1/6 Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Mine too arrived from kghobby today. Was a bit worried that the tracking never changed for a week but here. And all good.

I agreed with nearly all you said tbh.
I think the droid needs more weathering and I?m surprised as hot toys are usually better with this.
The stands are horrible. I can?t defend them but I won?t be using them anyway so it?s not. A deal breaker.

The eyes? I think I will pop some colour on them as I too don?t tend to use batteries - if the feature is easy to turn on I do but hot toys aren?t great with this.

As you say not the best thing they even made and a bit over priced but hey it?s ot and I love droids.
Happy I bought it ✅
Wish it was a bit cheaper? Maybe two Jawas and the droid for the price ? Yes. Bu t hey I wish hot toys were half the price ! ��

The weathering on the Gonk is so subtle, especially for a figure that's virtually one colour. As I was turning him in my hand the black staining turned white as the light hit it. I agree HT could've done a lot better.

The sandcrawler Gonk had a muted, rusty, worn out look, at least in this image:

power-droid.jpg

The HT droid is smoother, and more blue as if inspired by the old Kenner figure. Looking at him now, it looks as though the prop was made from two plastic boxes placed top to top.

The base toppers are very cheap. I'd have preferred something more substantial, like the base additions Sideshow used for their Hoth Han and Luke.

Incidentally, I found that the wire waist grabber wasn't very useful. If you put it outside his robe it would show, and it might also damage the pleather bandoleers. When placed inside his robes it ruined the line of them and made him fat. So I took the wire grabber out and slid the stand rod inside the inner dark brown robe, which prevents him from ever falling over.

I did the same with ANH Leia.

Sideshow is shipping this out next Wednesday. I just got the email. It will probably be the most rare HT OT release of all time, for better or worse.

Got the 5 day notice as well. Why do you think it will be rare? Interest doesn't seem very high and it looks to be still in stock everywhere.

Based on the fact that almost nobody preordered it because of issues with the figure and the ridiculous price, and the fact it seems HT isn't even covering full production of all preorders in the case of some figures due to Covid-19. I expect production numbers on this were extremely low.

Based on the fact that almost nobody preordered it because of issues with the figure and the ridiculous price, and the fact it seems HT isn't even covering full production of all preorders in the case of some figures due to Covid-19. I expect production numbers on this were extremely low.

Sounds reasonable. It will be interesting to see how it plays out.

50043712852_1e7d77d144_o.jpg

50042897903_7cd95dacf3_o.jpg

50043712922_7ed7436eec_o.jpg

I prefer the texture of the HT robe, and that it doesn't have the prominent stitching that stands out so badly inside the Sideshow hoods.

Sideshow has the better leather work, in that it actually looks like genuine leather, and, of course, far better eyes. In the first photo they're reflecting the direct camera flash, but under the normal room lighting they always reflect enough yellow to give them life.

Mine too arrived from kghobby today. Was a bit worried that the tracking never changed for a week but here. And all good.

I agreed with nearly all you said tbh.
I think the droid needs more weathering and I?m surprised as hot toys are usually better with this.
The stands are horrible. I can?t defend them but I won?t be using them anyway so it?s not. A deal breaker.

The eyes? I think I will pop some colour on them as I too don?t tend to use batteries - if the feature is easy to turn on I do but hot toys aren?t great with this.

As you say not the best thing they even made and a bit over priced but hey it?s ot and I love droids.
Happy I bought it ✅
Wish it was a bit cheaper? Maybe two Jawas and the droid for the price ? Yes. Bu t hey I wish hot toys were half the price ! ��View attachment 488476

How tall is the gonk?

And I love the "sandpit" sithlord! If in doubt, go with the genuine article.:lol

Still haven't gotten a shipping notice for Thanos, but I got the notice for this. Sideshow shipping continues to make no sense.

and the fact it seems HT isn't even covering full production of all preorders in the case of some figures due to Covid-19.

Personally I think that can't be true. There's no way they would say nope only making 100 that''s it.

Like i wrote somewhere else, far more likely is that the shop between us and HT simply sold more than they ordered with Hot Toys. So some people are missing out.

Personally I think that can't be true. There's no way they would say nope only making 100 that''s it.

Like i wrote somewhere else, far more likely is that the shop between us and HT simply sold more than they ordered with Hot Toys. So some people are missing out.

I wouldn't discount that as a possibility. That is exactly what I thought happened with Popcultcha at first. But now KG Hobby has the same issue. Makes it seem less likely that two normally reliable sources are coming up short. But maybe they have often exceeded their preorder numbers in the past and HT covered them as a courtesy but this time HT said no. :dunno

Things are definitely selling out more quickly than usual, that is for sure

I wouldn't discount that as a possibility. That is exactly what I thought happened with Popcultcha at first. But now KG Hobby has the same issue. Makes it seem less likely that two normally reliable sources are coming up short. But maybe they have often exceeded their preorder numbers in the past and HT covered them as a courtesy but this time HT said no. :dunno

Things are definitely selling out more quickly than usual, that is for sure

Yeah, I just read that from Asta now. But you could be right as far as Hot Toys now not covering small excesses of pre-orders.

I could totally imagine Hot Toys really stepping on the gas now to catch up and get back on track. i.e Produce what was ordered and on to the next one.

Anyway I hope everyone who pre-ordered way back gets theirs at least.

Re: Hot Toys MMS Jawas & Power droid

Interested to hear your thought when you have it. Still looks like a 6/10 release to me, maybe a 7 with the proprietary HT rose-tinted glasses on.

Yeah at this point i figure how bad can it be? My expectations are not very high. I'll find somewhere in my collection to use the single Jawa, maybe in my Jabba setup, Cantina setup, or maybe one day even a HT 12 back lineup.

Did you cancel it?

Mine shipped, it will be here Tuesday. I think I am more excited about the custom stand I ordered from coco for this set.

Back