable to each other :)
also, it fits perfectly into the IKEA Detolf.

Here are some bad iPhone pics just taken, hope they'll work in current format

a469a03fb1924e1957c062f2cfff55c6.jpg
bb07af160c7fcfd2ede6df209529db51.jpg
485cf17186e71502d52727342bbed71f.jpg
82517e013804b6b41e3d9573510ee9ca.jpg

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk

Love the light-up stand/backdrop..but for me the head sculpt is HTs poorest so far in the SW line

It's "Yup, I farted" Han.:lol

It has much-needed life more than the first HT Han, but I'm not sure they got the vibe right.

This isn't directed specifically at you but I often see complaints about the hot toys dead stare. Then when they try something like this, or doc brown...yep you guessed it more complaints. I wish every release was like Yoda too, but it simply ain't gonna happen.

This isn't directed specifically at you but I often see complaints about the hot toys dead stare. Then when they try something like this, or doc brown...yep you guessed it more complaints. I wish every release was like Yoda too, but it simply ain't gonna happen.

Yeah, the best ones seem to be the subtle expressions--GOTG v2 Star-Lord, v1 Antman, TFA Han. BD Bespin Luke is so scene specific that that one works really well to. When they push it a bit too much there are going to be some awkward ones.

I have to admit that while the first SS Harley sculpt looks amazing, I don't know if I could deal with that type of face on display--too in-motion an expression for what is a static figure, it takes away some of the realism since it's going to sit there motionless. It really does depend on the character though, for some characters the blank/serious expression really works fine.

Back