1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Yeah at this point i figure how bad can it be? My expectations are not very high. I'll find somewhere in my collection to use the single Jawa, maybe in my Jabba setup, Cantina setup, or maybe one day even a HT 12 back lineup.

Did you cancel it?
Nah, I'm all in for now. I'll sell it later if it stinks. I repurchased the SS to do a direct comparison, or to mix and match if need be. Need a quality Jawa or two.

Mine shipped, it will be here Tuesday. I think I am more excited about the custom stand I ordered from coco for this set.
Yeah, I need one of those for sure.

Wonder what the odds are that this will linger long enough to get some discounts. Maybe at least free shipping. I’d maybe bite in that case. I don’t see it selling quick necessarily, but I also doubt that a bunch of this set was made.

Received mine from HK earlier this week. Here are a few pics. I'm happy to have this in my collection.

IMG_2882 (2).jpg
IMG_2883 (2).jpg
IMG_2884 (2).jpg

Thanks guys - the costume is really good and makes it very easy to futz. I didn't spend much time at all on him TBH after unboxing.
The lack of visible eyes without the light up feature is the main disappointing feature for me, which is one of the reasons why I decided on a profile pose. He adds a bit of fun to the shelf though. Holds a pose easily too and doesn't really need the stand, which I didn't even bother to unbox.

Got my custom Cocoboloboy Jawas stand and it looks excellent. Nice heavy and durable construction as well. Hot Toys should take note.

Now I just need my Jawas to arrive so I have something to put on it. :lol

Unpacked mine today, overall very happy with them.
Bases are cheap and nasty compared to usual hot toys ones. Gonk is pretty basic but don?t see what else they could do with him. He looks good, rather have him as is than be solid or have sound effect and be double the price. Sound effect would be cool actually.
Jawa is cool, I found the hood has Velcro attaches to the head that keeps the hood back, by undoing this and pulling the hood forward you can get a better sense of the eyes just glowing in the back without seeing the face. Sadly when the lights are off you can?t see the eyes at all which is a shame because they spent the time giving them a nice shape. Also no left hand to hold the barrel of the gun properly. The cloak is nice, could be a shade darker and more weathered on the edges.
Leia and wicket arrived the next day and is a much nicer set but overall glad I got them!
81e2d49e26ffc814ac643cc2697a8cba.jpg

70d0163db730d81dba850eb313f69814.jpg

7f79936699d9fbb8731c3595a74be086.jpg

1f54ecf41db088581872f95cce533ccf.jpg

62dbd27d4e823c4450b364d7d57e87ed.jpg

001d5cb62cd0ea47aa5d36f590a003f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm very happy with the set & think the negativity towards it are unwarranted. The gonk droid is impressive especially the legs & feet and I'm happy to have it in 1/6 scale finally. The Jawa robe seems about right to me as it shouldn't be as dark as Obi Wan's, plus it's nice to be able to pose the figure without frustration of it flopping or the hands & fur bracelets falling off over & over. The base attachments are cheap but I didn't buy the set for them & think $133.50 per figure is fair. DCD67217-9499-4F3D-AC89-22E851D5EB5D.jpeg

Unpacked mine today, overall very happy with them.
Bases are cheap and nasty compared to usual hot toys ones. Gonk is pretty basic but don?t see what else they could do with him. He looks good, rather have him as is than be solid or have sound effect and be double the price. Sound effect would be cool actually.
Jawa is cool, I found the hood has Velcro attaches to the head that keeps the hood back, by undoing this and pulling the hood forward you can get a better sense of the eyes just glowing in the back without seeing the face. Sadly when the lights are off you can?t see the eyes at all which is a shame because they spent the time giving them a nice shape. Also no left hand to hold the barrel of the gun properly. The cloak is nice, could be a shade darker and more weathered on the edges.
Leia and wicket arrived the next day and is a much nicer set but overall glad I got them!
81e2d49e26ffc814ac643cc2697a8cba.jpg

