1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was happy with the Jawa right out of the box but apparently I don't have the same standards as others.

:lol

Lights on (I am contemplating putting some small rings of black tape on the eyes to make the lit-up parts more like pinpricks of light vs the larger eyes look.

I think that would look better. The SS lighting feature is definitely superior to the HT one but there's an angle with the shape of the eyes on the SS version that makes them look kind of angry/evil when illuminated.

I was happy with the Jawa right out of the box but apparently I don't have the same standards as others.

:lol

I think that would look better. The SS lighting feature is definitely superior to the HT one but there's an angle with the shape of the eyes on the SS version that makes them look kind of angry/evil when illuminated.

True, but I don't like those weird painted-on black eyelids - Jawas never had that in the movie. The HT eyes actually remind me of the hasbro 12" Jawa eyes with that LED in the back of the head visible through light pipe eyes. I'd argue the Hasbro eyes work better in that regard though.:lol

Not sure if I've seen it mentioned here already but the eyes are a bit toward orange more than straight red like in Mando, and the eyes in the Jawas-capture-R2 scene do have slightly orange looking eyes.

Very good review here... I actually came here again to see if I could get convinced to buy the set, but honestly, after your ?review?, I feel more inclined to buy yet another set of the SSC Jawas... a shame. When HT finally releases an alien figure it looks like they didn?t really try.
That said, your 50/50 SSC/HT Jawa looks great.

Yeah, I would say all up (moving past the robe debate) the SSC is the better Jawa overall - the robe color (while still not quite right) is closer to accurate, the bandoliers are very realistic, the eyes look excellent both lit and unlit, and the gun is the iconic Jawa gun (though I do like the blunderbuss gun.)

The issue with the HT is that two of its biggest pluses - the tighter body (again, the HT body doesn't look massively different to the SSC body quality-wise, so it's just joint tightness) and the better robe texture - are invisible from a normal viewing distance of say 3-4ft. The hood seam is also a lesser plus though, and that is sort of visible.

Cheetoh Jawa looking good, Tali. A bit off topic but what jacket is that on Ponda?

What Slikk said - the pleather degrades on all those jackets so I rubbed it off and replaced it with fabric paint. It's a tad rough but looks decent, though the "bumps" pattern on the shoulders/arms you lose quite a bit. I will be doing some work on that jacket once I'm done with the gonk and Death star droid.

Everyone: This Jawa is way overpriced

Tali (and I can't remember the name of the other user who did similar mods): Hold my beer while I add the cost of the SS Jawa set to make one single almost good hybrid of the two

Seriously, most expensive single Jawa you can have...

...and still be somewhat "meh" about it :lol

Yeah, it's certainly a ridiculously expensive Jawa - as I mentioned before, if you consider the power droid as a maybe $60 accessory, this is a $200+ Jawa. If Ht had nailed the Jawa and done a two-pack for $300 it would have been a dream deal.:(

But yeah - I'd call this a pretty meh and overpriced Jawa overall.

Brilliant solution for the eyes Chronos1919. This really fixes my biggest issue with the figure.
IMG_20200716_094110__01__01.jpg

That is the original Hasbro jacket I assume, painted with acrylic paint to preserve it. That?s what I did as well.

What Slikk said - the pleather degrades on all those jackets so I rubbed it off and replaced it with fabric paint. It's a tad rough but looks decent, though the "bumps" pattern on the shoulders/arms you lose quite a bit. I will be doing some work on that jacket once I'm done with the gonk and Death star droid.

Ahh... Looked like a different jacket. I didn?t notice the ribbing on the sleeves at first which i guess gets lost in the fix.
Thanks guys.

Apologies.
Rerail the derail...

I too went with Chronos rhinestone suggestion. It changes the figure entirely. This is a bad phone pic taken for far away zoomed in a bit just to show how well it works.
e0aa0c60d5b958dda8e1727bde93dc4a.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jawa is listed on the SS website as preorder. Is that because the first batch sold out and they are making more?

Sorry, no one responded to this so I never had a chance to clarify that this was sarcastic. :lol

Extremely underwhelming set, Gonk is okay, Jawa eyes are criminally terrible.

****!!
wish I read this earlier.
Just ordered for 389AUD at Popcultcha using reward points.

****!!
wish I read this earlier.
Just ordered for 389AUD at Popcultcha using reward points.

Don't worry not everyone thinks the same. I actually love mine. The suit of the Jawa looks more as the suit of the Jawa's seen in Episode I color wise. The eyes are same color as the eyes of the offworld Jawas seen in the Mandalorian TV show. I like the little fellow though. Great posability.
8fdffc0851c5666ff6186f0584bb3b14.jpg

e498685c60bba5ad47fda03401fb2c92.jpg

Back