1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Offworld Jawa
c1ee85a34550f3558686d0ab6ec029ee.jpg

Episode I Jawa's
b592fa536452a9ebbe1c74c0dc02d97f.jpg

That pic has a really yellow sun on it though. You can see the Episode I Jawas color more clearly in Mos Espa, and there they're more reddish brown, closer to an OT Jawa, not so pale and tan/orangish as the HT Jawa.

To me the color of the HT Jawa robe really only matches the Kenner PC Jawa (which is cool) and not any onscreen Jawa seen in any SW movie or Mando.

To me the color of the HT Jawa robe really only matches the Kenner PC Jawa (which is cool) and not any onscreen Jawa seen in any SW movie or Mando.

It matches the rolls of fabric they could get that were the cheapest.

I'm half joking, but I wouldn't be surprised based on the way they're currently treating the Star Wars license.

The eyes are more orange than straight red in-hand though, so not sure they work 100% for off-world Jawas either.

And yeah, my guess is that they just couldn't source that fabric (which really is a quite close match to the fabric weave,even if it's not as pose/futzable as I'd like) in the right color so just went with what they could get.

There are some color-distorted pics - for example aged/yellowed pics from the 1970s and flash-photo pics from the exhibitions - where the costume robe looks similar to the HT color, so there is that.

As I've said, I do kinda like the color from a Kenner PC Jawa perspective though. It really oozes vintage Kenner when you look at it, and that is cool in its own way.

I'm still considering dying the robe and Frankensteining the figure with the SS head and bandolier. At the moment I have nowhere to display the set though so I'm also tempted to just box them back up.

I'm still considering dying the robe and Frankensteining the figure with the SS head and bandolier. At the moment I have nowhere to display the set though so I'm also tempted to just box them back up.

It's a lot of work (the neck joints are very different size and placement so it's a very tricky thing to do) but doing that really saved the fig for me. I really didn't think much of the figure out of the box, but with all the mods I did I like it.

Yeah the off-world Jawa robes are really dark (darker than any OT or PT Jawa) and super dusty. The HT Jawa's light orange-tan robes are not even close to those Mando robes.

my set arrived today but I was in Sydney for the day.
Will have to pick up tomoz from the local PO.
Cannot wait to set them up with R2

my set arrived today but I was in Sydney for the day.
Will have to pick up tomoz from the local PO.
Cannot wait to set them up with R2

I called up Popcultcha to pay the balance on mine and they tried to charge full price. Apparently my order went in literally 2 seconds after midnight and they refused to give me the preorder price guarantee. So I cancelled and will move the deposit over to CW Anakin. Full price (based on a weaker dollar) made the decision to finally cancel this one easy. To be honest I was pretty disappointed in PC as if I had of paid in full at the time (which is what I always do except at the time I was in Japan and had other uses for my money) I would have got the cheaper price. Now I need to decide on just Anakin or do I get the Stap as well...

If these last and get discounted to a reasonable price I may reconsider.

Yeah,I'd hold out for a possible discount or use Rewards etc.
Shame Zing don't have it have it on their site cause then it would definitely discount at some stage.
This was more an impulse buy for me as i am up-to-date with what I want (except that darn Imperial Gunner).😁

Yeah,I'd hold out for a possible discount or use Rewards etc.
Shame Zing don't have it have it on their site cause then it would definitely discount at some stage.
This was more an impulse buy for me as i am up-to-date with what I want (except that darn Imperial Gunner).��

That gunner is gonna be a hard hole to plug. Good luck with that one.

I just got the rhinestones in from Amazon to put on my Sideshow Jawas. It certainly makes a dramatic difference since the jeweled shape makes them catch the light a lot more. It is hard to capture in photos but in person it legit looks awesome in any lighting scenario.

Just got the ship notice from BBTS... woof forgot how much this set costs. I am excited to get it in hand though!

Yes it is a pricey one. Mine is sitting in the pile of loot there. Going to wait a week or so to see if anything else comes in that it can be shipped with. I'm also looking forward to seeing for myself how they really look.

I just got the rhinestones in from Amazon to put on my Sideshow Jawas. It certainly makes a dramatic difference since the jeweled shape makes them catch the light a lot more. It is hard to capture in photos but in person it legit looks awesome in any lighting scenario.

It's almost magical how they work so well. I have them on three Jawas and every time I walk into the room they catch my eye.

Batteries and electronics are rendered completely pointless. Both Sideshow and Hot Toys could've saved themselves materials and production time by going this route.

Wasn't a real fan of the HT Jawa from the images. So I ended up purchasing just the Gonk Droid and HT Jawa Blaster. I still like my Sideshow Jawas. With a few mods (super gluing of the joints to make them tighter, and watering the robes) they really turned out to be great figures.

Attachments

• fullsizeoutput_2931.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2931.jpg
    277.5 KB · Views: 129
  • fullsizeoutput_2932.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2932.jpg
    363.9 KB · Views: 131
  • fullsizeoutput_2933.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2933.jpg
    332.5 KB · Views: 129
  • fullsizeoutput_2934.jpg
    fullsizeoutput_2934.jpg