70d0163db730d81dba850eb313f69814.jpg

7f79936699d9fbb8731c3595a74be086.jpg

1f54ecf41db088581872f95cce533ccf.jpg

62dbd27d4e823c4450b364d7d57e87ed.jpg

001d5cb62cd0ea47aa5d36f590a003f0.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Love the use of the boxes - nice to see them used in display.:clap

It's a solid enough Jawa (well, Cheeto Jawa:lol) but personally I really don't like the almond eye shape at all - very "un-Jawa" to me. Almost like sleepy time Jawa. The color is a bit more toward orange than straight red but for me the eyes are 100% fail in pretty much every way - shape, color, brightness, how visible the light is (you have to view from just the right angle,) the "bumps/shiny beads" shape, how they look unlit (either invisible or like a cutesy-doll button eyes if you can see them,) the fact they have weird painted "eyelids," and even the smooth almost shiny face that surrounds them. Just bad, bad, bad to me.

The fact they put the switch in the exact same stupid spot where Sideshow put it is doubly stupid. Just like with the Sideshow Jawa, you have to fumble around to find the switch, messing up the delicate futz you've done on the hood every time you switch on or off.

And that hood velcro is so hard to work with - it's further back and the hood gap quite narrow, so you almost need a knife-like blade to gently reach back and separate the velcro halves (it peels off easily). Why they wired the hood straps in the back I have no idea - I would have preferred another wire running through the midline (ie horizontally or vertically, at cheek area) of the hood because even with the wires it has (front edge, back seam,) the balloon-y hood is still difficult to get futzed just right and it tends to stay ballooned out in the middle areas.

The hood is an improvement over SSC (no seam!) but the inner black liner billows out too much, almost making the plastic "face" look like it's in a small room with an overstuffed black fabric balloon, with puffy black fabric expanding out and forward all around the face. It would have been great if it sat really flat to the outer hod fabric almost as if the brown and black fabric were one and thin (though I realize that the ROTJ/exhibition Jawas do have some of this "puffy" black lining aspect.)

And yet more bad gloved hands from HT - oversized and soft, with unconvincing finger/hand sculpts. These join Imperial Gunner, Vader V.1, Leia Hoth and both Fetts as some of the worst gloved hand sculpts HT has done.

I'm very happy with the set & think the negativity towards it are unwarranted. The gonk droid is impressive especially the legs & feet and I'm happy to have it in 1/6 scale finally. The Jawa robe seems about right to me as it shouldn't be as dark as Obi Wan's, plus it's nice to be able to pose the figure without frustration of it flopping or the hands & fur bracelets falling off over & over. The base attachments are cheap but I didn't buy the set for them & think $133.50 per figure is fair. View attachment 489224

The articulation is relaly cool but the feet aren't even close to being accurate to the sandcrawler droid. There's other details that aren't quite accurate on the gonk body either, but the feet just seem to be from a completely different gonk. The "toes" are totally different, as is the foot design more generally.

I'm really not sure where HT got that design from as most of the gonks in ANH, ESB and ROTJ have very similar feet, like the ones seen in the ANH ref pic below. maybe the HT feet are a PT gonk design.

This is the HT gonk feet in the middle, with ANH sandcrawler gonk feet either side:

uVy1lK0.png

The articulation is relaly cool but the feet aren't even close to being accurate to the sandcrawler droid. There's other details that aren't quite accurate on the gonk body either, but the feet just seem to be from a completely different gonk. The "toes" are totally different, as is the foot design more generally.

I'm really not sure where HT got that design from as most of the gonks in ANH, ESB and ROTJ have very similar feet, like the ones seen in the ANH ref pic below. maybe the HT feet are a PT gonk design.

This is the HT gonk feet in the middle, with ANH sandcrawler gonk feet either side:

uVy1lK0.png

I'm asking SS for a replacement RN!

Back