Hot Toys - MMS - Ironman - Ironman Mk II Diecast Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's crazy. We are getting milked by HT. Still, I rather sell my old models and go with the DC. I think they will last longer and the paint more than likely should have better quality. The problem with another Mark III, at least for me, is that mine is signed by Stan Lee so I don't think I would go and get the BD version (if they release it)

More than I was hoping it would be. I'm still trying to decide if I want VI or wait for VII...

Ah, so this WILL be in scale with the newer figures? I'm in.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Not really, this mkII is down as being 310mm while the upcoming V and VI are listed as 325mm. Seeing as Iron Man is supposed to be 6'5 in the movies, anything that isn't 12.83" or 325mm is too short...which is pretty much most of them. Even the 46 and the WM mkIII are slightly undersized at 320mm.

Not really, this mkII is down as being 310mm while the upcoming V and VI are listed as 325mm. Seeing as Iron Man is supposed to be 6'5 in the movies, anything that isn't 21.83" or 325mm is too short...which is pretty much most of them. Even the 46 and the WM mkIII are slightly undersized at 320mm.

Right, but its much better looking than 11.8" Theyre within ballpark where it wont be as easily discernible.

I mean..its no question, the scaled up newer version is a welcome addition.

i am a figure collector of right about 1/6th scale give or take

So I wonder if they increased the overall size or just lengthened the legs? Kinda hard to tell at the moment...

I was about to do a repaint on my Mk 3, but if they're about to release a newer, bigger version with more accurate paint job, maybe I shouldn't bother.

Why is HT's scaling all over the place?

At 12.20'' this will be the shortest one of their new Iron Men Diecast releases... :slap

So I wonder if they increased the overall size or just lengthened the legs? Kinda hard to tell at the moment...

I was about to do a repaint on my Mk 3, but if they're about to release a newer, bigger version with more accurate paint job, maybe I shouldn't bother.
My guess is that its in the new midsection. Since the midsection was interchangeable on the MK3 it's likely they just slapped an upgraded midsection with better articulation and thats a little bit taller. Everything else in the legs and chest look the same to me.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G935A using Tapatalk

I'd guess they made it up in the torso, as they re-did the 'twist' version of the MK3.

Edit: Beat me to it :)

Last edited:
It makes sense that the torso added the height and maybe the rest is the same. This picture just looks like a photoshop of each other.

437e06c93b7d6995bd9b9ab676eae022.jpg

Another thing that stood out to me is that they have effects for the hand repulsors but not the boots...why...because the "MK3" mould didn't have holes at the bottom to fit any sort of effect attachment.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not 100%, but I wouldn't call it a deal killer:

413480690.jpg

Actually might have considered picking this up had they painted it correctly. Someone repainted the original Unleashed version a while back and it looks incredible.

Would have done wonders on this version had they bothered to do it. They need to stop giving the Mark 2 such a dull silver.

Oh well maybe when they re-release this figure for the fourth time.

maxresdefault.jpg

Actually might have considered picking this up had they painted it correctly. Someone repainted the original Unleashed version a while back and it looks incredible.

Would have done wonders on this version had they bothered to do it. They need to stop giving the Mark 2 such a dull silver.

maxresdefault.jpg

That looks amazing

Back